E3 2016

Chindie

Sony might want to avoid saying much about No Man's Sky given the last minute delay and the fact they were supposed to be releasing it around about now...

Sony will likely double down on VR.

Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, has said that Microsoft's conference is 'one of the most special they've ever done' and compared it to the 360 launch event, Zero Hour, they did in 2005. So either that conference is going to disappoint or they're dropping megatons.

45 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sony might want to avoid saying much about No Man's Sky given the last minute delay and the fact they were supposed to be releasing it around about now...

Sony will likely double down on VR.

Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, has said that Microsoft's conference is 'one of the most special they've ever done' and compared it to the 360 launch event, Zero Hour, they did in 2005. So either that conference is going to disappoint or they're dropping megatons.

Could it be.... Scorpio?

Just now, PieFacE said:

Could it be.... Scorpio?

It's very, very likely they're going to at least confirm Scorpio now I think. I initially thought they'd most likely do a nod and a wink at most ('here's the Xbox One Slim... and we've got exciting things to discuss in the coming months...') but they might officially announce it now. I don't think they're going to go full launch style conference though. 

Anywho, this is the leakiest E3 ever. The Dishonoured 2 trailer has leaked ahead of Bethesda's conference, and there's now Halo 3 Anniversary teasers doing the rounds. At this rate there'll be nothing left to surprise us with.

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Anywho, this is the leakiest E3 ever. The Dishonoured 2 trailer has leaked ahead of Bethesda's conference, and there's now Halo 3 Anniversary teasers doing the rounds. At this rate there'll be nothing left to surprise us with.

It's only going to get leakier until publishers and devs start to understand this ultra-connected world better. They need to stop preemptively doing things as all these leaks have come from people finding strings of code in websites, or seeing a trailer they gave Snapchat a week early for some reason. Publishers need to stop and slow down a bit cause they are ruining their own element of surprise. They can blame coders and apps all they want for leaks but there is nothing to find or accidentally see if you just hold off on doing all this stuff until the last possible moment. 

You'd hope so.

I wouldn't bet against a remaster of the original trilogy either, just because why not?

Titanfall 2 will be a tentpole of EA's conference, and again the trailer leaked earlier. If nothing else, it looks good.

EA broadcast some of their rehearsal

Titanfall 2 is out 28th October, the week after Battlefield 1. There's 6 new titans and a single player campaign.

ReCore is out 16th September on Xbox/PC apparently. There's also a less trustworthy rumour of new BC games being announced during Microsoft's conference with one of them being RDR.

Xbox One S is the official name and its 4k video and HDR compatible, with a 2tb HDD. I'm guessing 4k video means it can do 4k internet video but it doesn't come with a UHD drive, unless it's about £500 at best.

Meh - Apparently the Slim is the only hardware reveal. Not sure what they can really do which is going to make it a special E3 for MS.

DR4, Forza, Gears are all games which do not interest me.

I still think they nod and wink to a new console.

Forza Horizon 3 is supposedly stunning so I'm interested in that. Beyond that it's wait and see I guess.

EA is just starting...

Â