PieFacE

Czechlad, I got rid of the lot of them. Mostly because I can hold a grudge but partly because I wanted to sign Renato Sanches. I'm bringing through a bunch of youth players but they need supplementing with a better player and for me Sanches is the man. He has been amazing for me. 

I also got Rashford to go upfront as I accepted 25 million for Ayew and had to replace him. Rashford cost me 12 million . Everything else I'm doing by bringing in youth which is working everywhere other than defence. Got quality wingers for days.

Haha it seems we did very similar things. Some club (can't remember right now) offered me 15 million for Ayew, I said piss off give me 30, and they said ok. Was kind of sad to lose Ayew, but then I asked United how much for 78 rated Rashford and they said 15 so I said 12 and got him. Southampton also accepted my counter offer of 35 million for Wimmer which I was really sad about but luckily contract negotiations failed. Wimmer is too good. I managed to sign Tah and Rashford so far. I want/need a DM now and I am set.

I decided to just sell Veretout, and I got 15 for him. I am keeping Gil since he scored a screamer for me and Sanchez seems to be a more mobile Jedniak. I keep getting bids for Gollini and Amavi. No way am I selling. Gollini is basically a god only 1 season in. 

probably just me, but i was reading this article on the BBC website, its linked from the main BBC football page. Any FIFA fans i urge you to watch this, not necessarily all the way through but 15 seconds in, the Zlatan clip... is hilarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/00846125-882c-4c5f-b899-d211fe4476a9?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=fifaglitches&intc_linkname=bbcthree_ent_article1

text from BBC site:

"FIFA 2017 was released a few weeks ago and, like every new edition, it came with a few entertaining glitches. Some (ok, a lot) of them involved players getting surprisingly intimate.

Take Man Utd hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Swedish striker has netted hundreds of goals throughout his career but you can bet none of his celebrations ended in him sniffing the bottom of Seattle Sounders’ keeper Stefan Frei"

• Like 1

FUT Champions had a bit of potential to allow those that don't play all day and throw money at the game a bit of a reward. But the lag in those games makes it impossible to play. Think I played less than a dozen games this weekend before packing it in. It was the only thing worth playing this year as well. Got it for free and I still feel disappointed with the game.

• Like 1

I haven't tried FUT Champions yet. I've heard you have to play 40 matches in one weekend? is that true? I can't imagine how that is even possible. Assuming each match takes 20 minutes, that is over 13 hours of fifa over 2 days. 

So, in career manager mode, will I get sacked if I don't play my youth 30% of games while trying to qualify for a Champions cup spot and winning the Euro cup?

Another gripe. Come October, players want to be a**holes. Aly Cissoko comes to me complaining that he is missing home, that he is pining away for the croissants and silk underwear of gay Paree,, or some s**t like that. In December, he hates England so much, he insists on a transfer. So, he goes to Leeds! I am not a geography expert, but Leeds is as French as Bin Laden's butthole. Another thing. A player with 3 years left on his contract comes to me asking for a pay rise. Since the team is doing well and I am such a wonderful guy, I oblige, and chip in a bit extra than what he asks for. Then he says, " About that new contract...I am just going to play out my current contract and move on". Then, a couple of months later, they insist on leaving. Does this happen in real life? Every 4 months? Is Villa the most troubled team on the planet, that every b**tard wants to take turns pulling this s**t? I sometimes wish it was real, so I could just clock them in their smarmy faces. First of all, you asked me for a new contract. Secondly, you have 3 loooong years left. You want to leave? OK. Go to a fan's meeting. Stand up and tell them everything you hate about Villa. Oh, yes. I have also ensured there are buckets of rocks placed randomly throughout the fans seats. After that, we will see you at training. Before training, we will play a little game called " Run the Gauntlet". You will pull your pants down around your ankles, and hobble down between the 2 files consisting of the first team squad, reserves, youth team, groundkeepers, and admin staff.  They are all armed with vegetables, and nothing soft either, not a lettuce leaf amongst them. The gist is they are going to beat you with their various vegetables, but don't be too surprised if your colon is turned into a salad bar. After you  have been humiliated, I don't want you anymore. I don't want any of my team or myself to be associated with anyone with a zucchini poking out of their butt, its just too embarrassing.

