Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Negredo is an upgrade on what they have. wonder will Rhodes be allowed go and proves what I said before that teams in Premier League dont trust him

10 league goals in his last two seasons. Crap everytime I watched him last season for Valencia. He  could be a massive flop for Boro

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Jordan Ibe at 15m lol.

He's only 20, never got much of a look in at Liverpool. I think he will do very well at Bournemouth. I predict he will be a better player than Sterling. 

Edited by PaulC

9 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Reports that Higuan has agreed terms with Juve.

Euro 94m is the reported release clause, so one could probably assume that selling Pogba is funding this deal.

Good job Wenger didn't splash 35m on him a few years back then like everyone knew he should have..

• Like 1

Just now, StanBalaban said:

Twitter is reporting that Kante to Chelsea for £30m is all but done.

With some of the prices being banded about for people like Troy Deeney (£30m), Pogba (£100m), Stones (£50m) that is an absolute bargain.

Just now, Genie said:

With some of the prices being banded about for people like Troy Deeney (£30m), Pogba (£100m), Stones (£50m) that is an absolute bargain.

Agreed. Great purchase for Chelsea. With him an Matic in that midfield, it should really pave the way for Hazard and Oscar to shine again.

• Like 1

Yep, 2 birds with 1 stone.  Will that start the Leicester exodus I wonder.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Leicester came knocking for Gueye as a replacement.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Why do you think that?

Tons of pressure, way more possession, and will be criticized a lot more. Kante was definitely amazing off the ball for Leicester last season, but on the ball is a different story. He is not a guy who will thrive in a pass and move environment from what I have seen. That could change, but Leicester obviously liked to play quick and attack, whereas teams playing Chelsea will bunker, and he will find himself on the ball much more, and will not be defending nearly as much as he was at Leicester. I think Chelsea are fine with Matic as the sole DM and need someone like Marchiso, Naingolan, or Gundogan next to Matic aka a box to box mid. Going Kante-Matic may be too defensive and find themselves struggling breaking down teams. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 3

I'm dissapointed in Kante if he leaves Leicester. He was nothing before he joined them and now jumping ship after a season beyond his wildest dreams. Vardy could have done the same but chose not to.  

• Like 1