Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

pretty difficult to have an opinion imo. appearences are too sporadic and from memory, usually happens with "injury crises". 

aka, i have no idea. I feel like judgement in cb's at that age is super difficult. unless its someone super obvious like stones whos destined to be at the top

whys it "silly season indeed"  that clubs are  smashing their transfer records when theres been a huge injection of cash?

would be silly season indeed if that didnt happen

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, gharperr said:

pretty difficult to have an opinion imo. appearences are too sporadic and from memory, usually happens with "injury crises". 

aka, i have no idea. I feel like judgement in cb's at that age is super difficult. unless its someone super obvious like stones whos destined to be at the top

First and foremost is he even a CB? iirc Southampton played him at RB and I thought arsenal had bought him for cover for debuchy then a mixture of bellerin breaking through and a CB crisis means he's only ever really been CB cover, he looks unnatural and a bit lightweight there IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Levy does it again....

Signs Chadli for 7m.....sells him for 13m.

He's a decent player but barely played for them in the last year! 

It's the sort we'd be desperately trying to loan out or put on a free transfer.

With the inflation of prices I'd say £13m is about what £7m was 3 years ago.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Alonso the left back in talks with Chelsea, over a £25m move. Last I heard of him he was pretty average player for Sunderland.

Played for Bolton a few years ago too. Ok player but £25m for him is nuts.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

First and foremost is he even a CB? iirc Southampton played him at RB and I thought arsenal had bought him for cover for debuchy then a mixture of bellerin breaking through and a CB crisis means he's only ever really been CB cover, he looks unnatural and a bit lightweight there IMO 

He played RB against Swansea and Montero tore him to shreds...don't think Arsenal have played him there since.

To ship out the bloke they bought as LB cover for £22m and played 15 times on loan and then buy another LB cover for £25m is nuts...

but I bet Nathan Ake is still convinced he'll make it there and sign a new contract and go on loan again next season...absolute joke what they're doing in the transfer market, biggest problem being they are currently head and shoulders above everyone in terms of youth set up in this country

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He played RB against Swansea and Montero tore him to shreds...don't think Arsenal have played him there since.

I remember that game. He got really torn apart in swedish TV-studio after the game in a way I never heard before. Ex-Leciester Pontus Kamark was it who criticised him. Wenger got crap for not taking him off to.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To ship out the bloke they bought as LB cover for £22m and played 15 times on loan and then buy another LB cover for £25m is nuts...

but I bet Nathan Ake is still convinced he'll make it there and sign a new contract and go on loan again next season...absolute joke what they're doing in the transfer market, biggest problem being they are currently head and shoulders above everyone in terms of youth set up in this country

Added to Felipe Luis...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Levy does it again....

Signs Chadli for 7m.....sells him for 13m.

He's a decent player but barely played for them in the last year! 

It's the sort we'd be desperately trying to loan out or put on a free transfer.

He made a profit on chadli, but of the other players signed with the Bale money he made (quite heavy) losses on Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue and Chiriches, Eriksen was an excellent signing to be fair, although i'm still not convinced Lamela was ever worth 30 mil. 

Plenty of players from other windows where Spurs have made a loss as well - e.g. Fazio who they signed for 8 mil but have loaned out the last 2 years because hes completely shit.

Levy as some kind of transfer deal genius is a complete myth imo. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Speaking of Wilshere, I always found that season he missed through "injury" suspicious.

which season was that?

ive seen 3rd choice keepers start more games a season than him