PieFacE

World class - legendary... fair play.

I find it hard to incorporate the advanced controls and fancy touches. So for me I find that I never have enough time on the ball and get closed down too quickly. Never helps that they don't include the instructions these days but theres the start menu I guess. Cant teach an old dog new tricks, or its hard to anyway. So admittedly im still on Professional mode.

Enjoying journey mode but things like coming on with 20 minutes left and having to get a 8.0 rating, make 10 tackles and make 2 assists as a 6.5 ovr striker is just stupid.

Plus I'm playing every game, started 2 and sub appearances for the rest, 6 games and I've scored 3 goals, 3 assists and my lowest match rating is 6.7 with a high of 8.2 and then you get told in a cut scene that you aren't contributing enough and that your mate is doing better even though he has one goal and no assists. It's stupid. 

Im doing 3x as more than Walker but the game scripts that the manager will go with him instead of you when your club sign that massive name striker.

Like I say, I'm enjoying it but it's deeply deeply dumb and doesn't really adapt to how you are doing. I think you could score a hat trick every appearance but you won't make first team starter until the story script is supposed to let you.

Edited by Ingram85

On 10/1/2016 at 17:44, Straggler said:

(I play world class at the start of a new game the up it to Legendary when I have the hang of the differences). 

I play world class and it pisses me off. Not because I'm losing every game but the AI NEVER give the ball away. Never even tried Legendary because I know it'll piss me off to the point where I'll throw my controller through the screen :D

• Like 1

The AI is ridiculous this fifa with possession. They will tackle you so easily, but it's nearly impossible to take them. 

I had to stop playing the Journey. It was just too frustrating playing for Villa. The players around me are not Villa. Lescott, Bennett, Hutton, Sellars, Green, and Agbonlahor were starting each match with me. Then Hepburn-Murphy would get subbed on for Gabby. How can this game get our XI so wrong? There are numerous players who don't even play for us starting in the Journey. It makes me feel like I am playing for the reserves. Meanwhile Ayew, Kodjia, Grealish, McCormack, Adomah, Gestede, Elphick, Chester, De Laet, Amavi, and Jedniak who are all higher rated players are no where to be seen in the Journey. Makes me think they are using squads from July 1st and not the most recent update.

Jedniak was playing for Villa during my loan in the journey. As you say though, their squad was full of random players/old players and it's just infuriating trying to get anything done as a 65 rated striker. 

yeah disappointing that other modes aside from the journey have the updated squads.

agreed above, I got loaned out to villa.... who have kodjia and ayew but choose Hepburn-murphy every time. it was unbearable. and the ones we ve sold being there still.

arsenal recalled me in January so I didngte too many games at villa

that nob danny Williams though when they brought him on, that tended to help

also, annoying is that mr nice guy Toro and "the French guy" never get written in to play. theyre just like two kinda 'dressing room g1mps'

why do I get the feeling that there'll be a scene where jim hunter dies and alex has to score in memorium or something some of the cut scenes are so cheesy but I am loving this story mode, a football game could have done with this years ago

put it this way, apart from the Chelsea united match it made me play after install, I have NOT even played a non Journey mode game yet.

p-sses me off reading this that two people now are "world class" I need lessons or something. heres me stuck on professional. I must be gametarded at learning the controls

im hving trouble deciding if F1 2016 or FIFA at the mo. gaming time is good and this is pre FM release.

20 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I play world class and it pisses me off. Not because I'm losing every game but the AI NEVER give the ball away. Never even tried Legendary because I know it'll piss me off to the point where I'll throw my controller through the screen :D

I know that feeling so well. My main frustration is when you can feel the scripting working. On 15 I got to the point when I could tell that the cpu was going to score as they crossed the half way line. It's even worse when it slows your players down and makes them weaker to make it more competitive. I play around 30 seasons of career manager mode over several saves per annual release so I'm pretty experienced with it. Playing multiple career modes you even begin to notice that there is a pattern in them (e.g. you will get knocked out of a cup early in season 3 regardless of who you play).

I deal with the scripting in my head by treating it as an off day by the players to save on buying a new t.v. every time

In other news yes I do need to get a life. It works out about 300 hours per year that I put into this game.

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I know that feeling so well. My main frustration is when you can feel the scripting working. On 15 I got to the point when I could tell that the cpu was going to score as they crossed the half way line. It's even worse when it slows your players down and makes them weaker to make it more competitive. I play around 30 seasons of career manager mode over several saves per annual release so I'm pretty experienced with it. Playing multiple career modes you even begin to notice that there is a pattern in them (e.g. you will get knocked out of a cup early in season 3 regardless of who you play).

I deal with the scripting in my head by treating it as an off day by the players to save on buying a new t.v. every time

In other news yes I do need to get a life. It works out about 300 hours per year that I put into this game.

