Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

IMO Fill in the corners for now with restricted viewing and see where we are in a couple of years 

I've seen a few of these calls to fill in the corners - I really don't think it's feasible.

The Holte End doesn't really have corner spaces in the way it links to the Witton Lane and Trinity Road stands - it would be almost impossible to develop them in a way that would add more a few dozen seats - it's just not practical. At the other end, you could make something of the corners, but you'd be joining them to the North Stand which is the first thing you'd change if you redeveloped - the cost of doing the corners there on their own would be a big chunk of what it would take to redevelop that end of the ground - it would seem pointless to redevelop those corners without also doing the North Stand.

I just can't see any practical way that we can do anything with the corners of the ground at the moment.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Did you miss the news that we've sold out of season tickets (30k) with thousands more on the waiting list?

True, but let’s see how that waiting list is at the end of this season. Let’s face it we all know how fickle villa fans are, it’s all exciting at the moment and I have no reason to believe that the owners are gonna do anything **** that up anytime soon,  but Relegation at this point (although I don’t think that will happen) is still a possibility which could throw us back to square one. 

I agree with just filling in and making ground improvements and expansions where we can, especially some kind of “fan zones” similar to box park at Wembley would be awesome. 

Long term I’d love a new stadium personally, keeping the looks and traditions of what we have currently, the rear of the holte is still a sight to behold. After seeing what spurs have done how can any supporter not want a piece of that. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

True, but let’s see how that waiting list is at the end of this season. Let’s face it we all know how fickle villa fans are, it’s all exciting at the moment and I have no reason to believe that the owners are gonna do anything **** that up anytime soon,  but Relegation at this point (although I don’t think that will happen) is still a possibility which could throw us back to square one. 

I agree with just filling in and making ground improvements and expansions where we can, especially some kind of “fan zones” similar to box park at Wembley would be awesome. 

Long term I’d love a new stadium personally, keeping the looks and traditions of what we have currently, the rear of the holte is still a sight to behold. After seeing what spurs have done how can any supporter not want a piece of that. 

Yeah but like OBE says, there really is no where we can just chuck seats in. It's pointless doing the corners of the North Stand as thats most likely going to be first stand that gets demolished. The Trinity and Holte corner is restricted by the road, you can see from the aerial shots  that its not symmetrical as the Holte End cuts back in due to this as it is (see picture below). Theres not much wiggle room on the Holte/Witton corner either.

image.jpeg.aa8e68665c76b2118cd6867adcc13e2a.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah but like OBE says, there really is no where we can just chuck seats in. It's pointless doing the corners of the North Stand as thats most likely going to be first stand that gets demolished. The Trinity and Holte corner is restricted by the road, you can see from the aerial shots  that its not symmetrical as the Holte End cuts back in due to this as it is (see picture below). Theres not much wiggle room on the Holte/Witton corner either.

image.jpeg.aa8e68665c76b2118cd6867adcc13e2a.jpeg

Totally agree, hence saying where we can. With the amount of improvements needed around the ground I would even hazard a guess that they would scrap the idea of redeveloping the North stand and go straight for a new stadium. With England pushing for a World Cup there are ground regulations that Villa park are short of, NFL and Baseball games getting bigger and bigger coverage in the UK and with an American owner with some clout... a new stadium makes sense. Villa park for how dear to our hearts it is, is getting left behind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Did you miss the news that we've sold out of season tickets (30k) with thousands more on the waiting list?

When you consider the away fans will take 3k or so, probably a few thousand reserved for corporate tickets - There will only be something like 6k that will go on general sale each game meaning that every home game will have sold out signs this season. 

