Double Glazing

Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Anyone had double glazing fitted recently and know rough cost?  I need a few windows replacing and wondered what fair prices were...? 

Whatever you do, watch the clock if you ask Safestyle for a quote, they took 2 hours to give me one!!

I guess it's a tactic to make you feel obliged to accept...

Just now, Ryan. said:

Whatever you do, watch the clock if you ask Safestyle for a quote, they took 2 hours to give me one!!

I guess it's a tactic to make you feel obliged to accept...

I was going to get a couple of local quotes and then a national (safestyle) to see how their "we won't be beaten on price" policy holds up.  What sort of money is it for "normal" windows?

How many is a few? Different sizes etc no point comparing... Just do what you said and get a few quotes.

what I would say is a locals will be cheaper but they don't do the 10 year guarantee and probably not the interest free credit...

8 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

How many is a few? Different sizes etc no point comparing... Just do what you said and get a few quotes.

what I would say is a locals will be cheaper but they don't do the 10 year guarantee and probably not the interest free credit...

Really need 2 bedrooms and ensuite on the front doing and 2 bedrooms and bathroom on the back. 2 downstairs front windows are alright but I guess they won't match the upstairs if I dont replace them? 

Downstairs windows at the back are covered by the conservatory so they are fine. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Really need 2 bedrooms and ensuite on the front doing and 2 bedrooms and bathroom on the back. 2 downstairs front windows are alright but I guess they won't match the upstairs if I dont replace them? 

Downstairs windows at the back are covered by the conservatory so they are fine. 

4 bed house with en suite, stop scrimping :P

• Like 1

Ours worked out around £470 per window. There was a big and a little window and a load of average ones.

We paid a bit more for frames that better matched the dado rail and skirting.

Â