Official Website

StanBalaban

Prefer the look of the AVTV section on the homepage to the main headline view if honest, but definitely an improvement.

One would hope that a fully inclusive YouTube channel will receive some attention, if not all social media channels.

CkSHKCeWYAQbqpW.jpg

CkSHKN8XIAEqOTU.jpg

Edited by StanBalaban

Don't know if this has already been discussed but it would be a great idea for AVTV to show extended highlights next season. For those of us that can't get to VP much it would give us something to go on. 

I'm not sure where we stand on rights deals but seen as its our own games and our own club, surely it would be possible? 

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before or elsewhere, but there's a new beta site ahead of the avfc.co.uk revamp.

http://beta.avfc.co.uk/

Well spotted.

I really, really hope they didn't pay much for that because there is a hell of a long way to go before that is 'useable'.

Also - it hits home how much work is needed doing at the club full stop. After kit supplier and sponsor, we have ONE other club sponsor in the footer.

Edited by Pilchard

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before or elsewhere, but there's a new beta site ahead of the avfc.co.uk revamp.

http://beta.avfc.co.uk/

If I put my phone the other side of the room the text is a nice comfortable size.

Seriously, what is this obsession with getting as much whitespace on a screen as possible? 

Begrudgingly, though, I agree it is an improvement over the old site.

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If I put my phone the other side of the room the text is a nice comfortable size.

Seriously, what is this obsession with getting as much whitespace on a screen as possible? 

Begrudgingly, though, I agree it is an improvement over the old site.

Perhaps someone that know about these things can enlighten me, but would a beta site be pretty much complete from a design perspective and just be used to test for glitches?

Is this how we anticipate it to look when launched, or could we still yet see changes to the design?

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Is this how we anticipate it to look when launched, or could we still yet see changes to the design?

There is no way to know. This could be something mocked up an unknown time in the past.

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

There is no way to know. This could be something mocked up an unknown time in the past.

Righteo. Still think it's a bit clunky but a vast improvement over the old (current) version.

Interestingly, Man City's much heralded site is in line for a revamp too. New one looks pretty slick, but didn't realise the current one was built using Wix. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't like it. Like most websites these days, looks like it was developed with tablets and phones in mind first.

That's not necessarily a bad thing - if their visits are significantly more from tablets and mobiles then why not 'mobile first'?

It's just....that site is a bit jumbled and not really easy to find anything - particularly the mess of the homepage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

That's not necessarily a bad thing - if their visits are significantly more from tablets and mobiles then why not 'mobile first'?

It's just....that site is a bit jumbled and not really easy to find anything - particularly the mess of the homepage.

What can't you find? It's all there in the bar at the top, I'm not having any trouble navigating it.

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't like it. Like most websites these days, looks like it was developed with tablets and phones in mind first.

I feel the same. I actually find the flowing pages and length and width of the pages slightly overwhelming to look at.

Edited by Spoony

Â