I have no idea why morale is so bad here. Manager of the year.

• Like 4

Cissokho did the same thing to me, and then was sold to Newcastle... I also had a lot of players ask for better contracts when I got us promoted which makes sense. Most of the people asking for better contracts were on small wages anyway. Like Gardner wanted a pay bump despite being a rotation guy, but I gave him one anyway since he only wanted to go to 20k instead of 15k. I also had Baker throw a hissy fit that he wanted more game time and wanted to leave. No one wanted him, but Amavi got injured so I started him for months at left back and he did fantastic, so I guess that worked out. 

I qualified for FUT champions last night. This was one of my first times actually playing FUT, and it seems all the complaints I read on /r/fifa are real. People play like absolute c*nts. In the final I was up against a guy who was wearing a barca kit, parked the bus from kick off, using attribute cards on his Remy and Musa striker pairing, and then proceeded to Dab when he scored. Thankfully I won 2-1, but wow that was probably the least amount of fun I have had playing fifa in a long time. Breaking down park the bus is nearly impossible. I got one really lucky deflection goal, and a header off a corner whereas he was just sprinting down my flanks on counters very effectively. I can see this getting old very quickly. 

15 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I honestly wish the career mode was more realistic like Football Manager. I've been able to sign 'world-class' talents for Villa while in the Championship. Does make the game a little easier though.

Depends what you define as "world class", but typically you can't sign quality players unless you spend a ridiculous amount. I signed Darida and Wimmer who would likely not join us in the championship, but I offered to take Wimmer's wages from 50k to 100k so he came. Darida's wages went up 30k. I bet a lot of players would sign for us in real life if Tony was willing to double their wages. You can't go out and sign the world's best players no matter how much you give them though. Even if I was willing to double Reus' wages, he wouldn't come here. He even was like that when I got Villa to the champs league. 

On 10/31/2016 at 14:53, Czechlad said:

I haven't tried FUT Champions yet. I've heard you have to play 40 matches in one weekend? is that true? I can't imagine how that is even possible. Assuming each match takes 20 minutes, that is over 13 hours of fifa over 2 days. 

You don't have to play 40 games, that's the limit.

You have to play 5 to qualify for any prizes. Then you get a reward based on how many games you win. A coin bonus + pack(s). I think I won 12 out of about 18/20 last weekend and got about 15,000 coins and a couple of packs. But even playing that many games I felt like I was throwing my weekend away, no idea how people play 40.

On 11/1/2016 at 15:28, Czechlad said:

I qualified for FUT champions last night. This was one of my first times actually playing FUT, and it seems all the complaints I read on /r/fifa are real. People play like absolute c*nts. In the final I was up against a guy who was wearing a barca kit, parked the bus from kick off, using attribute cards on his Remy and Musa striker pairing, and then proceeded to Dab when he scored. Thankfully I won 2-1, but wow that was probably the least amount of fun I have had playing fifa in a long time. Breaking down park the bus is nearly impossible. I got one really lucky deflection goal, and a header off a corner whereas he was just sprinting down my flanks on counters very effectively. I can see this getting old very quickly. 

FUT Champions is even worse because people are so desperate for the wins to get better prizes. I think the qualifying tournaments are P2P so they are playable. FUT Champions is on servers and a lot of people are suffering with like input lag. It makes it a nightmare to even score an easy chance on the rare opportunity you get one. Mostly because park the bus + 5 at the back. Apparently people in the Rest of the World region are getting a full second or two of input lag which is pretty absurd!

