Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

44 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Going to a football stadium is never going to be like sitting in your favourite CAMRA pub. Bottled conditioned real ale and carbonated cask ales are probably as good as you will get?

I don't know I don't visit that many stadia so I don't know what the golden standard is. 

they can put in the nicest beer in the world the reality is if you get the first one to go through the pipes in 2 weeks you're getting a shit pint

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

they can put in the nicest beer in the world the reality is if you get the first one to go through the pipes in 2 weeks you're getting a shit pint

This Cellar Management course will ensure that all employees working in any establishment with a bar have the appropriate knowledge needed to properly store, prepare and pour cask ales and keg beers.

https://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/business-skills/cellar-management-course

YW

Considering our official capacity is 42,785, it was disappointing to read yesterdays "sellout" fixture v Bournemouth had an official attendance of 40,996. I'm guessing Bournemouth sold out their away allocation. 

Surely we arent losing close to 2k seats in segregation? If so could that not be managed better? Would it not make more sense to stick away fans in an area where so much segregation is not required? I've tried to look up capacity by tier but could not find this information anywhere.

If the North Stand upper tier was 4k(?) for example, then it seems better business sense to let the away fans have that whole area but lose no seats to segregation, this might also allow us an agreement with clubs to let us take 4k (if it is that) fans in return. 

Another option would be to put up a thick clear plastic wall between fans in the middle, to split it half and half with steward/police presence either side rather than losing almost 2k seats. 

58 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Considering our official capacity is 42,785, it was disappointing to read yesterdays "sellout" fixture v Bournemouth had an official attendance of 40,996. I'm guessing Bournemouth sold out their away allocation.

I think our capacity for this season will be near to 41,500 with the closure of R1 and the netting keeping the segregation on place. There were noticeably empty seats in a couple of areas, including the away end - but if those are sold, they'd still count toward the attendance. Home tickets definitely sold out, so I'm guessing the away end didn't.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 11:00, KenjiOgiwara said:

Question. How come Villa Park isn't listed as a 5 star, but 4 star UEFA stadium? What's missing? Is it a capacity issue? 

I don't think UEFA go up to 5 star rating for years. It's 1 to 4. I believe the last time they did a list of elite stadiums it was in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2019 at 23:06, The Fun Factory said:

With the Commonwealth games happening next door and HS2 being built Villa should be in the sweet spot for redevelopment. In 10 years time Aston will be hipsterville. Or just slightly smarter.

VP No long being used as a venue for commonwealth games 

Surely everyone knew this at least 2 years ago when Birmingham won (well no else wanted it) the bid for 2022? Sounds like a easy cop-out and that the new owners were not keen on 2 days of egg-chasing. 

Its a shame as it is one less event in Birmingham and the athletic village is going to be in Perry Barr so it would be have been ideal. I thought it would have been some decent PR. Ibrox hosted the Severns back in 2014, now this time it is going to be in a stadium outside the host city and 20,000 smaller when compared to  Glasgow. It is also less environmentally friendly by having it in a stadium which I believe has a nearby station which is not open during event days when compared to Villa Park with 2 nearby stations.

History is repeating itself as for 2012 Villa Park was to host football games and then said we would be doing 'redevelopment works' during that summer so it went to the Ricoh.

Nothing happened on the North Stand that time either.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

On 18/08/2019 at 16:04, OutByEaster? said:

I think our capacity for this season will be near to 41,500 with the closure of R1 and the netting keeping the segregation on place. There were noticeably empty seats in a couple of areas, including the away end - but if those are sold, they'd still count toward the attendance. Home tickets definitely sold out, so I'm guessing the away end didn't.

Attendance for Everton was I think 41.9k so looks like that will be sell out attendance this season. Does seem we've lost 700 or so seats in last few years as I always remember in the past 42.6k seemed to be maximum crowd we could get in but as you saw the corner between North stand and away fans isn't used anymore and must be close to 500 seats in that section.

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Surely everyone knew this at least 2 years ago when Birmingham won (well no else wanted it) the bid for 2022? Sounds like a easy cop-out and that the new owners were not keen on 2 days of egg-chasing. 

Its a shame as it is one less event in Birmingham and the athletic village is going to be in Perry Barr so it would be have been ideal. I thought it would have been some decent PR. Ibrox hosted the Severns back in 2014, now this time it is going to be in a stadium outside the host city and 20,000 smaller when compared to  Glasgow. It is also less environmentally friendly by having it in a stadium which I believe has a nearby station which is not open during event days when compared to Villa Park with 2 nearby stations.

History is repeating itself as for 2012 Villa Park was to host football games and then said we would be doing 'redevelopment works' during that summer so it went to the Ricoh.

Nothing happened on the North Stand that time either.

I seem to remember the Dr sniffing around the bid, offering help in some sort of advisory role and thought at the time that a wealthy Chinese businessman with a doctorate in urban planning courting favour with the council of a city that is ripe for redevelopment made a lot of sense, wasn't 100% sure what he was after but I thought it was more than just a football club

with him gone the owners might not have the slightest bit of interest in the games, or more likely they've had some chats with the council about the benefits of hosting the games and found that they council want our owners cash to spruce up parts of their city or fund the management of the event and they rightly said no thanks

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Our capacity is less than 42k now

Not so sure about that. The Everton game crowd was announced as 41,922 and although the seats for us lot were "Sold Out", the full attendance including  all exec seats, boxes, media etc. looked to have quite a few unsold empty seats that might take it just over 42K.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Not so sure about that. The Everton game crowd was announced as 41,922 and although the seats for us lot were "Sold Out", the full attendance including  all exec seats, boxes, media etc. looked to have quite a few unsold empty seats that might take it just over 42K.

Is the crowd announced on ticket sales , or fans through the gates? If it’s on ticket sales, which I think it is, then our capacity might be below 42k. 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bournemouth didn’t sell out at our place. There were a few hundred in the upper Doug Ellis that they didn’t sell out. Our capacity is less than 42k now and has been for a few seasons. 

Pretty sure Bournemouth didn't make general sale, or Everton as I tried to get tickets for both games but couldn't as nothing was available on the website.

I'm guessing the odd empty seat here and there is due to people not turning up after buying tickets and certain sections left empty for segregation. 

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Pretty sure Bournemouth didn't make general sale, or Everton as I tried to get tickets for both games but couldn't as nothing was available on the website.

I'm guessing the odd empty seat here and there is due to people not turning up after buying tickets and certain sections left empty for segregation. 

Bournemouth never made GS but Everton did. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bournemouth never made GS but Everton did. 

Must have sold out by the time I tried to get a ticket then.

I wonder if there is a cut off point for people to return tickets. You see empty seats here and there that must be paid for, just the person not turning up. Can't imagine people are that loaded that they can't be bothered to sell their seat back to the club for resale. £35+ is decent money.

Most games somebody doesn’t turn up for whatever reason. When I can’t make it like Everton for example , I pass my season ticket on to my mate. Regardless of what our capacity is, it’s nice to see the sold out signs going up every game. 

• Like 1

There is a small patch of seats right in lower part of the Holte next to the DE stand in which Villa never sell anymore. I mean the view is restricted but is not bad- if they took £5-10 of the price I am sure they could sell them.  Unless they think it s a safety issue that people could jump over it and fall out of the stand?!

Also has anyone else seen that they are now selling exec seats in the North Stand again after giving it a  refurb? That is on top of the Villa Village and Academy given a lick of paint as well which was strange as I thought they were knocking them down in the summer.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Â