England v Australia

andykeenan

44 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Henderson is 1 of the worst mids ive seen

He;s the epitome of an average-to-shite English midfielder, good at absolutely nothing other than running around like a headless chicken. The guy has no composure and no football brain.

• Like 2

Wow he scored in a 2-1 loss, his first goal at a world cup, wow. This guy just does not deliver on the big stage. It's all well and good scoring against a continuum of shite teams in qualification and scoring in friends but he just does not deliver at tournaments, end of story.

Think hes more effective as an attacking mid. Has great vision and passing. Id take him imo.

Henderson, Sterling are both nowhere near good enough.

Wow he scored in a 2-1 loss, his first goal at a world cup, wow. This guy just does not deliver on the big stage. It's all well and good scoring against a continuum of shite teams in qualification and scoring in friends but he just does not deliver at tournaments, end of story.

Messi has scored 1 KO international goal in his career, mostly playing against poor sides. He's shit as well, right?

When you have to knock someone for actually doing something, then it shows your agenda.

How about support the team? God forbid!

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Pretty sure he scored at the last one.

Or are there more requirements. Does it have to be against a better team than Uruguay? From 30 yards out? In the Final?

Yawn. Please don't wake up.

Lol. Laughable. He has the one odd goal that keeps him relevant and everyone pees themselves and preach.

He hasn't done anything in a tournament of note that is worth anything. One goal, one goal you mention, takes a lot more then that.... Would be nice to score against a Germany, France, Spain, etc. But that won't happen. Because he won't turn up, because he is shite!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Pretty sure he scored at the last one.

Or are there more requirements. Does it have to be against a better team than Uruguay? From 30 yards out? In the Final?

Yawn. Please don't wake up.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

And he scored 1 goal 4 years ago.

So a grand total of 2 goals in 12 years at tournaments from England's leading striker/talent/talisman or whatever bs description the media hype him with.

• Like 2

we'd have won that one tournament if he hadnt have broke his foot vs portugal...

he has to go IMO not as a striker and not as someone who we shoe horn in, drop sterling and have him playing off kane

we've been pretty poor in the last 3 friendlies, not the usual hype around this team, seem to be a bit quieter, almost the right build up after the excitement following the germany game, we arent dominating vs poor teams but then i dont think we have the players to try and dominate teams, we'd be better on the counter, problem with that is we arent a great defensive unit

thats roy's conundrum, we arent good enough to play keep ball and dominate games and protect our weak defence by not giving the opponents the ball, we are good enough to play fast counter attacking football but not good enough to soak up pressure from a good team

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So a grand total of 2 goals in 12 years at tournaments from England's leading striker/talent/talisman or whatever bs description the media hype him with.

If this guy is a New Yorker, I can understand his delusional-ness.  

The day Rooney is drop entirely from the England squad and has no influence behind the scenes, along with Roy being sacked, you then will start winning something!

Or at least have a chance of winning something.

Edited by 007√

Where to start...

He is England's leading striker. Whether you don't rate him, don't like him, whatever. Fact is he is our all time top scorer and been our leading striker for a while.

1 goal 4 years ago? Wasn't aware Uruguay were in Europe these days.

2 in 12? Didn't he score at Euro 2004 then?

14 minutes ago, 007√ said:

The day Rooney is drop entirely from the England squad and has no influence behind the scenes, along with Roy being sacked, you then will start winning something!

Or at least have a chance of winning something.

no we wont

the overhyped players and the managers who pick the players that the media wants them to and from the "big" clubs and indeed the media and the casual fans...its all on rinse and repeat mode

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Where to start...

He is England's leading striker. Whether you don't rate him, don't like him, whatever. Fact is he is our all time top scorer and been our leading striker for a while.

1 goal 4 years? Wasn't aware Uruguay were in Europe these days.

2 in 12? Didn't he score at Euro 2004 then?

Don't like or rate him and thats football - it's all about opinions.

If being the all time top scorer warrants a place in the squad does that mean you would have picked Bobby Charlton until this year?

I didn't say 1 goal in 4 years.

I said 2 goals in 12 years meaning since the 2004 tournament and I apologize if that was unclear, however I believe you probably knew that was what I meant.

Don't like or rate him and thats football - it's all about opinions.

If being the all time top scorer warrants a place in the squad does that mean you would have picked Bobby Charlton until this year?

I didn't say 1 goal in 4 years.

I said 2 goals in 12 years meaning since the 2004 tournament and I apologize if that was unclear, however I believe you probably knew that was what I meant.

No, 1 goal in 4 years was a typo on my part. You said 1 goal 4 years ago which is just incorrect. But fine. I agree he hasn't scored as much as I'd have liked, but that doesn't change the fact we have a better chance with him than Rashford, Carroll, Defoe and whatever other fringe players would take his place

England can't even win a friendly with Rooney scoring without both England and Rooney being criticised. It's ridiculous. Can't win either way.

Enjoyed watching this as an aussie. Our team has come along way the last couple years. Our midfield is very strong we are just still lacking a prolific goal scorer. Sadly we are still relying on the legend that is tim cahill.

Hopefully we see more england vs aus games in the future. I Will definitely be supporting england for the euros. 

• Like 1

Â