Wow Fut champions sounds really stressful. I plan on trying it this weekend, but there is no way I am doing 40 matches. I have a free weekend, but I just don't want to do that. I might be able to get half of that. I also have a pretty cheap team that is pretty much only made up of packs I got doing squad building challenges. I don't plan on buying my real team till the black friday stuff. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Depends what you define as "world class", but typically you can't sign quality players unless you spend a ridiculous amount. I signed Darida and Wimmer who would likely not join us in the championship, but I offered to take Wimmer's wages from 50k to 100k so he came. Darida's wages went up 30k. I bet a lot of players would sign for us in real life if Tony was willing to double their wages. You can't go out and sign the world's best players no matter how much you give them though. Even if I was willing to double Reus' wages, he wouldn't come here. He even was like that when I got Villa to the champs league. 

Or, you can go into team edit, and put them in before you start.:P Oh look. Messi AND Ronaldo are playing for Villa. In the championship!

Personally, I wouldn't do that. Even for a game, that is too much of a stretch. I do use it to ship out all the crap first, though.

I like the midfield diamond. CMs who can play DM and AM are very handy, and offer a lot of versatility in your team. Veretout is one. Another good one is Morgan Sanson. Also fullbacks and wingers who can play both sides of the pitch.

Also, its nice to have a picture of Ayew smiling. I am glad there is proof he can.

I did the FUT champions this weekend. I finished 30-10 which got me to Gold 1. I wish I didn't mess around in the early rounds with random teams because I actually was only 1 win away from Elite which would have gotten me a full TOTW pack, 60k, and a 100k pack. 

The tournament itself was fun and terrible. Some matches were so intense and made me love the game, then others I played against massive c*nts who just parked the bus from kick off and long balled it to their Musa with +10 attribute cards. I played numerous players who literally just would score, and then time waste no matter what part of the match was at. 

I can't see myself doing FUT champions each week. It's just too much. I typically don't have a weekend where I can dedicate 15-20 hours to fifa. 

On 11/7/2016 at 16:18, Czechlad said:

I did the FUT champions this weekend. I finished 30-10 which got me to Gold 1. I wish I didn't mess around in the early rounds with random teams because I actually was only 1 win away from Elite which would have gotten me a full TOTW pack, 60k, and a 100k pack. 

The tournament itself was fun and terrible. Some matches were so intense and made me love the game, then others I played against massive c*nts who just parked the bus from kick off and long balled it to their Musa with +10 attribute cards. I played numerous players who literally just would score, and then time waste no matter what part of the match was at. 

I can't see myself doing FUT champions each week. It's just too much. I typically don't have a weekend where I can dedicate 15-20 hours to fifa. 

What kind of team did you use?

Ok I am back to hating fifa. Fut champs is too stressful. It seems everyone has discovered how OP Musa is since almost every team I played had him in it. I played ~20 matches but I started counting how many times my opponent had Musa in the last 8 games I played. 7 out of the 8 opponents had Musa as their striker. I lost every match against him. It's stupid. They'd just park the bus, and counter attack with musa who was so much faster than everyone else. What made it worse was he would only need 1 chance to score. It's amazing how I'd have 20+ shots with my IF Sanchez and Griezman pairing and not score, but my opponent would have 2 shots with Musa and score both. Yes I am mad. It's so unrealistic. 

Musa, Smalling, Baily, Butland, Begovic, and Renato Sanches are glitched this year. Their stats are terrible, but their mix of size and/or position makes them OP as hell. You're guaranteed to face takes that have at least 3-4 of those players every single time in FUT champs. Then you watch as Butland stops 7 breakaways because breakaways are not based on skill, but rather if you have a tall keeper, your keeper is basically guaranteed to stop the ball. Then you have Smalling and Baily who in this game are literally faster and smarter than any player. And finally you have Sanches who literally feels like Ruud Gullet and can bang in long shots like he is Roberto Carlos. 

It wasn't fun so I just stopped. I was sick of my team filled with great players consistently get out performed by players who are shite in real life. Musa should never be able to out muscle Godin/Pepe/Ramos!

Â