Steve Clarke

brommy

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

There you go

at the worst 10 games = 2 wins 1 loss rest draws would be an improvement, shouldnt be difficult even with our incomplete squad.

Has Clarke ever had a managers job which he took, like our situation?

Has RDM ?

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Arguably a bigger let down than rdm for me as I expected **** all from rdm with Clarke I expected some good stuff

Something over and above what we know, and have been suggesting......seems to be wrong.

it could be RDM is such an autocrat, they are all afraid to say anything.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm very averse to it, he is one of the 'brains' behind this shambolic run. 

True, but it depends how much of a say he has in things with RDM running the show. 

Could also explain why he is not that visible in the dug-out if RDM is ignoring his advice. 

17 hours ago, Richard said:

Arguably a bigger let down than rdm for me as I expected **** all from rdm with Clarke I expected some good stuff

You might be right, but no one knows who is to blame. Perhaps Clarke likes to do things differently but RDM had other ideas. I'm holding onto the hope that for the most part Clarke's training is working, it's just RDM's tactics and philosophy that are the biggest failure. 

He's supposed to be the assistant manager, assisting the manager in training, personnel recruitment, tactics, motivation etc.

Now let's say that he is doing all those things to the best of his ability (and we are quite crap) then why would anyone even think about him taking over as manager when he obviously can't even assist a manager in the first place!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So despite change of owner/brave new dawn/tweeting for glory/new start, new hope, top 3 in the world ambitions, etc.,we're still in the dreary business of hiring droves of managers/coaches every few months and then presumably paying vast amounts of dosh to get rid of them when they flop.

Let's hope Bruce will bring an end to this cycle.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On paper it all made sense and looked great

reality bites, another assistant manager with a decent reputation and a decent CV and then when you watch the boys every week you just don't see what he apparently brings

in fairness the last few ass mans all looked good on paper Culverhouse/Karsa, Keane, Wilkins and Clarke

Â