Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nordtveit signed for West Ham

Mainz keeper karius signed for Liverpool, headline I saw was "one of his country's foremost talents..." He's not even in their top 5 keeeprs

He definitely is in the top 5 best keepers in the Bundesliga. Without a doubt!

Rumors that Everton are going to bid 40mil for Joe Hart. Not sure why they think they could tempt him to leave City and Champions League football for them, as well as City would be hard-pressed to find a better keeper that would be willing to join them.

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Rumors that Everton are going to bid 40mil for Joe Hart. Not sure why they think they could tempt him to leave City and Champions League football for them, as well as City would be hard-pressed to find a better keeper that would be willing to join them.

Hahaha.  Everton spending 40 million on a keeper. Hilarious. I think we can file that one under bull ****.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I'd find a better source of rumour, so much wrong with that one.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

punched it in to google, its been picked up by the guardian...

something to keep the everton fans from believing they arent in trouble

Season ticket seller 

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

Kalidou Koulibaly rumours to arsenal

and

Kostas manolas to united for 40m

Koulibaly is a quality centerback! A LCB, so that surely means they want rid of Koscielny?

If Wenger keeps spending, he can have a really good squad! They need to address their striking position though. Giroud doesn't cut it. Xhaka is a quality signing for them and something they needed for awhile (overspent), but regardless a good signing.

Koscielny isnt going anywhere.

Koulibaly is right footed played LCB. So he will be able to slot next to kos easily. Tbh i neveer heard of him before, dont watch italian football but post from a guy who knows his shit if people are same as me.

He's been very good for a couple of years now. I dunno top 5 or 6 in Serie A with 4 of these being Juventus players. He was also good in Belgium before that I've heard. Last year he chose to represent Senegal or I'm almost certain, with injuries granted, that he would not only be in the France squad now but likely start as well;

He is very strong in duels and I guess most importantly he is both faster and better on the ball than he maybe looks initially. More fast than quick I'd say if that makes sense and more close-control proficient in his technique than being some very good passer;

He definitely has some composure about him though both on ball and in winning his duels, in Italy at least, CLEANLY which always look very impressive;

I wouldn't say that he is error-free in his positions or markings (who is) but Napoli was probably the most attacking team in the league and he's handled himself very well mostly and intelligently even if most strikers in England will be a different challenge;.. but one that plays to his strengths in athleticism I'd be inclined to believe, even if there will be less times where he will look as overwhelmingly dominant in duels like he has done in Italy. But we'll see if Arsene actually pulls the trigger. Wenger would do very well to break the bank for the Napoli number 9 I think. Few strikers are better and more dangerous in the exact small spaces (front and back) that Arsenal are always up against than Higuain, but of course that's been clear for many years;

Koulibaly is right-footed but has functioned very well playing the left-sided centreback, and Napoli certainly this year has build from the back on the ground a lot, which I think also speak volumes since his partner Albiol is a solid technical player himself but it's still Koulibaly who gets the challenge if you will of playing the left side;

Edited by gharperr

10 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Koscielny isnt going anywhere.

Koulibaly is right footed played LCB. So he will be able to slot next to kos easily. Tbh i neveer heard of him before, dont watch italian football but post from a guy who knows his shit if people are same as me.

I've watched him multiple times, and he is very similar to Mamadou Sakho, except he doesn't look clumsy and doesn't look like he is about to fall over after completing a pass. Very athletic CB. Koscielny is crap, I wouldn't slot Koulibaly next to him. Koulibaly walks straight into the defense for Arsenal from the beginning.

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

Kalidou Koulibaly rumours to arsenal

and

Kostas manolas to united for 40m

Koulibaly would do very well in the premier league, I saw his name linked to a few big teams (Norwich actually bid for him in January but he had no interest going there clearly) so watched a few Napoli games to see what the fuss was about.

Very strong and quick and pretty composed on the ball.

Manolas is good aswell but not 40m good.

I dont really know what the market prices is for cb's nowadays. Its all so blurred with tv money in the prem. Ill stop posting these after this one. But found them enjoyable to read so thought would share. Manolas:

EDIT: Haha I read this as Manchester City influenced by me hearing about Pep being interested in him quite a few times before. Post will have to stand:

Well, it's not surprising since he is one (if we're talking established) of the select few centrebacks that Pep almost MUST have to have a good chance of enforcing his ideas on his new team;

Personally I also think he will likely need a new goalkeeper but we'll see how that plays out;

What crucially sets Manolas apart is the quickness or agility of his defensive turns. When looking at him, body-composition-wise or what you want to call it, you don't immediately think that this is a defender who can operate and react at a quickness where most of the others fall well short, but his accelerations and turns were the things that couldn't have been more noteworthy (edit: since it turns out that this is Mourinho that we're talking about, the exact opposite of old-Terry basically) when first seeing him a few years back. This and his 1v1 strengths in general definitely allow him to operate higher up the pitch and he can recover space there and elsewhere better than most;

I also remember "x" being quick to notice him and Manolas was extremely impressive for Olympiakos in the CL and of course also for Greece;

I think he has continued to be impressive for Roma although obviously to some extent his fortunes rise and fall with the different periods of the team;

He is also competent on the ball though for Guardiola that would be put more to the test than ever;

I really do think some of his gift is agility that he isn't suppose to have and my one worry would be if mid 20s or late 20s if he would lose a tiny bit fraction of that, even though his intelligent and strong, that it immediately take him back a level;

------------------------------------

yes manolas is really similar to koscielny from what I have seen. a fantastic 1vs1 defender who rarely ever gets beaten there due to his anticipation, acceleration and quick turns;

On 5/25/2016 at 23:50, 007√ said:

He definitely is in the top 5 best keepers in the Bundesliga. Without a doubt!

whats wrong with the spammers current keeper? Adrian? He looked good when i saw him play (admittedly not many times)

8 hours ago, KSV said:

whats wrong with the spammers current keeper? Adrian? He looked good when i saw him play (admittedly not many times)

I don't know, what is wrong with him?

(Karius has been signed by Liverpool, not West Ham)