England v Australia

andykeenan

As my fiancee is Australian this is a rather important one for me. Last time we played them we made 11 subs at half time and lost 3-1 at the thankfully-about-to-be destroyed Upton Park.

Think it'll be a routine victory for England. 2-0.

Call me crazy BUT...I'd take him even over Rooney, screw all this "experience" bs! Better to have a young kid who has passion for the shirt and gives it his all than a donkey with massive wages running around who is nearing retirement around the corner. I think he would offer more than some of the senior players, particularly Rooney.

*Disclaimer- I really just don't rate Rooney, and feel he is massively overrated for yall*

• Like 1

Don't ask my why, but every time I see Jedinak play I want him in the Villa midfield.  Never does anything particularly good either.  Must be the beard, plus I reckon he'd stand up to anyone.  First signing RDM and make him captain. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And yet more than a few people will consider him a lynchpin for this England team...

For what?!

He offers England nothing but running around like a headless chicken. "Oh his pressing game is outstanding, and offers energy". Well you can put a shirt on me for his weekly earnings and I'll run non stop for ya! A dead ball, you'll still see me running around!

I think he's one of them that looks comfortable in a midfield 3, not trying to be Roy of the rovers or doing anything spectacular, just get the ball give the ball, what Carrick has been doing and not being appreciated for years

Just putting something crazy out there, but what if we bought Schwarzer? Even though he is in his 40s, he would still be an improvement on Guzan and Bunn, would be cheap, and is a good down to earth bloke. Even though he hasn't played much, he has won in two different premier league teams with Chelsea and Leicester, so he would at least be good luck to have around.

Â