PieFacE

Is the whole Journey mode encompassed in one single season? I ask because say I am Hunter and agree to a loan to Villa. At Villa I help get them promoted to the premier league. Shouldn't I then be allowed to request a move to Villa? 

there are apparently plans to expand the journey mode at some point, Whether it will be in this years game, or paid DLC or simply bigger in next years remains to be seen. It's actually quite good although very similar to the standard be a pro mode and some of the unskippable cut scenes are rather long and generally quite cheesy. Have to wonder why they have taken this long to do it as other sports titles (nba/nhl) have had similar story modes in for some time now.

I opted to sign for palace and benteke with his weirdly shaped head was immediately injured in the pre-season tour and due to be out for most of the season, Despite this he was doing a john terry FKW in the first game and was stood their in the changing room in all his glory dressed and ready to go :/ Guessing the story is the same for everyone but despite being rated higher in every match, hitting all bonus targets, scoring & assisting in every game coming on as a sub my bellend of a best mate starts every game despite doing sod all and i am on the bench. Even tried a couple of games on the stupid easy setting to see if would make a difference and despite personally scoring 24 goals in 3 sub appearances i still couldn't get ahead of my mate who got two 6 ratings & a 7 in the same 3 matches.

If you can bear the drawn out cut scenes again it is worth playing through a second time  to see a different club and pick some different answers to the questions. I always picked the ones i would be most likely to say but interesting to see far more fan growth on twitter when you just pick the feiry comments even if it just makes everyone around think you are an arse. Perhaps more could be made of this at some point

Edited by LakotaDakota

I have to say I'm loving The Journey, it's different, not quite an rpg but a welcome addition. Not sure yet if it's going to be a fad. 

Its a shame were not in the Prem. I picked arsenal as fav club, was a toss up between them and Spurs. I thought it'd be like be a pro mode where you pick, and that's who you're with. So when it came to the offer screen they said bear in mind you'll get more game time elsewhere. So I picked West Ham, 2 prem matches in, I've upped the difficulty and west game just signed Harry Kane w t f. 

Still though, for 40 ish quid I'll get a years play. Good value. 

For anyone who hasn't bought it yet it's £38 in morrisons. 

Still though I'm giving it a 9 out of ten well worth the money even if The Journey wears off as a novelty. 

Edit- it's v premier league focussed in some way. Hence picking arsenal and west game for Alex hunter. Naturally my profile is pure villa, for the record. 

Edited by Midfielder

The Journey is very addictive, I must have played three hours last night after work and it just flew by.

Such a shame we're not in the PL this season. I picked Everton as my team.

Spoiler

Though I got to the part where you're sent out on loan and chose Villa, of course. I did grimace at the fact that the changing room in the cutscenes look like something you'd find in a League 2 outfit. Just because we're in the Championship doesn't mean our facilities are shit!

Scored a hat-trick on my Villa debut though. It was quite a novelty to see us be so lethal in front of goal. Shame there'll be no option to stick with your Championship loan team and help them get promoted then play with them next season in the PL, but never mind.

14 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I have to say I'm loving The Journey, it's different, not quite an rpg but a welcome addition. Not sure yet if it's going to be a fad. 

Its a shame were not in the Prem. I picked arsenal as fav club, was a toss up between them and Spurs. I thought it'd be like be a pro mode where you pick, and that's who you're with. So when it came to the offer screen they said bear in mind you'll get more game time elsewhere. So I picked West Ham, 2 prem matches in, I've upped the difficulty and west game just signed Harry Kane w t f. 

Still though, for 40 ish quid I'll get a years play. Good value. 

For anyone who hasn't bought it yet it's £38 in morrisons. 

Still though I'm giving it a 9 out of ten well worth the money even if The Journey wears off as a novelty. 

Edit- it's v premier league focussed in some way. Hence picking arsenal and west game for Alex hunter. Naturally my profile is pure villa, for the record. 

Don't worry you can go on loan to Villa early in the game apparently.

52 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Don't worry you can go on loan to Villa early in the game apparently.

Ginko & Wainy, 

Yeah i played for ages and it flew by too. i didnt even play any of the old-modes just the Journey. I thought... i;ll just click through a bit, see what it is like. Ended up same as you, about three hours in! 

I dont see the "answer" responses making much effect on the outcomes though that seems a bit overhyped. 

