PieFacE

On 6/12/2016 at 23:52, Stevo985 said:

It's "Be a Pro" but with cutscenes.

Might have been good if they hadn't genuinely ruined Be A Pro over the past few iterations. 

So given you have to be Alex Hunter, and you can only play at a Premier League club, it's actually considerably worse than Be A Pro :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Seems like a decent concept, but it's ruined because you have to be Alex Hunter. You can't customize your own person. I have to be some english kid. 

Seems like a dumb idea and that they should spend more time improving the shitty gameplay rather than coming up with crap like this.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems like a dumb idea and that they should spend more time improving the shitty gameplay rather than coming up with crap like this.

You could put this in every FIFA thread since about 2008

• Like 1

Yea you are forced to be Alex hunter a young black English teen playing in the premier league. Now if you are a black englishman with the name Alex Hunter who supports a club in the premier league, this is fantastic news for you because you can live out your dreams of becoming a professional footballer.

BUT if you support a club outside of the premier league, or are not black, this story mode will have no relatability to yourself at all. I don't understand why we can't at least change the name, nationality, and skin tone. You can do that with create your own pro, and fifa just asks you to substitute another name for commentary or just use no name. 

I have no real want to take some random kid to stardom at a random premier league club that I don't care for at all. 

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Yea you are forced to be Alex hunter a young black English teen playing in the premier league. Now if you are a black englishman with the name Alex Hunter who supports a club in the premier league, this is fantastic news for you because you can live out your dreams of becoming a professional footballer.

BUT if you support a club outside of the premier league, or are not black, this story mode will have no relatability to yourself at all. I don't understand why we can't at least change the name, nationality, and skin tone. You can do that with create your own pro, and fifa just asks you to substitute another name for commentary or just use no name. 

I have no real want to take some random kid to stardom at a random premier league club that I don't care for at all. 

What about any other game with a "story mode" ? Do you only play games where you can create your own character?

as WWE games were doing 10 years ago its not actually that hard to have a fully editable character work in a story mode

the premier league only stuff im assuming is because its going to heavily involve the managers that they've implemented this year

for me its still not the changes id have wanted to improve the game, i think they can implement some of the training stuff from madden, make it so that developing your team actually involves training them, improve the scouting system, throw in some actual football gameplay stuff dont throw in bullshit about being a kid who gets his head turned by an agent offering him more money because the reality is even if that 3 minute segment is really cool and interesting when the game kicks in it wont make any difference

they've lazily offered another mode rather than improving the key features of the exisitng career mode

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

It sounds like a bit of a rip off of the NBA2K16 story mode, which had a similar problem because even though I could make myself a 7 foot white guy, my family was black and I spoke like a black person, so the game clearly wanted me to be a 6'4 black guard. It became less of an issue once you made the NBA and the story mode counted for less, but it was pointless and silly at the start.

As @villa4europe said, WWE have been doing this properly for years. It's not hard.

16 hours ago, samjp26 said:

What about any other game with a "story mode" ? Do you only play games where you can create your own character?

No not at all. It's just different with fifa because I know all the aspects of the game already and these are real life characters. If I play skyrim, I am not complaining saying I can only be an elf because that is what I am. All the characters in those games are not real and the world is not real. Whereas in fifa, you are creating a human player, and playing for a club you don't follow or support. What fifa has going for it is you can feel like you're a professional footballer in this virtual world. I don't want to turn some random kid I don't relate to at all into a pro at a club I don't care about. 

• Like 1

All issues with The Journey mode aside which I won't be playing more than likely, I will get this game. New engine and "improvements" whatever they really mean by that as all they used at E3 was marketing buzzwords, but I'll buy it regardless. 

On 6/12/2016 at 23:52, Stevo985 said:

It's "Be a Pro" but with cutscenes.

Might have been good if they hadn't genuinely ruined Be A Pro over the past few iterations. 

I can't get going. I've no real interest in playing as a 60 rated player on loan at Lincoln. They should start you better off.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I can't get going. I've no real interest in playing as a 60 rated player on loan at Lincoln. They should start you better off.

It was fine when it worked that if you played you got points, if you played well you got more points, and you could allocate those to your stats as you pleased.

But then they changed it to you had to achieve certain goals to get specific attributes, and it was bollocks. Meant you spent games trying to do 10 lofted through balls in one game to get slightly better at passing, and you weren't actually playing the game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the Japan J1 league is apparently going to be included

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/fifa-17-j1-league-announce?utm_campaign=fifa17_hd_ww_ic_ic_fb_j1-league-announce-fb-062316&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&cid=8399&ts=1466737301498&sf47084470=1

We are proud to announce that Japan's top flight football league, the MEIJI YASUDA J1 League and J.League Cup tournament will feature in FIFA 17 when the game launches this September.

As one of the most popular leagues in Asia, the J1 League has a global fanbase and is one of the most requested leagues from the EA SPORTS™ FIFA community. All 18 clubs that make up the J1 League will feature authentic logos, kits, and rosters. Content from these clubs will be in our popular FIFA Ultimate Team™ (FUT) and other modes across FIFA 17.

The clubs of the J1 League:

• Vegalta Sendai
  • Kashima Antlers
  • Urawa Reds
  • Omiya Ardija
  • Kashiwa Reysol
  • FC Tokyo
  • Kawasaki Frontale
  • Yokohama F. Marinos
  • Shonan Bellmare
  • Ventforet Kofu
  • Albirex Niigata
  • Júbilo Iwata
  • Nagoya Grampus
  • Gamba Osaka
  • Vissel Kobe
  • Sanfrecce Hiroshima
  • Avispa Fukuoka 
  • Sagan Tosu

In addition to all 18 clubs, Suita City Football Stadium, the new home of Gamba Osaka will be one of the new stadiums available in FIFA 17.

We’ll have more news on other leagues & teams, and stadiums for FIFA 17 closer to launch.

Hulk's gone to China, not Japan.

Been playing this for the past couple of days and I forgot how shit it was. It's just not enjoyable. It's the clunkiest, most unresponsive game they've ever made. The passing is diabolical.

edit: Just realised that this is the FIFA 17 thread. I was referring to FIFA 16. i haven't been granted early access or anything. :lol:

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2

Â