Jump to content
Phumfeinz

Villa Park redevelopment

Recommended Posts

Didn’t think of that OBE. For years now big groups could all sit together if they wanted. Not the case anymore really, although their best bet would be paying Trinity upper which is not very appealing imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would people feel that perhaps in the future a new north stand would become the main focal point of the ground and making the Holte the second end stand? It would make a difference. I suppose that most have happened at St James when the Leazes End was massively expanded making it bigger than the Gallowgate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please NSWE can I have the following.....

Huge single tier 17.5k behemoth stand like spurs should replace the North Stand.... Then also copy the top tier layout of their ground for witton lane and trinity road of stands continuing around but not joining so to preserve and keep the x4 seperate stand aesthetic. Next square of the Holte & Trinity near the exec box tower.  Then I’d spruce up the Trinity Exterior taking cues from Aston Hall with the large ground floor windows and contrast stone window surrounds and some ornate stone  finishes on top & mosaics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen a lot recently about safe standing. I know in the past Villa have been fairly keen on it. Perhaps we are waiting for further developments before starting any major rebuilds. Or perhaps with a number of clubs having developed or built new stadiums, will safe standing now be a thing that those clubs no longer want to pursue, if these new grounds are either unsuitable or it would, heaven forbid, effect their corporate income?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Please NSWE can I have the following.....

Huge single tier 17.5k behemoth stand like spurs should replace the North Stand.... Then also copy the top tier layout of their ground for witton lane and trinity road of stands continuing around but not joining so to preserve and keep the x4 seperate stand aesthetic. Next square of the Holte & Trinity near the exec box tower.  Then I’d spruce up the Trinity Exterior taking cues from Aston Hall with the large ground floor windows and contrast stone window surrounds and some ornate stone  finishes on top & mosaics. 

How about we build a huge single tier north stand and once it’s done build an even bigger single tier behemoth,(great word) Holte End. Home fans at both ends, imagine the noise!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 07:16, Rugeley Villa said:

When re building The North Stand, it needs to be a single tier. We made the mistake of making the Holte End a double tier. Would that effect the corporate side of things though? Or is that a stupid question. 

No but it will impact on the capacity if stadnd depth becomes an issue. 2 tiered stands enable a higher capacity as you can add levels and push the higher levels forward. You lose this option with a single tiered stand. If the North Stand was single tiered the ground would look shit as it would more than likely look odd. Single tiers don't utilise space, hence why nobody builds them unless for a small organisation that want limited capacity.

Edited by avfc1982am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

No but it will impact on the capacity if stadnd depth becomes an issue. 2 tiered stands enable a higher capacity as you can add levels and push the higher levels forward. You lose this option with a single tiered stand. If the North Stand was single tiered the ground would look shit as it would more than likely look odd. Single tiers don't utilise space, hence why nobody builds them unless for a small organisation that want limited capacity.

Spurs say hi .... 17.5 k compared to the Holte Ends 13.5k just sayin. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The single tier North Stand would help the atmosphere massively imo. We lost so much noise from having the Holte a double tier. The North stand lower all stand mostly , so I could imagine a new North Stand single tier all standing, and once the singing starts it will travel the whole tier . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Spurs say hi .... 17.5 k compared to the Holte Ends 13.5k just sayin. 

Hi back.. What the new stadium that had a much larger overall space to work with in order to build the new one piece structure?  Spurs new ground is still split tiered not single which is what I was discussing. Not building a completely new stadium that looks like Spurs ground. So I don't understand your point mate?

Also where is the space on the current site at VP to build a single tiered seated stand behind the goal without it looking out of place with the Trinity or the Witton stands? The modelling from a design point of view imo would be difficult to say the least. You would have to knock the whole lot down and start again. 

I think redevelopment of the North stand should be similar to the Holte End in structure and brickwork with a split tier, probably with the Witton to follow. You could then(dependent on planning) probably build a structure stretching back over Witton Road similar to the Trinity, although in keeping with the brickwork used on the Holte. This would easily increase the capacity upwards of 55k. You could also close in the corners from the North to the Witton and from the Witton to the Holte. It would also create a more aesthetically pleasing stadium and more in keeping with our tradition.

Plus I'm not entirely sure but I don't think you can link the corner of the Holte to the Trinity as the Holte slightly overlaps it?!   

 

Edited by avfc1982am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't we just simply knock down the North Stand and then order something comfy from SCS?   May reduce capacity a little, but at least you'll get home quicker!  Always thinking!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Spurs say hi .... 17.5 k compared to the Holte Ends 13.5k just sayin. 

Spurs are cheating by gaining the extra few thousand with the wrapped round corners.  The Holte is still the greatest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, May-Z said:

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

Is it true that the Ticket Office and Club Store are still standing with a slight revamp?

I was under the impression they were torn down in July, but saw photos of them covered in banners on Twitter this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, May-Z said:

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

Just noticed the changes from the train. Looks good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, May-Z said:

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

Is there’s anything on the exterior of the Trinity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Any news on whether they’ve repaired my seat ?

Sky Sports News interviewer asked Purslow this last night and he refused to answer. Seemed quite miffed about the question to be honest. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Is it true that the Ticket Office and Club Store are still standing with a slight revamp?

I was under the impression they were torn down in July, but saw photos of them covered in banners on Twitter this morning.

Planning permission was only granted last week to demolish them, but they obviously don't intend to progress straight away. 

Though with the banners over the windows of the offices above the ticket office I assume they are actually now empty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â