Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

On 19/08/2016 at 21:58, Richard said:

Glad moyes never came to us. I said at the time that people only wanted him because he was a name and that we shouldn't have him. There were loads on here wanting him and cock sure he would be brilliant for us

Yep, I was one of them, and boy was I wrong ! :D  F*ck him!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Yep, I was one of them, and boy was I wrong ! :D  F*ck him!

To be fair though, what we have now is probably not what many of us expected at the time that Moyes was linked. If the good Dr's takeover had stalled for any reason, things would have been very very different. My main reason for wanting Moyes, was that under Lerner  i genuinely thought the club was just going to eat itself, Portsmouth style, and that an experienced guy like Moyes represented less of a gamble than others that were linked.

All irrelevant now i suppose, but god its remarkable were are now to were we were just a few short months ago. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

nor me, no end product, lots of flash no bang, pretty much the same as bolasie, £45m for those pair :huh:

sign benteke, sell your wingers...

Xw9klm0.gif

they still have Sako, Townsend and Puncheon ;)

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

they still have Sako, Townsend and Puncheon ;)

Puncheon is in his 30s and been played central midfield this season so suggests his legs can't handle up and down the wing anymore...Sako isn't good enough to be week in week out starter in this league so just leaves Townsend and to me he's more a scorer than creator.

Think Benteke will find things hard going there.

Have Palace even made that much profit on Zaha...I thought they re-signed him from Man. United for 12m? Not that I rate him much.

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

perez and mustafi to arsenal.

Mustafi seems to be hyped up a lot now he's going there....Valencia's defence was awful last season.

Perez will be an interesting one...Spanish strikers tend to be hit and miss in prem but I liked what I saw of him last season...good one on one finisher and decent in the air. All about adaption of course.

It isn't the elite striker Arsenal were craving but he'll be better back up/rotation to Giroud than options they've had in last couple of seasons.