Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Spurs say hi .... 17.5 k compared to the Holte Ends 13.5k just sayin. 

Hi back.. What the new stadium that had a much larger overall space to work with in order to build the new one piece structure?  Spurs new ground is still split tiered not single which is what I was discussing. Not building a completely new stadium that looks like Spurs ground. So I don't understand your point mate?

Also where is the space on the current site at VP to build a single tiered seated stand behind the goal without it looking out of place with the Trinity or the Witton stands? The modelling from a design point of view imo would be difficult to say the least. You would have to knock the whole lot down and start again. 

I think redevelopment of the North stand should be similar to the Holte End in structure and brickwork with a split tier, probably with the Witton to follow. You could then(dependent on planning) probably build a structure stretching back over Witton Road similar to the Trinity, although in keeping with the brickwork used on the Holte. This would easily increase the capacity upwards of 55k. You could also close in the corners from the North to the Witton and from the Witton to the Holte. It would also create a more aesthetically pleasing stadium and more in keeping with our tradition.

Plus I'm not entirely sure but I don't think you can link the corner of the Holte to the Trinity as the Holte slightly overlaps it?!   

Edited by avfc1982am

12 hours ago, May-Z said:

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

Is it true that the Ticket Office and Club Store are still standing with a slight revamp?

I was under the impression they were torn down in July, but saw photos of them covered in banners on Twitter this morning.

12 hours ago, May-Z said:

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

Just noticed the changes from the train. Looks good. 

13 hours ago, May-Z said:

Is there’s anything on the exterior of the Trinity?

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Any news on whether they’ve repaired my seat ?

Sky Sports News interviewer asked Purslow this last night and he refused to answer. Seemed quite miffed about the question to be honest. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Is it true that the Ticket Office and Club Store are still standing with a slight revamp?

I was under the impression they were torn down in July, but saw photos of them covered in banners on Twitter this morning.

Planning permission was only granted last week to demolish them, but they obviously don't intend to progress straight away. 

Though with the banners over the windows of the offices above the ticket office I assume they are actually now empty? 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Yeah, everything is still there. Had some of this wrap-around on the roof of the ticbjet office. Pictures of cup winners, God etc. Store had been rebranded for Kappa. There were about 50-100 people working all around the ground when I was there. 

34 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Is there’s anything on the exterior of the Trinity?

Nothing major from what I saw. Little wrap around by McGregor saying 'Home since 1897' or something, some freshly painted gates and new block signs. No big overhaul of the cladding on the Trinity though. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Question. How come Villa Park isn't listed as a 5 star, but 4 star UEFA stadium? What's missing? Is it a capacity issue? 

It's ancient, sure there are loads of issues we lack compared to modern stadiums.

Capacity might be one.

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Question. How come Villa Park isn't listed as a 5 star, but 4 star UEFA stadium? What's missing? Is it a capacity issue? 

Capacity, disabled seats, executive seating and international signage to name a few I believe, miles off

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yay!

Got excited then thinking we were in for some cask conditioned ale which would have amazed me, but from that it's obviously just some fizzed up keg beer, might as well stick with the Tetleys/John Smiths which is all "craft" beer is at the end of the day.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Got excited then thinking we were in for some cask conditioned ale which would have amazed me, but from that it's obviously just some fizzed up keg beer, might as well stick with the Tetleys/John Smiths which is all "craft" beer is at the end of the day.

I think modern keg beers are much nicer than that old smooth flow stuff. And it isn't like a football stadium is geared up to keep the beers in pristine condition. I think this is a perfectly fine way to go about it.

I like that the club is supporting some local breweries. Hopefully this is all part of a wider improvement to the facilities on offer at VP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Going to a football stadium is never going to be like sitting in your favourite CAMRA pub. Bottled conditioned real ale and carbonated cask ales are probably as good as you will get?

I don't know I don't visit that many stadia so I don't know what the golden standard is. 

• Like 2

Â