Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Would that effect the corporate side of things though? Or is that a stupid question. 

Well, yeah. Where are the boxes going to go, on the roof?

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

And that right there is the exact reason we shouldn't be wasting our money building a new stadium.

Attendances rise and fall with the form of the team. There are around 30k fans that will be there week in week out, and that is what the club need to cater to with an extra 10k more to capture the match day sales.

You look at teams like Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle & Arsenal, they sell out almost every single week which is why their capacities eclipse ours. 

I read somewhere, and I don't have the evidence to cite, but when a club builds a new, bigger stadium, attendances always increase in average. 

It's always being said, but Birmingham is massive and Villa don't have all that much competition, we could sell out 60,000 seats a week if we were successful, fashionable and our facilities were good. 

Don't get me wrong, I see no reason to knock VP down just yet. But I'm not overly sentimental about it, if we build a new stadium of the same calibre of Spurs (those that attend this weekend, let us know what it is like), I would happily accept the change. I wouldn't want any old mediocre stadium though, for us to leave Villa Park would need something special that would be an amazing football stadium and elevate the club commercially. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When re building The North Stand, it needs to be a single tier. We made the mistake of making the Holte End a double tier. Would that effect the corporate side of things though? Or is that a stupid question. 

Not a stupid question. I couldn't be a single tier if corporate boxes are to be included.

If corporate boxes where done away with in the New North then it would essentially become something similar to "The Kop" at Anfield where it is a single tier wave.

For it to have any stand out to it then a good name would need to be sought.

The Holte End, The Kop, etc are iconic.

What could a single tier stand be known as?

The Ron Saunders End?    "The Roar"?

A Kop style would be great and have a museum, megastore and what not underneath, why not throw a hotel in there aswell. Wee have so much potential at our current pad.

I refuse to be drawn into any talk of moving away from Villa Park, now or ever really.

• Like 3

I have been a staunch supporter of keeping Villa Park as four stands and watching the game today I think we could achieve this by building a huge single tier replacement North Stand and wrapping  the upper tier of the Trinity Road stand around just like at spurs but not joining the NS. 

If we could replicate this and square of the other end of the upper tier of the Trinity and the Holte, that would take us to around 60k and keep the essence of VP.

Then long term tackle the Witton as and when. 

I’m sure Nassef & Wes would of been impressed with Spurs new stadium and hopefully inspire them when it comes around to redeveloping Villa Park. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Just something to take on board. Everton has just sold out. How many tickets could we have sold for this particular fixture live on a Friday night? I reckon we would have shifted say another 2-2500 from now until next Friday . That would give you a crowd of around 44k. I honestly think once it hits general sale we are getting a false reading of the demand. The reason being is because the only seats that are usually avaliable are seats where the general sale mob don’t really want to sit, and that’s Doug Ellis and upper trinity. They are also our most expensive seats. With a bigger ground and more options to sit in different parts of the ground, I think the demand from general sale would be even higher than it is now. 

• Like 3

On 09/08/2019 at 01:46, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not a stupid question. I couldn't be a single tier if corporate boxes 

I refuse to be drawn into any talk of moving away from Villa Park, now or ever really.

I posted before that I wouldn't mind moving away.

As our first home game approaches, I want to admit I was wrong.

I'm looking forward to parking by the flats by Ruskin hall, as I always do, nipping to the shops with my kids, trying to convince the older one that drinks shouldn't be green, Deciding, domwe walk across the park or down Bevington Rd?

all little things, but things I'd miss. 

The ground needs to be improved, but improved where it is. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just something to take on board. Everton has just sold out. How many tickets could we have sold for this particular fixture live on a Friday night? I reckon we would have shifted say another 2-2500 from now until next Friday . That would give you a crowd of around 44k. I honestly think once it hits general sale we are getting a false reading of the demand. The reason being is because the only seats that are usually avaliable are seats where the general sale mob don’t really want to sit, and that’s Doug Ellis and upper trinity. They are also our most expensive seats. With a bigger ground and more options to sit in different parts of the ground, I think the demand from general sale would be even higher than it is now. 

I think it's also the case that what hits general sale are single seats. People tend to want to go to games together. A home draw in the league cup later would be interesting.

• Like 1

How would people feel that perhaps in the future a new north stand would become the main focal point of the ground and making the Holte the second end stand? It would make a difference. I suppose that most have happened at St James when the Leazes End was massively expanded making it bigger than the Gallowgate.

Please NSWE can I have the following.....

Huge single tier 17.5k behemoth stand like spurs should replace the North Stand.... Then also copy the top tier layout of their ground for witton lane and trinity road of stands continuing around but not joining so to preserve and keep the x4 seperate stand aesthetic. Next square of the Holte & Trinity near the exec box tower.  Then I’d spruce up the Trinity Exterior taking cues from Aston Hall with the large ground floor windows and contrast stone window surrounds and some ornate stone  finishes on top & mosaics. 

I haven’t seen a lot recently about safe standing. I know in the past Villa have been fairly keen on it. Perhaps we are waiting for further developments before starting any major rebuilds. Or perhaps with a number of clubs having developed or built new stadiums, will safe standing now be a thing that those clubs no longer want to pursue, if these new grounds are either unsuitable or it would, heaven forbid, effect their corporate income?

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Please NSWE can I have the following.....

Huge single tier 17.5k behemoth stand like spurs should replace the North Stand.... Then also copy the top tier layout of their ground for witton lane and trinity road of stands continuing around but not joining so to preserve and keep the x4 seperate stand aesthetic. Next square of the Holte & Trinity near the exec box tower.  Then I’d spruce up the Trinity Exterior taking cues from Aston Hall with the large ground floor windows and contrast stone window surrounds and some ornate stone  finishes on top & mosaics. 

How about we build a huge single tier north stand and once it’s done build an even bigger single tier behemoth,(great word) Holte End. Home fans at both ends, imagine the noise!!

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 07:16, Rugeley Villa said:

When re building The North Stand, it needs to be a single tier. We made the mistake of making the Holte End a double tier. Would that effect the corporate side of things though? Or is that a stupid question. 

No but it will impact on the capacity if stadnd depth becomes an issue. 2 tiered stands enable a higher capacity as you can add levels and push the higher levels forward. You lose this option with a single tiered stand. If the North Stand was single tiered the ground would look shit as it would more than likely look odd. Single tiers don't utilise space, hence why nobody builds them unless for a small organisation that want limited capacity.

Edited by avfc1982am

53 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

No but it will impact on the capacity if stadnd depth becomes an issue. 2 tiered stands enable a higher capacity as you can add levels and push the higher levels forward. You lose this option with a single tiered stand. If the North Stand was single tiered the ground would look shit as it would more than likely look odd. Single tiers don't utilise space, hence why nobody builds them unless for a small organisation that want limited capacity.

Spurs say hi .... 17.5 k compared to the Holte Ends 13.5k just sayin. 

• Like 1

The single tier North Stand would help the atmosphere massively imo. We lost so much noise from having the Holte a double tier. The North stand lower all stand mostly , so I could imagine a new North Stand single tier all standing, and once the singing starts it will travel the whole tier . 

Went to the ground today. 

The extra touches that are being carried out improve the look consoderably.

I don't know how they've done it using banners because you can't tell at all. Witchcraft. Looks very smart though. 

• Like 2

Â