PieFacE

I am really curious about our player ratings now that Villa have dropped to the championship, and have definitely not shown the form which befits their ratings. For FIFA 16, Richards..78, Guzan ..78, Gabby..73, Bunn..71, and so on. Would these ratings take a hit, and, how much?

Definitely gonna see our players take a hit in ratings. I don't think anyone will have their rating increase, but players like Ayew, Gana, and maybe Amavi might keep their ratings. Everyone else will go down a couple. 

On 12/06/2016 at 20:05, villarule123 said:

This had better not be the big 'improvement' this year. We all know how shit single player plays. 

I quite like the look of this as the start of an entirely new game.  Just sack FIFA off and pump all investment into a game whereby you're a budding footballer.  Merge it with a sort of GTA style gameplay and make it all about life choices whilst growing as a footballer.  You could take the "Jack Grealish" route and get smashed with your mates on holiday but risk media exposure.  You could do the "Nile Ranger" thing and be a wannabe gangsta but risk getting shanked by a rival gang.  Or you could do the "James Milner" thing and do everything correctly in order to have a successful career.

Winner of a game.  Well done EA.

• Like 4

Seen that you can customise your set pieces a bit more in the next one. Move the player around to affect the curve and spin of the ball etc, will either be pretty good or absolutely terrible.

Edited by Nath182

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2016 at 13:01, bobzy said:

I quite like the look of this as the start of an entirely new game.  Just sack FIFA off and pump all investment into a game whereby you're a budding footballer.  Merge it with a sort of GTA style gameplay and make it all about life choices whilst growing as a footballer.  You could take the "Jack Grealish" route and get smashed with your mates on holiday but risk media exposure.  You could do the "Nile Ranger" thing and be a wannabe gangsta but risk getting shanked by a rival gang.  Or you could do the "James Milner" thing and do everything correctly in order to have a successful career.

Winner of a game.  Well done EA.

That trailer is embarrassing. Supposed to be a football game FFS ! 

• 3 weeks later...

The rating are **** on the beta. Started up a career mode and Aguero is rated 61 and could get him for £1.8m. Villa still have loads of old players. Beta was the same last year though and played very different to the demo and full game.

It's hard to explain, but with the new engine it for sure feels different. I've scored a few different types of goals than i would have in 16. Had a few own goals scored by the CPU while flashing a ball across goal. Keepers also seem to be stronger this time, can't just near post it every time for a goal.

I also echo what @Villaphan04 says about the set pieces. I don't like them and they feel like they wanted to try something different and have got it wrong. Maybe i'm not used to them yet, but i does feel like a step back. it's just a beta so the full game will for sure feel different.

It looks incredible IMO. There are so many new features to make sure it doesn't get boring, and they've made it less biased to people who pay more to play with better players (the squad building rewards are a great example) and to big clubs with ratings.

They've totally revamped game play to make it look more slick. And career mode (which has been one of my personal favourites for years) has been changed massively to make it more realistic.

It does seem like they added in a lot more to keep the game fresh. Career mode seems a little bit more revamped, but still has a ways to go. Ultimate team now has daily tournaments with limited number of attempts. This is big for me since playing seasons gets boring, and winning the gold cup is not worth it after winning once since you'd only get 2000 coins. Hopefully now the prizes get a bit better. 

• Like 1

Â