The only games where you can just walk up on match day will be the early rounds of cup competitions, but only if you avoid the big clubs 

Its still in the maths/, 30k season tickets, 3k away fans,  still 10K to fill, can we find another 10K on top - maybe as long as we are winning

and as I said how log to recoup the pay out  - 

23 hours ago, Jimmyg said:

Totally agree, hence saying where we can. With the amount of improvements needed around the ground I would even hazard a guess that they would scrap the idea of redeveloping the North stand and go straight for a new stadium. With England pushing for a World Cup there are ground regulations that Villa park are short of, NFL and Baseball games getting bigger and bigger coverage in the UK and with an American owner with some clout... a new stadium makes sense. Villa park for how dear to our hearts it is, is getting left behind. 

You could redevelop the North Stand and the Doug Ellis stand but that's about it. Could make the North Stand and Doug Ellis 3 tiers like the Trinity?

The owners and Purslow have talked about setting the club up long term, so in a stadium sense, I guess we need to know what that actually means? To be competitive and generate income long term that means at least a 70,000 seater just to catch up to the top clubs. Currently Villa would have no chance of filling that type of stadium regularly, so does it need to be more of an organic development over the next 5-10 years? I believe it will be the latter, but the club has to be successful which will drive increased crowds, which will trigger development of the ground to meet the demand.

55 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure about all the claret vinyl knocking around. Need to see it in real life.

Definitely good work getting something done though. These owners are do-ers.

I think the vinyl will do a job until our owners decide what they want to do with the stadium. This is a neat little quick fix that likely looks cheaper than it's meant to, but it beats looking at exposed concrete that looked bad when the stand was built and looks worse now. 

Yes potentially the North stand needs demolishing to provide a bigger and better stand.

However I wonder if it is possible to extend one of the other stands upwards by adding an extra tier due to the tightness and close proximity of the existing stands to the roads?

I dunno?!?!

34 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The owners and Purslow have talked about setting the club up long term, so in a stadium sense, I guess we need to know what that actually means? To be competitive and generate income long term that means at least a 70,000 seater just to catch up to the top clubs. Currently Villa would have no chance of filling that type of stadium regularly, so does it need to be more of an organic development over the next 5-10 years? I believe it will be the latter, but the club has to be successful which will drive increased crowds, which will trigger development of the ground to meet the demand.

I think you are probably right, it won’t be an instant requirement for us to increase capacity which is why they are tarting up the current stands for the time being.

The owners will want to see us cement a place in the PL first and foremost, and see if the sell out attendances continue before any rebuild plans are implemented. Hopefully if we perform well this season then we can pursue even higher level transfer targets, which in turn will increase demand for match day tickets. Here’s hoping anyway. 🤞

Sadly I don't see us filling in the corners. As mentioned above it's not practical on North stand end as long term North stand needs knocking down.

Holte end would lose the iconic build of the stand alone holte end, something I'm dead against. If we are looking at turning it into a bowl like all the rest then we may as well sell VP and start building a completely new modern stadium.

Personally I think building a new North stand on similar scale as holte is best current bet. We own the land. Plenty of room and would add another 8/9k bringing us up to 50,000 which is more than enough for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Personally I think building a new North stand on similar scale as holte is best current bet. We own the land. Plenty of room and would add another 8/9k bringing us up to 50,000 which is more than enough for the foreseeable future

Yes I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

EBH9MCYX4AEfzC_?format=jpg&name=medium

What are they going to do in January when Smith has been sacked and Grealish sold to Man United? 

🤪

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Sadly I don't see us filling in the corners. As mentioned above it's not practical on North stand end as long term North stand needs knocking down.

Holte end would lose the iconic build of the stand alone holte end, something I'm dead against. If we are looking at turning it into a bowl like all the rest then we may as well sell VP and start building a completely new modern stadium.

Could maybe build the two corner bits and not join them, then knock down the North using those side bits as accommodation for thos3 who lose their seats, then join it as the new one goes up.

Having watched how the Reactor at Chernobyl was covered over, nothing is impossible !

Good idea for the short term. Hopefully they change the 2 big lions in the tunnel so they too match the new design on the badge. I said a few pages back that it may sound petty but it’s really poor branding 

Â