E3 2016

Chindie

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Skyrim remaster talk is bubbling away... I love that game but I've absolutely no interest in a resolution bump rerelease.

Depends what kind of remaster it winds up being. Dead Island just had a remaster which saw the game remade on their newest engine and it looks so good in certain areas, yeah still a bit dated looking but the game is like 8 years old. Remasters are getting a lot better now that they have noticed gamers are more likely to buy it if the upgrade is sizeable. 

36 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Depends what kind of remaster it winds up being. Dead Island just had a remaster which saw the game remade on their newest engine and it looks so good in certain areas, yeah still a bit dated looking but the game is like 8 years old. Remasters are getting a lot better now that they have noticed gamers are more likely to buy it if the upgrade is sizeable. 

The only thing Bethesda can do to make me interested in a Skyrim remaster is say it's a preorder bonus for Elder Scrolls 6, presuming that that game isn't MMO'd. Which is unlikely given they're barely done with Fallout DLC and next year is probably the earliest you'll hear of their next game.

I played the game to completion on 360, and again on PC modded with the DLC. No remaster has any interest for me subsequently, whether they put out a lazy upres or a full port to the Fallout 4 version of their (tired) engine. Skyrim is great, but I'd rather see something new. About the only people that really would benefit from any type of remaster are PS3 owners who were served up a broken version back in 2011.

• Like 2

So you're saying with my hopes of B&E 2, Morrowind Remaster and an FF7R Episode One 2016 release date...I'm gonna be disappointed?

i'll stick my usual request for a new onimusha game or even a HD remake of the series, new ZOE game (kojima might do something with sony this E3) id be interested in a new syphon filter, full ps4 god of war and the ultimate...a new timesplitters game (although i think when i pick it up in a few weeks time overwatch will probably fill that hole)

On 02/06/2016 at 15:43, PieFacE said:

I honestly didn't think they would bother with a Watchdogs sequel. The most memorable thing about that game was the E3 demo of it, which looked absolutely stunning..... and then the game actually got released and looked nothing like it.  

Will be the same again this year, E3 demos always look stunning but they always gimp the games

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

So you're saying with my hopes of B&E 2, Morrowind Remaster and an FF7R Episode One 2016 release date...I'm gonna be disappointed?

I'd temper things a tad ;)

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Will be the same again this year, E3 demos always look stunning but they always gimp the games

How do they get away with it though? Isn't it false advertising ?

ZOE will probably be with Konami still so I think any chance of that reappearing is slim and none. Konami are out, bar PES. And the guys behind the Order have announced they're into something completely different so unless Sony pushes it to another studio I doubt there's a sequel coming.

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

That's a slightly misleading video. The points absolutely there, things do get scaled back sometimes post e3 and regularly cross platform stuff is being played on a top spec PC and not the console most people will buy but they've heavily exaggerated their examples which is a bit dirty. They seem to criticise Far Cry because they moved some assets (the tuktuk, the elephants) in the final release, and Rainbow Six because a scenario didn't play out the way the way the demo went, for instance, to make the graphical downgrade look worse.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

missed off...seeing as i was one of the 4 people who actually enjoyed the order i wouldnt mind the sequel that it left hanging

doubt sony will announce that to much fanfare though

Not sure it's happening for a while. Ready At Dawn have already announced their next game and it's not The Order 2. They are working on a cute arena brawler called Deformers which is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC likely next year.

Looks like Bethesda also may show Evil Within 2 (...why?), Wolfenstein New Order 2 (Day One!) and announce Prey 2 is back on the table, which looked fantastic 5 years ago and then got binned. If Prey 2 can live up to what they had back then, that's a potentially awesome title in their hands. Big ask though.

Bethesda are gaining a lot of hype this year despite it clearly being apparent that Elder Scrolls 6 isn't happening. They stated last year that conferences wouldn't be yearly unless they had something huge to show. This of course sent the internet into a bit of a frenzy when they finally announced another conference, but despite Elder Scrolls 6 clearly not being there it's still generating insane levels of hype.

Evil Within 2 is gonna be great for fans of action-horror. Evil Within was a great throw back to classic Shinji Mikami gameplay from Resident Evil 4, maybe not on the same level as that but good classic horror is hard to find. There are so many run and hide horror games now like Amnesia, Outlast, Outlast 2 and the hundreds of smaller indie games that hopped on the bandwagon, but not many good horror games with guns and puzzles recently. Evil Within wasn't brilliant but it was refreshing to play after years of Resident Evil going further and further downhill with 5 and 6. So I look forward to Evil Within 2, I am most curious whether Mikami is coming back as he did say that the first game was his last as director so who knows.

Wolfenstein 2 is gonna be hype. Machine Games for such a new studio have had such a great start. The New Order was hype as **** one of the best throw-back retro style shooters released in over a decade. The Old Blood was a great standalone expansion to that which also showed they weren't a one trick pony even if The Old Blood was only 3-4 hours long. I have heard rumblings that they are also in charge of a Quake reboot, but I personally think that either Bethesda has expanded their studio with very little fanfare or someone else is doing that one. Either way Wolfenstein 2, is gonna be insane.

Prey 2... I remember the teaser trailer around the time Elder Scrolls: Skyrim was unveiled, but I'm just not convinced it will live up to the hype that it's cancellation and subsequent revival will create. Prey was a fun if not janky game some 10+ years ago and it introduced some new concepts like portals to FPS, but whether this will be the game worthy of the hype it will no doubt get is yet to be seen. I do think Bethesda have one hell of a track record publishing incredible games at this point though, so I am sure this wouldn't be getting revived if it didn't live up to their standards. 

Should be a good show overall. I don't think there will be many surprises. Dishonored 2 will likely open the show and Prey 2 will likely close it with a hype gameplay trailer with a possible release window. Aside from that Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 can duke it out for who gets the most attention at the mid-point of the show. 

Oh god yeah haha, horrid 

A leaked poster has confirmed Injustice 2. Despite its PS+ release I didn't actually play the first one, but apparently it was a decent beat em up. I don't really like them tbh, even a very good Persona beat em up didn't change my mind. 

Boon changed his Twitter pic to an image that was 'cleverly' either 11 or 2. Given that MKX only came out a year ago and they've only just done extra content, nobody is surprised at Injustice 2.

I like Netherealms stuff so I'll happily play a sequel, but hopefully they can tone down some of MKX's quirks, have slightly better character design, and a better excuse of a story...

Character design, having seen the poster, is still bad :(

Edited by Chindie

Â