I picked West Ham and seemed to fly through the training sessions and onto subs bench to starting very early on, albeit on Amateur difficulty, which I upped to semi pro after. I need to learn more before getting to professional difficulty. So the West Ham one, i didnt see any option to get loaned out so might start a new one, say at Arsenal and see if the loan option comes up. I clicked on Ginko's hidden text and am disappointed then.... So, in last year's FIFA, Villa Park was drawn in, not photo realistic but they did a good job as far as games go. So they've scrapped that and replaced our stadium with a stock lower league one then? That's disappointing, if last year they'd bother to recreate the stadium. 

Since Harry Kane and some others are written in and recognised as "cast" members i get the feeling if i sign for Arsenal, they'll prob sign Kane too! might be wrong. still though its very very good. I read about the PES version and am tempted by that too. Havent bought a PES since about 2002 though it has been that long ago. 

Yea Kane signs for almost everyone in the Journey, but apparently Arsenal get Di Maria instead of Kane so there is a little bit of realism there. With that being said though, Kane will sign for pretty much every club including Sunderland, Swansea, etc. I chose Leicester and I am enjoying it. I haven't seen Albrighton play at all yet though. He hasn't been in any squad for preseason. I wanted to play with Marc!

@Midfielder I think Villa Park is still recreated faithfully, though don't quote me on that. I just meant the changing rooms in the cutscenes which they clearly did to try and exaggerate the difference between Championship and Premier League facilities. I assume if you signed for Newcastle or Norwich on loan they'd be the same changing rooms, as would be the PL changing rooms and facilities for every PL team regardless of who you signed for.

53 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Midfielder I think Villa Park is still recreated faithfully, though don't quote me on that. I just meant the changing rooms in the cutscenes which they clearly did to try and exaggerate the difference between Championship and Premier League facilities. I assume if you signed for Newcastle or Norwich on loan they'd be the same changing rooms, as would be the PL changing rooms and facilities for every PL team regardless of who you signed for.

Hi Ginko. I started a new one. Picked Alex's favourite team as Arsenal. Getting by on semi pro mode. May up it, but I really struggle on professional. I see what you mean about the changing room scenes etc. But whoa whoa whoa hang on a minute. Making my villa debut away at Fulham and the starting line up is

Steer

bennett lescott baker hutton

sellars Gardner jedinak adama

hepburn-Murphy agbonlahor

hang on a minute. So they've put Jedinak in but why why why do we still have Lescott. Surely it would have made sense to cut the final game to disk after the window closed. When I put the disk in it did do some 600 meg install but how have they left us with lescott etc. I'm not asking you personally wow just disappointed. Still though, loving the game. I thought they'd have been 100 per cent up to date though! I understand the scale of distributing millions of copies for a late sept release so hopefully they update this via a patch. I mean it's only a game but I was so glad to be rid of lescott and here he is back at villa .... 

Sort it EA!!!! Where are our signings!?

Edited by Midfielder

I should think they'll do an update soon which deals with transfers. I can't think why The Journey wouldn't be affected by the update since barring the made up characters for the story, Kane, Di Maria and Reus every other player isn't necessary to the story and should be interchangeable. Then again, perhaps since it has a story and different branches to go down it might be less flexible for some reason. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks or so.

Last game I played had a similar line up to yours which made me laugh. In fact I had a back five of Bunn, Hutton, Lescott, Richards and Bennett which made me feel a bit queasy. Had to play up front with Hepburn-Murphy earlier which was painful as he's dog shit and couldn't hold onto the ball for lover nor money. I'm firing us up the league though lads. If only the real Aston Villa were allowed to bring in players on loan from Premier League clubs... <_<

Edited by Ginko

Best FIFA since 13. I don't like the unrealistic transfers though. I signed Ramsey for Villa in the championship because I payed him 220,000 a week and Alaba goes to Juve in every career mode. I love Ultimate Team and The Journey

Just started journey mode, how do I improve Alex if I'm controlling the whole team? Is it not a BAP style mode?

Edit: Nvmd, I got to the bit I needed to.

Edited by Ingram85

I'm just doing my old fashioned career as a manager for Villa and enjoying it so far.  My first goal was an absolute blockbuster from Tish from 25 yards out and I was immediately it was going to be too easy (I play world class at the start of a new game the up it to Legendary when I have the hang of the differences).  It certainly seems that shooting from the edge of the box is much more viable now as are crosses (Gestede is actually rather good for me), but it is not the press shoot to score I was worried about when Tish smashed it in, i just lucked out by getting my first shot from range just right.  I know I will play it to death like I have every other iteration, so I will find all the bugs and begin to recognise the scripting when it happens, but for now, I'm enjoying learning it.  Certainly enjoying it more than watching the realy Villa play.  FWIW, I have gone for a flat 442 formation, but I will mix in a 4411 if I am struggling in midfield.

Â