Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leicester signing Ron Robert Zieler for £4m

Expect plenty of schmeichal rumours to follow, that'd probably make him the best back up keeper in the league, I'd be pissed if I was an Everton fan

I've actually seen fee's quoted as low as £2.6m, absolute bargain. Could mean Schmeichal is off, Liverpool desperately need a quality keeper, maybe they would take a punt, but then, why would Schmeichal want to step down?

No way Leicester will allow Schmeichel to leave, he's way too important to them. I think a lot of the rumours about him being on his way because they've signed Zieler are overlooking the fact that Zieler counts as Home Grown for the Champions League, add that to how good he is and the fact he cost £2.6m, why wouldn't Leicester want him, even as a rotation/back up? It's a great signing, and the sort of shrewd signing that they'll need to keep making to keep a CL spot.

As for de Gea to Real, I'm pretty sure that Zidane supposedly wants to keep Navas as his #1 and doesn't want de Gea, doubt he'll be leaving Utd.

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

As for de Gea to Real, I'm pretty sure that Zidane supposedly wants to keep Navas as his #1 and doesn't want de Gea, doubt he'll be leaving Utd.

im sure Zidane has no say in the matter

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 06:05, villa4europe said:

Leicester signing Ron Robert Zieler for £4m

Expect plenty of schmeichal rumours to follow, that'd probably make him the best back up keeper in the league, I'd be pissed if I was an Everton fan

Back up? I see Schmeichal leaving for Manchester United if that transfer comes off, since De Gea wants out.

De Gea leaves to Real Madrid, Schmeichal replaces and Zieler is Leicester's new #1.

if that is the case and making the assumption that the other 2 deals will be protracted with the euros and silly money thrown about...shows just how well leicester are being run right now

bought in a very capable keeper for next to nothing right at the start of the summer in anticipation of selling their first choice keeper in about a months time for £30m

Man Citeh have just signed Ilkay Gundogan from Dortmund.

Good little player (personally prefer Henrik Mkhitaryan from Dortmund) and another nail in the coffin for Delph who probably won't even make the bench much this season.

almost inevitable, good player, not as good as he was potentially before his knee injury but he suits the game pep will have them play

he's deeper than Mkhitaryan

delph still has toure leaving, meaning they have fernando, fernandinho, delph, gundogan and maybe nasri and silva to play in 3 midfield positions, based on that delph will still get 20-30 games next season if he's fit

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Good little player (personally prefer Henrik Mkhitaryan from Dortmund) and another nail in the coffin for Delph who probably won't even make the bench much this season.

im not sure Gundogan was the player he was in 2012/13. his injuries have took its toll and think he could be like Schweinsteiger in Premier League. Think he got another bad injury in last few months as well

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

im not sure Gundogan was the player he was in 2012/13. his injuries have took its toll and think he could be like Schweinsteiger in Premier League. Think he got another bad injury in last few months as well

Yeah he dislocated his knee cap and won't be fit for the start of the season.  Still, in the greater scheme of things £21m could turn out to be a bargain compared to some of the money they and others have spent and will spend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Great player! One of the best midfielders in the world if fit, but that's the key, if he's fit! He has a lot of injuries of late, especially back issues and now two knee injuries.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rumours that arsenal have triggered vardys release clause

What sort of my money is it? He signed a new deal this year so guess it's fairly high.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rumours that arsenal have triggered vardys release clause

Hmmmm, honestly that's a tough decision for Vardy himself, do you leave or stay with something special that you helped greatly contribute to winning the league title and getting into the CL. If he leaves, he clearly will be in the CL for at least up to 3 seasons with Arsenal, I don't see Leicester qualifying for CL football next season. Also playing with world class talent at Arsenal, but his Leicester team just proved a team of hard working players can beat any of the big boys. Tough decision on his hands, I think he stays.

think its a snap decision that he moves to arsenal. Higher wage + london + LCFC dropping next year with kante/mahrez likely to leave.

Walcott out, vardy in. i guess. Walcott should move to LCFC, would suit them

Edited by gharperr