E3 2016

Chindie

Potentially Sony might have a Western game according to GAF. Some concept art has appeared from a Sony artist's portfolio that features very Western railroad expansion looking environment.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

CDPR are releasing Gwent as a standalone.

Trying to go after the Hearthstone crowd I would imagine.

It's a decent idea seeing how incredibly successful that (HS) has been.

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Trying to go after the Hearthstone crowd I would imagine.

It's a decent idea seeing how incredibly successful that (HS) has been.

Yep absolutely. Gwent has been (almost ;)) universally well received and Hearthstone has printed money. They'd be silly not to give it a shot, especially is the outlay will likely be sod all in the scale of things.

There's another rumour of wager is completely wrong doing the rounds suggesting Sony will announce a AAA Spiderman title. Which makes no sense. Unless Marvel's deal to get the cinema rights granted Sony exclusive game rights for Spiderman titles. But that's really unlikely. Stupidest rumour I've seen so far.

I'm assuming that it will be a massively expanded version of the Gwent from the Witcher game as I thought that was pretty boring tbh.

Hearthstone is a way superior game, and has a ridiculous amount of depth so they'll have a fair amount of catching up to do.

Quantic Dreams' next game Detroit: Become Human will be a part of Sony's conference it seems. Not much of a surprise. It'll almost certainly look amazing, but what will there be in the way of gameplay...?

I've always liked their games, even back to Omikron, and if this is another intereactive movie like Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls I wouldn't really mind, but I would love a game more in the vein of Fahrenheit, especially if it goes completely **** bonkers that like did, which for me just worked.

I remember thinking the premise for Beyond: Two Souls was interesting, and the cast was great. But then the actual thing itself, eh. I plat'd it, cos it was an easy plat, but it didn't exactly stay with me as a fantastic gaming experience, but I certainly didn't hate it either. The premise for Detroit: Become Human similiarly sounds intriguing, I just hope it provides more of a gaming experience. Which, knowing David Cage, is probably a stupid thing to hope for. It's more likely to be the least interative and most movie game ever.

Edited by hogso

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

CDPR are releasing Gwent as a standalone.

YAY!!!!!!

19 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I'm assuming that it will be a massively expanded version of the Gwent from the Witcher game as I thought that was pretty boring tbh.

**** you, man!

the sony spiderman game rumour has been around for a while, think a game actor put the mo cap on his CV and it got leaked, ill actually be surprised if they dont show it, sucker punch (sly cooper) being linked to it

theres also a lot of rumours about a rocksteady superman game, personally i think suicide squad would be the better option for them but they arent tying it in with the film release, might just do a justice league game

My issue with the Spiderman rumour is why it'd be a Sony exclusive... the only thing that makes sense is Sony negotiating exclusive game rights but even then... don't get me wrong I'd love a great (/better than Beenox) Spiderman hand as we've not had a really great one since 2 (and arguably the PS one based off the comics and TV series). Shattered Dimensions was alright. But I don't see it. Not exclusive anyway.

I'd love to see what Rocksteady go on to. I don't think it'll be a Superman game though. Superman doesn't translate that well. And a Justice League game is too messy and you have the problem making threats for all these characters and not having it become a linear series of chapters.

I'd kinda like to see what they could do leaving Arkham behind, I'd rather not see Arkham 4 with a different skin... so hopefully they're keen to push themselves. I had this sense that even they were tired with Arkham Knight, good as it was, hopefully that translates into something else. Happily see them adapt another property, as they're the only studio that seems to get it.

the sony / marvel deal is a partnership isnt it? i didnt think marvel had bought the rights outright they've just got the right to use him and pocket all the merchandise and guff that comes with it, the upcoming spiderman film will be done by marvel but under sony

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the sony / marvel deal is a partnership isnt it? i didnt think marvel had bought the rights outright they've just got the right to use him and pocket all the merchandise and guff that comes with it, the upcoming spiderman film will be done by marvel but under sony

The game rights are a seperate thing. Hence loads of multiplatform Spiderman games being released while Sony held the movie rights (which they still hold but the deal appears to be heavily weighted to Marvel. See film thread ;)). Sony would need to negotiate exclusive rights to have a platform exclusive game, which is certainty possible but I don't know why Marvel would agree to it, unless it was part of the movie deal. Marvel don't seem interested in major game releases but I think they'd realise they're chucking money away allowing an exclusive.

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

PlayStation Neo apparently won't be showcased at E3.

It's likely expensive. Sony won't want that derailing what is set to be a good show. They have already said the Neo is more than $350 and given the spec I would assume it's possibly pushing $450/$500. For me personally it's something you save for a throwaway show like Paris Game Week or something. I mean the news will still get out, but it also won't overshadow things like The Last Guardian finally getting a release date which is likely happening at E3.

Officially it's not being shown because they have nothing to demonstrate it to its best.

How true that is, who knows.

Anywho, looks like a John Wick game and Starbreezes co-op shooter Raid: WW2 will feature at the show, shots have come out of the banners at the convention centres with them on. 

Seems like Crash Bandicoot is going to be in a PS4 Skylanders game. I can't say I would've played a new game anyway, but that'd be a bit of an anticlimax. 

Looking forward to seeing hearing more on Persona 5, Nier Automata, I am Setsuna, and, although it's been 2 E3's since it was announced if I recall, I wanna see more of No Man's Sky. 

Â