England's RFU Australia Tour 2016

Rds1983

The squad has been announced for this summer's tour. Including an injured Tuilagi is an interesting call but really glad Slade and Daly are in the squad.

Guessing Ashton's England career is officially over.

Hopefully we can have a successful and entertaining tour. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent win for England earlier (and a great win for Ireland, too).

Haskell and Itoje were really good.

Edit: Thought we were rather fortunate that the Aussies had that try chalked off for obstruction.

Edited by snowychap

Very pleased to have been wrong when I posted in the 6N thread about Haskell being a relic of an awful era! Awesome today. Even saw him step! It's a shame that we're only seeing these sort of performances for England from him since he's turned 30...

• Like 2

Great day of rugby all round. I also wrote Haskell off and am very pleased to see him come good at last.

Hopefully we really kick on and win the series.

Fyi I was at the under 20s world cup yesterday and saw some great rugby. Ireland battled back from 12 points behind to beat NS by 13 points (finished 36-23 or something like that). Wales were very nearly beaten by a Georgia side playing with real passion and determination (finished 10-9). England beat Scotland 44-0 and ran in five tries, it looks like we have some really good young players coming through.

• Like 2

Great win today.

Top notch defensive play and finally put to bed having never won a series in Australia.

Now let's keep improving and overtake NZ to be the best in the world in 2019.

Absolutely outstanding doesn't do it justice. Robshaw was phenomenal. What a match as well. The sort of game that makes football borderline unwatchable for me.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2016 at 12:18, Xela said:

Is the turnaround in England purely down to the change in management? 

I'd say so, yes. Jones is proving to be the best thing that's happened to English rugby since we won the RWC. He's certainly the man with the plan and has done an unbelievable job in such a short space of time. From a Wasps point of view, he's certainly helped James Haskell get his mojo back, which is good for club and country and he's done the same for the rest of the squad too. Fair play to the guy.

It's been a good few weeks for English Rugby, the Saxons squad beat South Africa A 2-0 in their series under the captaincy of the hugely impressive Dave Attwood. There were some great performances from Wasps players, particularly Danny Cipriani, Dan Robson and Tommy Taylor. Robson is surely knocking on the door of the senior squad now, for me he's a better scrum half than Ben Youngs and easily worth a chance.

• Like 2

Â