Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

£15m for Ibe is **** insane.

Tomkins... its a lot, but he has the much lauded PL experience. Townsend is probably about right, maybe a slight bargain if you factor in his Englishness on top of his quality and experience. 

But Jordan Ibe at £15m? Bonkers. I hope the PL eats itself whilst we're away

Haven't seen much comment on Man City purchasing 25 year old on a 3-year deal then immediately loaning him out to Huddersfield Town.

Is that a money donation to their sister club in Australia or...?

JOrdan Ibe always had potential but never seen anything from him to indicate he would live up to the hype

good business by Liverpool though will probably blow it all now on a 60million bid for a Southampton player

3 hours ago, useless said:

12m is cheap for Townsend.

It may well be but for me the underlying point is it is very likely that over 200m worth of English players will move this summer and vast majority of them were nowhere near making the squad of an England team that produced yet more mediocre football at a major tournament.

Somewhere down the line the economics have gone badly wrong, the worse English players get the more they seem to cost.

• Like 1

the English tax has reached a new level of insane though Sterling still the most ridiculous example, I imagine Stones and/or Barkley will go for about 40million if they move as well. they arent even good players

probably best MON not managing in Premier League now, could imagine bids like 25 million for Reo-Coker 14 million for Steven Warnock and 20 million for Curtis Davies

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Spending in the prem this summer is going to be ridiculous, I reckon going to top £750m

The thing is though last time I looked 3 times still get relegated....10 teams will still finish bottom half and 14 or so will miss out on europe.

When you're spending 100m + a summer surely europe is a target? Maybe the cups will suddenly become more important you live in hope.

All I can see is more managerial sackings, more squad overhauls and more instability.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather be in it but in a funny way being outside of it in for the first time in a long while gives you a more balanced view of the whole circus from the outside. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

£15m for Ibe is **** insane.

Tomkins... its a lot, but he has the much lauded PL experience. Townsend is probably about right, maybe a slight bargain if you factor in his Englishness on top of his quality and experience. 

But Jordan Ibe at £15m? Bonkers. I hope the PL eats itself whilst we're away

Ibe has potential though (I think.)

Still a crazy price but no worse than those we have had already...and will have.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Spending in the prem this summer is going to be ridiculous, I reckon going to top £750m

I Reckon we could well see the £1b barrier broken this transfer window! 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Haven't seen much comment on Man City purchasing 25 year old on a 3-year deal then immediately loaning him out to Huddersfield Town.

Is that a money donation to their sister club in Australia or...?

It's odd isn't it? Mooy's great season in Australia and performances for the national team have had a lot of fans wanting a move back to Europe for him but he'll surely never crack their squad.

Here's an article that looks at it further.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That would mean an average spend of north of £50m . . . surely that's on the high side, even for this summer. 

If palace get Benteke they'll already be over £50, west ham will probably follow suit, the likes of man city and chelsea are probably going to be close to 120m, with utd probably going to be over 200m. 

It is quite feasible, let's not forget we were close to 50m last yr and look where that got us.

All gross spend not net.

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ibe (15m)

Tomkins (12m)

Townsend (12m)

All players not good enough to make the final England euros squad.

Disagree about Townsend, think he should have gone. Ibe is still only 20 and was brilliant when on loan at Derby. I would expect Eddie Howe to really bring him on as a player. Could be a bargain.