Champions League Final 2016

coda

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He was very much on the periphery I thought, didn't think he was that great against Man. City either so think he's declining in the bigger games now and wouldn't expect a great euro 2016 from him.

He's been poor in pretty much every international tournament so I don't expect him to buck that trend at all. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Ronaldo always steps up 4th or 5th...because he wants to be the man. The cock.

And if he took 1-3 it would be "Doesn't want the pressure". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's been poor in pretty much every international tournament so I don't expect him to buck that trend at all. 

I think he has more mitigating factors than Rooney, Portugal have to play him straight upfront as they really do have nobody else to play.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Watching him stand there in that stupid wide legged stance had me praying that both of his hamstrings would simultaneously explode.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Takes some serious balls, most players don't want to. He's the best, he damn well knows it, and he's not hiding from the pressure, fair play to him IMO.

I thought Ronaldo actually did a job for the team tonight, he didn't get pissed off because he wasn't the man, a bit like Messi does for Barca from time to time (sorry for bringing up the  comparison but hey-ho).  But Oblak, wtf?

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Takes some serious balls, most players don't want to. He's the best, he damn well knows it, and he's not hiding from the pressure, fair play to him IMO.

Indeed. People take their silly hatred way too far. Though it is fun to see how would up they get. 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I thought Ronaldo actually did a job for the team tonight, he didn't get pissed off because he wasn't the man, a bit like Messi does for Barca from time to time 

what?!

messi has changed his role at barca 2/3 times in the last couple of years to accommodate neymar and suarez, he isnt the main man at barca, they put suarez there this season and he blew it away, messi is playing deeper rather than in the position that made him the best player in the world

• Like 2

and one for the things that piss me off thread - players who wear their shirts backwards when they win things... i know who you are marcelo...the bloke who did it for hull earlier, i couldnt give a **** who you are!

Just now, villa4europe said:

what?!

messi has changed his role at barca 2/3 times in the last couple of years to accommodate neymar and suarez, he isnt the main man at barca, they put suarez there this season and he blew it away, messi is playing deeper rather than in the position that made him the best player in the world

Yeah I know, that's the point I was trying to make, Messi is more happy to do the job and have a quieter role if needs be, and Ronaldo seemed to be playing like that tonight for the first time I can recall (possibly Zidane's influence).  Probably just bad wording on my part.  Anyway I don't want this thread to become a comparison between the two.  Well done Real, how these players are supposed to pick themselves up for the Euros **** knows.

Â