Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

11 minutes ago, krisagg75 said:

can't see wenger spending that sort of money on a 29/30 year old

Neither can I. But if they did, Leicester will have made so much money off Vardy, especially for what they paid for him. They will have a lot of money to spend. They are a very well ran club that's for sure!

• Like 1

Vardy apparently has a lower buyout for clubs in the champions league and honestly, 25 million for him is pretty cheap. Look what United did with Van Persie for a few seasons. If Vardy can give Arsenal two seasons of goal scoring, he is worth that amount easy. 

it does make sense though. They will have nobody with off-ball pace if rumours are true about wanting to get rid of walcott. Ox, sanchez, ozil, giroud, iwobi all come to the ball. Swapping walcott for vardy and paying net 5-15m seems good business. they'll still need another striker/wide player with Ox being shit, if walcott goes and wellbeck injured.

Edited by gharperr

Looks like it's legit, Leicester Mercury reporting it now....

Just dosen't strike me as a Wenger signing, too easy to say it will turn out like Jeffers did.

Think he'll be Welbeck's replacement for next season and then be a squad player afterwards. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Looks like it's legit, Leicester Mercury reporting it now....

Just dosen't strike me as a Wenger signing, too easy to say it will turn out like Jeffers did.

Think he'll be Welbeck's replacement for next season and then be a squad player afterwards. 

Arsenal fans not to happy about this rumor supposedly... Viewed their forums and a lot of them are saying he is a one season wonder and doesn't fit their style of buildup play. 2014-2015 season he only scored 8 goals and this past season was his only good season, they have a point... They clearly want Morata.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal in for Ricardo Rodriguez aswell, 19m.

Should they have not done this sort of business last summer?

Wolfsburg were wanting something like 30m for him last season, made a lot of teams shy away from him because Wolfsburg made it clear. Since he had a bad season this past one, and he has become a little mercenary, his price has dropped and Wolfsburg want rid.

Edited by 007√

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

Arsenal fans not to happy about this rumor supposedly... Viewed their forums and a lot of them are saying he is a one season wonder and doesn't fit their style of buildup play. 2014-2015 season he only scored 8 goals and this past season was his only good season, they have a point... They clearly want Morata.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/jamie-vardy.29266/page-8

Just watched all of his goals, literally 90% of them scored in transition. How often do you find yourself in that situation? It so rarely happens ffs. He'd look completely lost when you're inevitably camping the opposition's box with short passes and fancy one-twos.

Wenger would have to change his entire philosophy for Vardy to work at Arsenal. It makes no sense.

Probably close to my opinion that.

• Like 3

Just break the bank and bring Higuain in. They made a mistake not taking him off Madrid's hands. Used to playing for teams who dominate possession and obviously knows where the net is. Morata is a better all round player, but he's just not prolific at all and they really don't need someone else who can do stuff outside of the box.

• Like 4

Vardy would offer something very different to what Arsenal have - the direct striker that they've been crying out for for many years now.

Plus I think it's unfair to say that he couldn't play in the "Arsenal way" as Leicester played some lovely stuff at times last season.

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Vardy would offer something very different to what Arsenal have - the direct striker that they've been crying out for for many years now.

Plus I think it's unfair to say that he couldn't play in the "Arsenal way" as Leicester played some lovely stuff at times last season.

That was probably the only time Leicester played passing football last season, 99.9% it was hoof to vardy to score!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

£20m+ for a player who will be thirty next season, doesn't fit their style and might have a whiff of the one season wonder about him - it's a risk.

It certainly is a risk, but I think with the amount of money in the PL, the risk is mitigated somewhat for a club like Arsenal.

If they have triggered a release clause, it will be interesting to see if any other clubs try to compete for his signature. Can see Everton with their newly-found riches taking a punt.  

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

It certainly is a risk, but I think with the amount of money in the PL, the risk is mitigated somewhat for a club like Arsenal.

If they have triggered a release clause, it will be interesting to see if any other clubs try to compete for his signature. Can see Everton with their newly-found riches taking a punt.  

No chance of him going to Everton, more of a chance of me signing for Everton. Why would Vardy take a huge step down to join Everton when he just won the league with Leicester and is in Champions League, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Just now, 007√ said:

No chance of him going to Everton, more of a chance of me signing for Everton. Why would Vardy take a huge step down to join Everton when he just won the league with Leicester and is in Champions League, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Not saying he'd go, but I could envisage Everton having a punt.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Would be staggered if this happens, can't see Arsenal being in for him at all as it just dosen't fit Wenger's usual transfers.

Arsenal more likely to sign someone like Morata I reckon.

Morata will go to Mardid or stay in Juve. I really don't see him leaving one of the world's best clubs for Arsenal. 

25mil now with all the extra tv revenue is not that much even for a 29 year old without little or no sell on value, but if he gives them 2 good years and they win the title then its money well spent. They would obviously have to change their style of play a bit and be more direct to get the best out of Vardy.  Ozil can do for Vardy what Mahrez did for him. 

Edited by PaulC

Arsenal going for Vardy makes absolutely no sense to me. Even with the inflation in transfer fees they could do better than him with that kind of money and he's not exactly young either. On top of all that, Leicester are unlikely to be a direct rival to Arsenal with or without Vardy.

• Like 1