PieFacE

On 11/01/2017 at 17:34, Czechlad said:

I still play, but not that often. The weekend league has kept me interested and allowed me to make a decent amount of coins. I try to play the weekend league twice a month, but it's tough. The amount of matches you have to play to get good rewards is insane. My best result was 31 wins with 8 losses. 40 matches in one weekend is just so tiresome. Now I typically try to get 15-20 wins in a weekend and stop. My girlfriend hates me playing fifa because of the weekend league. I tend to shout when my Messi and Griezmann miss easy sitters, but my opponent's Musa goes the other way and scores nearly every shot he takes. 

My team:

d255a0325b35dfaf50522b4dd14d1274.png

Do you not get bored playing with super players? 

I can't stand it myself, takes a lot of the skill away imo.

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

That team is insane, how did you manage to get some of these players?

I have around 70k coins now from trading but every pack I get just gives 78-80 rated players that are worth 1k or so.

I play the weekend league and pretty consistently get 50k from doing well in that. I've also had decent pack luck. I've packed Movember Barzagli, Lahm, Reus, OTW Kante, MOTM Defour, and a few others that got me coins.

I really advise buying well round players for this fifa. As you can see my midfielders are all basically 75+ stats in every stat. This really helps. Parolo, Castro, Gabi, Henderson, etc are all good examples of cheap players who play better than their price suggests.

My current team, although I change it almost weekly:

27a790e4afde2f9b32c0e41b3ffc298c.png

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Do you not get bored playing with super players? 

I can't stand it myself, takes a lot of the skill away imo.

This fifa is a bit different because the WL at least provides pretty consistent entertainment. I also did not rush FUT seasons like I did last season. I only just started seasons so I am enjoying going through divisions trying to win div 1. I also change up my team basically every week which keeps things fresh. Very few players are mainstays in my team. Only Messi and Rakitic make every squad I make. Messi is a god. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I play the weekend league and pretty consistently get 50k from doing well in that. I've also had decent pack luck. I've packed Movember Barzagli, Lahm, Reus, OTW Kante, MOTM Defour, and a few others that got me coins.

I really advise buying well round players for this fifa. As you can see my midfielders are all basically 75+ stats in every stat. This really helps. Parolo, Castro, Gabi, Henderson, etc are all good examples of cheap players who play better than their price suggests.

I'll give the weekend league a go next week when I can qualify again, haven't really used that feature this year.

I've got a good team based on the Bundesliga it's just managing to get hold of the elite players that i'm struggling with. Last year the prices of players seemed to be a lot lower, although it's much more competitive this year when not everyone has a team of the best players.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 16.58.43.jpg

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I'll give the weekend league a go next week when I can qualify again, haven't really used that feature this year.

I've got a good team based on the Bundesliga it's just managing to get hold of the elite players that i'm struggling with. Last year the prices of players seemed to be a lot lower, although it's much more competitive this year when not everyone has a team of the best players.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 16.58.43.jpg

You got an okay looking team but Gotze-Muller seems like a disaster. Neither should be playing CM. IF Hector for LB is also a great purchase. He has scored some long rang bombs for me. Leno is goal is also an upgrade over Sommer. 

The best formations in the game are 4-3-1-2, 4-1-2-1-2(2), and the 4-3-2-1. 

21 hours ago, Czechlad said:

27a790e4afde2f9b32c0e41b3ffc298c.png

Don't like the look of those four bronzes on your subs bench.  Brings your overall rating down so you don't get put against other super teams, doesn't it?

You seem to have a lot of pack luck every year.  Definitely not entering the code to get a 5% discount? ;)

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Don't like the look of those four bronzes on your subs bench.  Brings your overall rating down so you don't get put against other super teams, doesn't it?

You seem to have a lot of pack luck every year.  Definitely not entering the code to get a 5% discount? ;)

Definitely not buying coins. Because of the WL and SBCs, I open a lot of packs. 

I also bronze bench because someone found code in the game that stated the higher team rating, your opponent's players get a boost in stats. I have no idea if it is true, but better safe than sorry. I am only allowed 3 subs anyway. 

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Definitely not buying coins. Because of the WL and SBCs, I open a lot of packs. 

I also bronze bench because someone found code in the game that stated the higher team rating, your opponent's players get a boost in stats. I have no idea if it is true, but better safe than sorry. I am only allowed 3 subs anyway. 

Fair enough.  I know you're a good player so it's likely you're winning a lot of packs.

I read about the scripting on higher rated teams.  It's always denied, but it seems very likely to me.

There is definitely some type of "scripting" in the game. I am hesitant to call it scripting because I'd just say it's mostly bugs. I see gifs of people shooting and the keeper parrying the ball straight to an open attacker a lot. Problem is a lot of the times the ball moves in a manner that goes against real life physics which makes people think the game is actively trying to make them lose. I am not sure if EA really does some type of stuff like that or if it is just bugs. Wouldn't surprise me that if you had a high rated team or winning by a decent margin, if the game would try to give the other person some type of "luck" to get back into the match.

I do also notice that for 5 games my strikers are scoring 4 out of every 5 shots, then suddenly one game they completely are awful. Simple finishes turn to posts, or terrible misses. Passing suddenly drops off massively. Even my girlfriend is able to notice it happening.

It used to get me mad, but now I don't care. I used to be considered a "top" fifa player when I was ranked top 100, so the random bugs would get me so mad when I'd lose, but now I just don't care. Sometimes I do get angry, but it's mostly because I just wasted 20 minutes only to lose to a Kante left footed banger that my keeper should've easily saved. 

• 1 month later...

So... Be a Pro drop in matches are fun. Out of about 10 games yesterday 4 of them had people who were goalkeepers who insisted on taking on the entire team trying to score. Lost 5-0 because he lost the ball and there was an open net to aim at. Tool.

Also most of the people don't pass the ball either. I had 2 decent games where everyone played as a team and keep the formation, we won 3-1 and 4-0.

Anyone play in a BAP league that I can join?

Just been playing drop in matches on Be A Pro. Finally scored my first goal, a freekick of all things. Got 2 assists so far. 14 games in total. Had 1 shocking game which has dropped my average rating down to 6.5 (terrible match, got frustrated with everyone (my team and the opp) so just started chasing people down and slide tackling - missing a lot)

Had a wicked game where my team actually passed the ball and didn't request passed from the CPU when they were marked by 3 men and halfway across the pitch. Amazing what can happen when you play football the proper way.

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I avoid playing be a pro. 99% of the time, your teammates are selfish pricks who will literally try to dribble the whole team no matter where they get the ball.

You can guarantee that if they're playing a goalkeeper they will do this. To be fair some of them have mad dribbling skills, but still end up losing the ball and conceding from halfway

• 2 months later...

Surprised nobody has posted in here since March. 

Been playing Ultimate Team since Feb and managed to build a decent side. It can be infuriating with what seems like scripting and ridiculous AI, but all part the fun when not throwing controllers across the room.

I packed a TOTS Kante who I sold for for 720k so that's given me a great boost. Wish I'd kept him longer as he's going for around 900k now! 

My team -

k4glrq.png

Edited by villan-scott

• 1 month later...
Â