England v Turkey

andykeenan

Probably the most boring game I've seen for a good year or so. They should play these so called 'warm up) friendlies behind closed doors as nobody really seems to be trying to win the game for risk of an injury.

And get Kane off set pieces for **** sake!

Edited by One For The Road

He's had it all season. Must have had a slight injury at the start of season but kept on scoring so kept it on.

Not great by any means. Funny how people see things as I think Sterling has been the most threatening England player going forward. 

• Like 1

Clearly showing why vardy has to play up front and not wide. Done more last ten minutes than he has rest of game out wide.

Glenn hoddle saying it was a very positive penalty... Um he put it wide Glenn!

Ali has been poor. Better as a box to box than number 10.

What is the point of the Portugal game? After the squad announced, just give them a little break. They always moan England players play too many and don't have mid winter break. Kane had played nearly 60 games this year. Rest him

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

What's the deal with that bandage on Vardy's arm?

I think he broke a couple of bones in his wrist in the 3-2 against us. At least that's what I heard. 

I guess he didn't want to miss any games so has played on with it. 

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I **** hate commentators for England games, the bias is so bloody obvious! How was Vardy's not a dive yet the Turkey player there was looking for it?

Vardy wasn't looking for contact, he was in on goal. The other bloke literally throw himself in to Stones. Not sure how they were the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Vardy wasn't looking for contact, he was in on goal. The other bloke literally throw himself in to Stones. Not sure how they were the same.

i agree they werent the same the turkish bloke doesnt have the ball and is never getting the ball

but vardy was looking for contact, he's done his step across the defender and fall over routine which we saw 2/3 times this year and got him sent off vs west ham

neither of them were penalties 

Just now, villa4europe said:

i agree they werent the same the turkish bloke doesnt have the ball and is never getting the ball

but vardy was looking for contact, he's done his step across the defender and fall over routine which we saw 2/3 times this year and got him sent off vs west ham

neither of them were penalties 

Stepping across the defender isn't necessarily looking for a penalty. Any striker with any kind of brain does it, you take the defender out of the game as he can't do anything. The defender in this case decided to try and give him a push and was punished for it.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's not that they were the same, it's that neither were penalties, yet the commentators were as usual coming up with the soft excuses that Vardy's was a penalty, yet for the Turkish player's one Hoddle was instantly dismissing it as a dive.

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It's not that they were the same, it's that neither were penalties, yet the commentators were as usual coming up with the soft excuses that Vardy's was a penalty, yet for the Turkish player's one Hoddle was instantly dismissing it as a dive.

In one instance a defender pushed a striker from behind. It's a penalty. You can't do that. The other, the striker literally threw himself in to a defender, when neither had the ball. One is a penalty IMO because you can't push someone who's through on goal. However soft, these players are quick and a push can knock you off balance easily. The other is a pretty terrible dive and should be a yellow card.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Stepping across the defender isn't necessarily looking for a penalty. Any striker with any kind of brain does it, you take the defender out of the game as he can't do anything. The defender in this case decided to try and give him a push and was punished for it.

he steps across and then throws his legs in to theirs trying to tangle them and buy contact, as soon as he makes that step across he's going horizontal, does it time and time again

Just now, villa4europe said:

he steps across and then throws his legs in to theirs trying to tangle them and buy contact, as soon as he makes that step across he's going horizontal, does it time and time again

The push on his right shoulder happens before any leg contact is make. That makes it a penalty IMO. I agree 100% his throws his leg to make contact there. But contact was already initiated by the defender, rather stupidly.

Â