Copa America 2016

Zatman

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Only major players they were missing were Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Douglas Costa and Neymar.

The rest is the best they've got.

Luiz, Sandro, Gustavo, Oscar, Fernandinho, and Firmino weren't called in as well. I'd say most of them deserved a call up. 

Oscar is rubbish, David Luiz lol have you seen him in the World cup qualifiers, he's been an outcast in Brazil after his performance against Suarez in the Uruguay game.

Sandro? The Juve one, well they already have Marcelo and Felipe Luis at left back. Luiz Gustavo, Fernando, Fernandinho all the same to me, these big powerhouse midfielders who can run around a lot and foul people, none of them can thread a ball through a packed defence which is why Brazil struggle to score.

Firmino fair enough, thought he was injured.

That's the thing, you can reel off these players but how many of them are actually top class? Because Oscar and David Luiz certainly aren't no matter what the marketing and hype men say.

Big one they need back is Thiago Silva to bring some leadership back to defence. What happened to Marquinhos aswell, thought he was going to be the next big thing few years back?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Oscar and David Luiz are not rubbish players. They're certainly better than a group stage elimination. I'd agree that all of those Czechlad mentioned should make it in to the squad.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2837415/brazil-vs-uruguay-defined-by-david-luiz-poor-performance

Spoiler

Yet both perspectives will have something in common: David Luiz needs to go, at least from the position he currently occupies in the Selecao lineup. The PSG defender once again had a Jekyll and Hyde evening; to say that he was at fault in both Uruguayan goals is an understatement. Some Brazilian media commentators and fans were even ironically celebrating the yellow card that suspends Luiz for Tuesday's tricky trip to Paraguay, a game made more worrisome by the fact that they're currently level on points with Brazil (and Argentina, reinvigorated by their away win at Chile), fighting for third place in the current table.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-luizs-brazil-future-doubt-6831347

David Luiz 's Brazil future could be in doubt after a poor performance and a needless sending off left coach Dunga fuming.

Luiz was booked after 86 minutes of the Selecao 's 1-1 draw with Argentina for throwing an elbow leaving him on a tightrope for the remainder of the game.

Luiz's last two games for Brazil. :lol:

Seriously when you talk about players marketed miles above their actual ability Luiz is right at the top of that list imo.

I've never seen what Oscar actually does and indeed go on the Chelsea forum and plenty want them to get shot of him.

When you look at South America I'd define the world class players as Aguero, Di Maria, Mascherano, Messi, Alexis, Medel, Vidal, James Rodriquez, Suarez, Godin, Thiago Silva and Neymar.

Brazil just dosen't produce the quality anymore, not compared to Argentina and indeed a few other SA nations now. 

Who can forget his performance against Germany in the World Cup?  I take my hat off to him though, in the same way I take it off to Tim Sherwood.  If you can blag your way to the top despite your obvious shortcomings then I respect that :) 

• Like 1

said it before but David Luiz is a brilliant footballer but an absolute shit defender. Would be more effective in midfield away from the defence, he could probably even do a good job as a playmaker

• Like 1

Mexico is such a mug nation, constantly mouthing off and yet US usually out-perform them in major competition.

Chile haven't had a great year since their copa win but still got so much quality throughout their team.

Still not certain of making next world cup though...as I keep on saying and people aren't realizing one of Brazil, Colombia or Chile is finishing 6th in Commebol. 

The Copa Amercia - the competition where Carlos Sanchez is apparently wonderful at every tournament. So wonderful that no decent team has ever taken a chance of him 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

The Copa Amercia - the competition where Carlos Sanchez is apparently wonderful at every tournament. So wonderful that no decent team has ever taken a chance of him 

Says a lot about the standard of football more than anything.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Says a lot about the standard of football more than anything.

Tell that to Chile, a side strong enough to see off most of the current European sides. Argentina, as well.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Tell that to Chile, a side strong enough to see off most of the current European sides. Argentina, as well.

The overall standard is way off European football. It's not even close.

On 6/19/2016 at 12:21, VillaChris said:

Mexico is such a mug nation, constantly mouthing off and yet US usually out-perform them in major competition.

Hello Donald ;)

• Like 3

Â