Massimiliano Marchesi

meme

10 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Wrong Jew ?? Perhaps you meant Shylock ? (He wouldn't need to look past Gabby for his pound of flesh)

Yeah he was a tight ole so and so too.

Edited by TRO

I bet he's costing us a pretty penny looking at his site and history. Fitness was, shockingly, one of our biggest downfalls last season. There's no excuse for that in the modern game.

Hopefully we can have a proper preseason where the players actually start the season fit and prepared this time. 

On 06/06/2016 at 16:29, Zatman said:

hopefully he is just a fitness coach and not an egomaniac troublemaker like Duverne

There will never be another Robert Duverne. 

Thank God

He was at Parma between 96 and 99. They were super fit. We should aim for Leicester's level of fitness with this Italian sport science expertise. With honourable managers like Guardiola, Conte, Stam and more than likely Frank De Boer joining English teams this year then expect fitness levels to rise.

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He was at Parma between 96 and 99. They were super fit. We should aim for Leicester's level of fitness with this Italian sport science expertise. With honourable managers like Guardiola, Conte, Stam and more than likely Frank De Boer joining English teams this year then expect fitness levels to rise.

and their was allegations about that as well

On 06/06/2016 at 16:29, Zatman said:

hopefully he is just a fitness coach and not an egomaniac troublemaker like Duverne

6 hours ago, KHV said:

There will never be another Robert Duverne. 

Thank God

What are people basing this on other than that falling out he had with Evra at the 2010 WC?

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What are people basing this on other than that falling out he had with Evra at the 2010 WC?

Evra

Dunne

Collins

no coincidence one name connected to it all. 3 professional enough players that I cant remember any other manager having arguments with. he had a massive **** ego and thought he was bigger than what he was

On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 22:45, SirSteveUK said:

Wrong Jew ?? Perhaps you meant Shylock ? (He wouldn't need to look past Gabby for his pound of flesh)

I didnt get the fagin remark. Doesnt matter,  MUST be antisemitic.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Evra

Dunne

Collins

no coincidence one name connected to it all. 3 professional enough players that I cant remember any other manager having arguments with. he had a massive **** ego and thought he was bigger than what he was

Two pissheads and a lying troublemaker.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Evra

Dunne

Collins

Not

sure

if

SERIOUS

• Like 4

I'm glad we have this bloke in and I hope he doesn't take any crap. I thought It was a shame Duverne left when he did as he should've gave the players individual fitness regimes for the summer. The days of turning up with a beer belly have long gone so it'll be interesting what players take their personal fitness seriously. On this it's good to see Gardner training through out the summer. This is his biggest year for us let's just hope he can stay fit as I said this last summer then he gets crocked by an awful tackle in a friendly. 

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Really? Certainly looked like Newcastle were fatiguing a lot more than we were in the last 10 minutes of the game on Saturday!

It did and I was very impressed considering I have been critical of their fitness this season. 

Will be interesting to see what they have in the tank tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, AVFC44 said:

Really? Certainly looked like Newcastle were fatiguing a lot more than we were in the last 10 minutes of the game on Saturday!

It did. Then again, they'd had a game midweek, and we hadn't. It makes a big difference. I think that because of the heavy schedule, pretty much all teams fade late on when the're on their 2nd game in a few days.

Not putting any blame on Marchesi and his team, but so far it's looked like a few of our more senior players, McCormack, Jedinak and possibly Elphick has looked a bit off the pace.

Hopefully they'll be able to sort this out because it's a very long season, and the windows for recovery will be few. Especially for those players who are involved in their national teams.

Â