Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like its true mate

Clicky

Oh well, I guess managers learn, and circumstances have alot to do with things I'm hoping. 

Going slightly off topic, I see Koeman is in talks with Everton, seems a strange one to me? What can they offer him that Southampton can't?

It seems Southampton always have a mini masterstroke up their sleeve though.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh well, I guess managers learn, and circumstances have alot to do with things I'm hoping. 

Going slightly off topic, I see Koeman is in talks with Everton, seems a strange one to me? What can they offer him that Southampton can't?

A £100m transfer budget, reportedly.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bigger contract, more money to spend and a higher ceiling.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

WTF, have they been sold?

Bill Kenwright says that Everton have found the “perfect partner” in the billionaire Farhad Moshiri, who on Saturday became a new major shareholder and “brings the promise of new investment”.

The British-Iranian businessman will acquire 49.9% of the Goodison club, conditional on the Premier League approving his investment, and is reported to have paid £200m for the stake.

Former Arsenal shareholder

Well good for Everton..

More importantly, welcome di Matteo! Let's get promoted and show the Evertonian hopefulls something else. Oh hope, that wonderful feeling..

One of those who is impressed by the move is Dublin, who has backed Di Matteo to get Villa back up with the right financial backing.

“I am delighted because I know Roberto and his family well,” the Birmingham Mail reports him saying.

“Mr Di Matteo will know exactly what to do and who to bring in. As long as he gets the financial backing from the board them I think he can get Villa straight back up.”

Di Matteo’s appointment is certainly an interesting one at Villa Park given his experience of the Championship in the past.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/03/dion-dublin-hails-roberto-di-matteo-appointment-at-aston-villa/?

The RDM appointment made the Radio 4 lunchtime news (not sports news, but the main bulletin). Slightly surprising, since the BBC have been pretty much ignoring us since we stopped being a Premier League club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The RDM appointment made the Radio 4 lunchtime news (not sports news, but the main bulletin). Slightly surprising, since the BBC have been pretty much ignoring us since we stopped being a Premier League club. 

All eyes on us. I think we're due good times, so for once, let them roll on in.

• Like 1

Im feeling optimistic, if the rumours about RDM getting his preferred staff (Clark and the Muscles dude from Inter), i think they have all been given a reason too trust in the new owners plan for the furure.

I think a big change is needed and a lot of things needs too be built from the ground up, so they definately have a lot of work to do.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

All this optimism has come at a time when we are at our lowest league position in 20-odd years. Who'd have thunk it?

29 years since we started the 1987 season in Division 2. I was 1 month old when we were promoted back to Division 1. It's been a long ass time, but thanks to alphabetical order when they do update the tables we'll be starting in 1st place so only 21st in English Football. We'll be back in our rightful place soon enough. 

28 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

All this optimism has come at a time when we are at our lowest league position in 20-odd years. Who'd have thunk it?

I'm guessing it's sort of like a new, hopefully promising(hopefully) beginning.

• Like 1

Â