PieFacE

Just out of interest, since Alex Hunter is 17 as it starts, does anyone know how many seasons "the journey" actually runs for? Can't be the whole career surely... Or is it one and the rest is paid for DLC by any chance, wouldn't surprise me. 

9 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

I'd say around half my games have been laggy.  Pretty poor.

Glad it's not just me then. It's ruining the game for me.

Also, the input lag seems pretty bad too. I'd actually take FIFA 16 over this at the moment.

I have so many injuries in my career mode. Grealish, De Laet, Amavi, McCormack, Albrighton, Bacuna, and Darida are all injured. All of them except Bacuna are starters. I understand injuries happen, but wow this is a bit much no? 

I also learned the hard way not to throw out a ridiculous counter offer if I don't want to lose the player. Hamburg offered me 7 million for Suchy, so I said 15 million. They accepted. I then spent the last few hours scrambling to find a replacement. I offered 11 million for Wimmer, and somehow Tottenham accepted. I have to give him 100k a week to come down to the championship though. Spurs also offered me 30 million for Ayew. I rejected that out right. 

Call a player short, then cross it as close to the back post you can. Pretty much 50/50 whether or not it goes in. It's actually stupidly effective. The keeper just watches the ball sail over his head and if you player can out jump their defender, you just gotta tap it in.

Freekicks I don't know yet. I practice freekicks in training, but then I do literally the identical method in game and it goes no where near the goal. 

A tip for penalties is to push up on the D-pad. The arrow appears for where you will be shooting and how much power you will have. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2016 at 19:10, PieFacE said:

Play 4-3-3 attacking.  Set full backs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set both CMs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set the CAM to have a free role.  Tell the two wide players to Stay Wide and Get Behind.  Have a big striker and set him to Stay Central and Target Man.  

Thank me later. 

Thank you my good friend.

been on other games, came back to Fifa today only just at April In the Journey but the cut scenes...

SHUTUP GRANDAD FOR GODS SAKE SHUTUP

moody old git stop coming round. If I was Alex I would get a restraining order. It wasn't for Jim there'd be page 3 girls round every night but noooo. 

This stupid game scheduled 2 matches during the international break in my career mode. I was fielding an XI of full reserves and youth players. I barely and I mean barely was even able to fill out my bench. If I was able to loan out or sell 2 more players in the January transfer window, I wouldn't even have had enough players to fill my bench. What would have happened? Seriously what would I have done? The players on international duty can't be on the bench or else the game won't let you play. I had 4 keepers in my 18. Then what was worse, I had the 2 matches in 3 days, so of course the XI I played in the first match was pretty much unusable in the 2nd match. I was 6 points behind Nottingham for 1st with 3 games in hand so I needed to win. It's a joke. 

On 10/8/2016 at 19:10, PieFacE said:

Play 4-3-3 attacking.  Set full backs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set both CMs to stay back whilst attacking.  Set the CAM to have a free role.  Tell the two wide players to Stay Wide and Get Behind.  Have a big striker and set him to Stay Central and Target Man.  

Thank me later. 

Just gonna nab your attention again mate, this has been incredible for me. Completely changed games, won my past 6 or so and ones I haven't have still been enjoyable and more fun than before where I was getting pummeled all over the field. 

Cheers dude!

Edited by Warnock
  • Like 1

Found my first career mode bugs. I have finished 2 seasons now, one as Villa and another as Wycombe.

The Wycombe one is screwed. I finished top of the 2nd div but somehow the finances are showing a 45 million loss on travel expences. I'm assuming that my financial targets for my season in div1 are related to this as I have been asked to generate a 45 million profit in the summer transfer window. My entire team isn't worth even 4 million. It has also given a critical status to the financial targets and I'm really not motivated to play a season only to get fired for not achieving the impossible.

Nothing game breaking but it is stopping me from doing my fav thing

On 15/10/2016 at 16:34, Warnock said:

Just gonna nab your attention again mate, this has been incredible for me. Completely changed games, won my past 6 or so and ones I haven't have still been enjoyable and more fun than before where I was getting pummeled all over the field. 

Cheers dude!

Ha yeah it works really well.  I play as Osmanlıspor as I love using Diabate as my target man.  He's shite but wins a lot in the air.  

I just score goals like this all the time.  Nothing special but very satisfying cos it's quite difficult to score from crosses 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/22461410

Edited by PieFacE

new update should be out today adding a few fixes & graphical additions including new premier league overlays

image.img.gif

Addressed the following in gameplay:

• A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
  • A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
  • Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
  • An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
  • Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
  • Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
  • Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
  • Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
  • An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
  • Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
  • General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
  • Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
  • Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
  • Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.

In Pro Clubs, we:

• Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
  • Addressed an issue where a player's customised facial features did not display properly in game.

In Ultimate Team:

• FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
  • Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
  • Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics

In Career mode, we:

• Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.

Visual changes include:

• Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
  • Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
  • The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
  • Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn't the one used in-game.
  • Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
  • Addressed an issue where the fog from a player's breath was detached from their position.
  • General overlay fixes.

*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you're a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven't lost any of your progress.

Thanks to those who've provided constructive feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. Throughout the course of the FIFA 17 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/191937/fifa-17-title-update-1

Found another little annoyance in career manager mode. In my youth squad I have players demanding a contract but when I try and offer them one they ask for a zero year contract length. The lowest I can offer is a year and they reject it as too long, but still ask to keep negotiating.

It does make it tough to hit those youth development targets.

Finished my first season with Villa in Career Mode. I managed to finish 1st in the championship after a pretty damn rocky start (hopefully we do the same in real life). I also somehow beat City in the FA cup final. I set up my team so defensive each match and just countered everyone I played. I made it to the final with 0 goals conceded. So I am back in the prem, and now I have a little dilemma. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH VERETOUT, SANCHEZ, AND GIL?! Veretout and Gil have progressed very well. Both are 79 rated and both would get me at least £15 million so I am very tempted to sell. Ratings aside, I don't like how both essentially abandoned us this season so I am not sure if I want them in my squad. Gil would be a for sure starter over Albrighton, but I don't want to sit Albrighton who was crucial at getting me promoted. Veretout is also a lot better than Arter rating wise. I will probably keep Sanchez because Jedniak's rating has dropped like a brick. McCormack's rating has also dropped to 74 despite having the most goals and assists in the championship. I don't get why his stats would drop despite being the player of the season. 

What would any of you do with our loanees returning?

Â