Copa America 2016

Zatman

hiding behind the Euros is the controversial 100th anniversary of Copa America which starts this weekend in USA. Except Neymar all of the stars from South America will be going like Aguero, Messi, Suarez, James, Sanchez and our very own Guzan and Carlos Sanchez

Group A:

USA

Colombia

Costa Rica 

Paraguay

Group B

Brazil

Ecuador

Haiti

Peru

Group C

Mexico

Uruguay

Jamaica

Venezuela

Group D

Argentina

Chile

Panama

Bolivia

looking at the brazil squad i think there are 8, plus then 3 over age players so probably 11, of that squad that will be able to play in the rio olympics a month after the copa

not sure if that will impact their mentality at all but i imagine a lot of them will want to play in both tournaments

For anyone curious, and I was so I just looked it up, in the UK this is on 'Premier Sports'. I'm not exactly sure what that is, as I've never seen it, but it appears it is available on Sky and Virgin. Which I don't have. Booooo.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Kaka's made the squad...

Dropped out now due to injury.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

bad tournament for Brazil and cant see Dunga being allowed manage at Olympics.

probably be another return for Scolari :lol:

Do they care though? I was under the impression they only truly cared about the World Cup. Even sent an U23s team to the Copa one year.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Think I will pay attention to this tournament and see if Sanchez turns into the second coming of Socrates when he pulls on a Colombia shirt...or as I suspect a lot of posters are bullshitting.

A bit confused how watching football matches in the future is going to tell you much about football matches in the past. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Think I will pay attention to this tournament and see if Sanchez turns into the second coming of Socrates when he pulls on a Colombia shirt...or as I suspect a lot of posters are bullshitting.

ah yes Socrates that brilliant defensive midfielder who broke up play

5 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Do they care though? I was under the impression they only truly cared about the World Cup. Even sent an U23s team to the Copa one year.

no Olympics is huge for Brazil, as mentioned only tournament they havent won and have nearly always brought good players to it. home soil makes this perfect warm-up for Olympics for them

no Olympics is huge for Brazil, as mentioned only tournament they havent won and have nearly always brought good players to it. home soil makes this perfect warm-up for Olympics for them

I was talking about the Copa. They hardly ever seem to take a full squad.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I was talking about the Copa. They hardly ever seem to take a full squad.

Last year they had a full squad. Possibly 2011 aswell. They're just rubbish nowadays.

Struggling to get into this Copa, last year's started off o.k and then got worse in the knock outs and twice in one year....

Surely Argentina will win this time.

Last year they had a full squad. Possibly 2011 aswell. They're just rubbish nowadays.

Struggling to get into this Copa, last year's started off o.k and then got worse in the knock outs and twice in one year....

Surely Argentina will win this time.

I don't know. There's players in this squad that wouldn't be if the World Cup was being played now. Then like I said, they took an U23 team the one year.

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't know. There's players in this squad that wouldn't be if the World Cup was being played now. Then like I said, they took an U23 team the one year.

Dani Alves, Miranda, Gil, Felipe Luis, Renato Augusto, Willian all started their last world cup qualifier in Paraguay in March.

Someone like Elias who I know little about has 32 caps so he's actually one of the more experienced midfielders in the squad. Lucas and Coutinho are back ups.

I would say it's a pretty strong Brazil squad although their options upfront are shocking, Hulk and Jonas who is 32 now. Ricardo Oliveria is injured and he's 36.

If you're wondering where Tiago Silva is Dunga refuses to pick him and Marcelo so they won't be seen again until change of management which probably won't be too long now. 

Â