I am really feeling this in career mode. The ridiculous goals the AI pulls off randomly to make me lose or tie is getting boring. I was holding newcastle to 1-0 when they got the ball, out paced De laet down the line and crossed it. I noticed on the replay that my centerback stopped in the middle of the field for a second which allowed Diame to be unmarked in the box. I did not once switch over to the defender, so no idea why he was just stopped, then started running again. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am really feeling this in career mode. The ridiculous goals the AI pulls off randomly to make me lose or tie is getting boring. I was holding newcastle to 1-0 when they got the ball, out paced De laet down the line and crossed it. I noticed on the replay that my centerback stopped in the middle of the field for a second which allowed Diame to be unmarked in the box. I did not once switch over to the defender, so no idea why he was just stopped, then started running again. 

There are 2 main reasons for a defender stopping when they should otherwise be defending.

1 - As you surmised it is scripting to allow the striker to get free and score an uncontested goal

2 - You are using Micah Richards and EA have done an amazingly good job of putting realism in the game. 

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

There are 2 main reasons for a defender stopping when they should otherwise be defending.

1 - As you surmised it is scripting to allow the striker to get free and score an uncontested goal

2 - You are using Micah Richards and EA have done an amazingly good job of putting realism in the game. 

Haha no it's not the 2nd one. It's frustrating. Even my girlfriend who just plays on her ipad while I play was able to notice some sketchy behavior.

On a lighter note, career mode is a bit more fun in the championship. We have so much to spend on top of the players we already bought. I signed Albrighton, Darida, Suchy, Arter, and Vaclik since I believed we needed more depth there. I managed to sell Richards for 8 million, Kozak for 3, Gestede for 5, and Westwood for 6. Pretty happy with that, but it was kind of silly that I was able to sign Marc and Darida to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Haha no it's not the 2nd one. It's frustrating. Even my girlfriend who just plays on her ipad while I play was able to notice some sketchy behavior.

On a lighter note, career mode is a bit more fun in the championship. We have so much to spend on top of the players we already bought. I signed Albrighton, Darida, Suchy, Arter, and Vaclik since I believed we needed more depth there. I managed to sell Richards for 8 million, Kozak for 3, Gestede for 5, and Westwood for 6. Pretty happy with that, but it was kind of silly that I was able to sign Marc and Darida to be honest. 

I'm such a geek about this, but I refuse to buy any players except in emergencies.  I buy the very best scouts I can and rely entirely on bringing through youth players.  I spend all my training on the youth and I never miss a session to improve them.  I will also sell all the players I don't like in real life (you may have guessed Richards is one of them) and the first thing I did was release Gabby.  That said I also turn on the "no transfers in the first window" so the first half of the season mimics real life (apart from the releasing of Gabby).  In Fifa 17 I'm just approaching my first January transfer window and already have 2 youth in the first team squad with overall scores in the mid sixties, which is good enough for the Championship.

I may change that at some point though as the new Villa MO is to buy buy buy so I may have to deal with bringing a few in

I can totally understand playing that way too. It did feel kind of wrong buying more players, but that is what I would have done if I were in charge. I likely would have bought someone like Kodjia and McCormack because I do not trust Gestede and I believe we need striker depth. BUT I also know that our midfield is weak (especially in fifa with Tshibola's terrible rating) and we needed more for that spot. The only signing I wouldn't have made was probably Gollini. I would have gone for vaclik straight from the start.

On 10/3/2016 at 15:21, Ingram85 said:

Enjoying journey mode but things like coming on with 20 minutes left and having to get a 8.0 rating, make 10 tackles and make 2 assists as a 6.5 ovr striker is just stupid.

Plus I'm playing every game, started 2 and sub appearances for the rest, 6 games and I've scored 3 goals, 3 assists and my lowest match rating is 6.7 with a high of 8.2 and then you get told in a cut scene that you aren't contributing enough and that your mate is doing better even though he has one goal and no assists. It's stupid. 

Im doing 3x as more than Walker but the game scripts that the manager will go with him instead of you when your club sign that massive name striker.

Like I say, I'm enjoying it but it's deeply deeply dumb and doesn't really adapt to how you are doing. I think you could score a hat trick every appearance but you won't make first team starter until the story script is supposed to let you.

I was wondering how that would work.. 

I only played the demo of Journey but I was wondering how it would handle matches where you score 3+ goals.. I remember in the demo the scenario was to come on with 20 minutes to go against Chelsea and score the winner. I finished that match 7-1 scoring 5 of the goals and assisting Rooney with 1.. I would have loved to have seen the cut scene after the match, though it would have likely been as you described a rather confusing dismissal in favour of Walker.

That is a shame that it doesn't adapt though. It seems the only meaningful ways to twist things a little bit is in dialogue options which works for Mass Effect, but not so much in a game where everything you do should change things. Maybe they'll do it better next year. 

Â