Insight to Villa’s take over by Tony Xia - How football as a business is run in China

Deisler123

10 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

It is like what the advert you may have seen on internet which keeps telling you that you can earn 1000 quid at home for doing nothing. This is very much like that.

Who would say no to easy money?

Cheers. :o

• Like 2

I have a couple of questions and how they relate to football.  So first off please give us an insight into each answer and secondly how could that impact Villa and do you think it will.

1. Number 8 what is the story behind why that number is lucky?

2. Likewise I believe the colour Red is another lucky thing is Claret good enough in this case?

Forgive me if these are daft questions!

Keep up the information it's great stuff and we appreciate it takes time.  You have a captive audience here!

So what it seems is Xia may be running foul of merely not declaring that he has a lot of cash in business that he is willing to use ala Evergrande, this of course is smart as if Xia was like "Oh yeah with me in charge Aston Villa have £10+ billion" we'd see every team in the Championship make their players £50+ million for us only. Hopefully if he is pretty legit and has cash that the obscure structure of Recon isn't a huge issue for fit and proper.

29 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I have a couple of questions and how they relate to football.  So first off please give us an insight into each answer and secondly how could that impact Villa and do you think it will.

1. Number 8 what is the story behind why that number is lucky?

2. Likewise I believe the colour Red is another lucky thing is Claret good enough in this case?

Forgive me if these are daft questions!

Keep up the information it's great stuff and we appreciate it takes time.  You have a captive audience here!

1. the pronounciation of number 8 in Chinese (both mandarin and cantonese, althought there is difference between them)is Ba the first tone. That has a close sound to 'becoming wealthy', which is Fa the first tone. Plus in chinese tradition, people always believe in some luck/fortune-telling things. So althought most of us are not religious, we like to see more 8, which means more wealth. 

Similarly 6 is also good. It is pronouciated as 'Liu'/'L-e-ou', which means (with combinations with other letters) 'smooth' or 'going-well'. 

number 4 is definitely a no no. 'Si the fourth tone' or 'Sit without the /t/' shares the same sound as 'death although with third tone'. Again because people believe in fortune-telling, we do not like this number. 

Funny enough my mobile phone number in this country starts with 0744, Damn it.....

2. Red is a 'holy' colour in China in a way that it prevents evil things, because it is the colour of blood, which is believed to be able to scare ghosts. So if this year happens to be your year (in terms of the Zodiac year every 12 years), then you must wear red clothes, like underwear, t shirt, socks, whatever you can find. Because it is believed that in the Zodiac year (of your year) you will be extremely unluckly and evils things will come and find you.

yes, I think Claret is good too. Although in Thrillers ghosts (especially females) always wear Claret color clothes. just saying....

Cheers!

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

number 4 is definitely a no no. 'Si the fourth tone' or 'Sit without the /t/' shares the same sound as 'death although with third tone'. Again because people believe in fortune-telling, we do not like this number. 

Funny enough my mobile phone number in this country starts with 0744, Damn it.....

Any family back home must hate ringing you then, as it would be +44744........

Exactly what I thought. Especially given the fact that he is posting on Vital and possibly elsewhere. 

Lol tin hats.

God forbid anyone shows interest in the club huh? I thought new fans was the point of a Chinese owner?

Â