Official Website

StanBalaban

3 minutes ago, meme said:

Didn't even realise that the new BETA site has now been officially transferred to the main site. Cool.

They've failed to map old URLs to new though. So lots of 404s from places like Google. **** amateurs.

• Like 2

Just now, limpid said:

They've failed to map old URLs to new though. So lots of 404s from places like Google. **** amateurs.

joker.gif

I've said this before, WHY MAKE ALL THE GOOD STAFF REDUNDANT AND KEEP THE ** PR TEAM WHICH CAN ONLY SPEAK AND WRITE IN RUSSIAN?

On 7 June 2016 at 10:52, choffer said:

Maybe I'm old school (actually, there's no "maybe" about it) but I hate this current trend with websites. It seems like they are all build on the same template and every website looks the same. Why is there no originality and personality shown in web design any more?

Because generally speaking the mass users don't like it. That might appeal to an individual (note I avoided odd ;) ) but that isn't what most users want they want sharp clear design with navigation that is familiure a bit like a supermarket layout.

Original design and personality are sure fire ways to having a high bounce rate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Original design and personality are sure fire ways to having a high bounce rate.

Here, have evidence! Lovely, lovely evidence!

uM6PtxT.png

On my mobile it is an infinitely scrolling pile of disorganised ridiculously-sized text and pictures. It is simply horrid and has almost zero information density.

Do people really expect to just keep scrolling and scrolling forever?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, limpid said:

Page Titles also seem to be the SEF URL path which whilst isn't the end of the world does make it tricky for screen readers/google etcetcetcetc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Page Titles also seem to be the SEF URL path which whilst isn't the end of the world does make it tricky for screen readers/google etcetcetcetc

When I changed the URLs on VT I made sure old and new worked interchangeably; or a least I asked someone else make sure it worked. The same when I turned on SSL. As you know, I don't even do this for a living :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

On my mobile it is an infinitely scrolling pile of disorganised ridiculously-sized text and pictures. It is simply horrid and has almost zero information density.

Look, if you don't like VT then fine, just don't be so cruel about it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

How do you expect to look at anything on your phone without scrolling??

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

How do you expect to look at anything on your phone without scrolling??

Well, I don't. Scrolling is fine when you are scrolling through the content you want to see. But I don't like it when it is a major method of finding content, which seems to be the case here on the home page. Give me a nicely organised menu system, reduce the amount of 'random other stuff' on the page and reduce the amount of whitespace and I am happy.

Having said all that, the menu system at the top is actually better than I had first thought - now I have had another play with it and got a bit more used to it I am a bit less annoyed by it :-)

57 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Well, I don't. Scrolling is fine when you are scrolling through the content you want to see. But I don't like it when it is a major method of finding content, which seems to be the case here on the home page. Give me a nicely organised menu system, reduce the amount of 'random other stuff' on the page and reduce the amount of whitespace and I am happy.

Having said all that, the menu system at the top is actually better than I had first thought - now I have had another play with it and got a bit more used to it I am a bit less annoyed by it :-)

You can click the little arrows on the right of the claret bars on the first page to hide sections. I really hope you didn't think they were just for decoration in your rush to have a moan :detect: 

Screenshot_20160621_140712.png

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Ha! Well spotted

404-error.gif?d=20160525T140940Z

Referee 403 does not authorise 404 to be on the pitch.

I'm sorry, internet geeks, that joke had to be made...

• Like 1

Â