Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

8 hours ago, sne said:

Could that also explain why the pitch has been below normal standards this season?

We were going to replace the pitch last summer, it'd reached the end of its natural life. They cost a couple of million quid or so to replace and the day Doctor XIa came over to look at lots of Villa things and think about where his money was going to be best spent, the pitch won Championship pitch of the year. On that basis, he decided it could wait. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I sat in the Lower North for the first time in years. What an absolute dump. I'm not sure what the lowlight was, from the grubby exterior, the Ryanair legroom, inadequate catering, or the only sink in the gent's being 20cm away and slightly lower than the nearest urinal, so you can't wash your hands without a cock in your peripheral vision... 

That thing being demolished can't come soon enough

The north stand is in bad need of development but that won’t be looked at till we ever get to premier league which is a good bit off 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This drives me insane. 

I always find it very difficult to piss when there are grubby hands being washed in my peripheral vision. 

If you're not paying attention you'll find yourself washing your hands in piss. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

This drives me insane. 

I always find it very difficult to piss when there are grubby hands being washed in my peripheral vision. 

Those people should be careful which hand wash they are using, whether its liquid yellow, gooey brown or silky white

• 2 months later...

Has apparently made the shortlist for stadiums for a UK and Ireland World Cup bid though its one of the smaller grounds on the shortlist. 

I wonder would we upgrade the stadium if we received approval

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has apparently made the shortlist for stadiums for a UK and Ireland World Cup bid though its one of the smaller grounds on the shortlist. 

We probably would, but I'm sure we would get games given there are no stadiums in the Midlands that are close to our capacity. So all we need is to be given the World Cup, as Theresa May would no doubt say "simples". ;)

Villa Park has been chosen to host some of the Rugby games for the common wealth games in Birmingham.

I'm of the understanding a new north stand will be built and that we'll get funding to help with it.

Edited by Donniewyer

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I Heard a while back we were getting a nice chunk of cash for improving the stadium for hosting the commonwealth games, still 3 years away but its all gone quiet over there as they say!

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I Heard a while back we were getting a nice chunk of cash for improving the stadium for hosting the commonwealth games, still 3 years away but its all gone quiet over there as they say!

I think Dr. X was going to use that money to improve the stadium with a theme park 😉

39 minutes ago, Kingman said:

To be fair they haven't even awarded a contact for the actual games stadium rebuild yet, we are probably well down the list for our lick of paint and jet wash of the North Stand.   Expect an announcement about 6 months before the games are due. 

2 hours ago, Donniewyer said:

I'm of the understanding a new north stand will be built and that we'll get funding to help with it.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I don't think there will be a new North Stand while we're in the championship.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Dr. X was going to use that money to improve the stadium with a theme park 😉

i think Dr X was going to use the games and the offer to help develop the city for the games to get some favours out of planning...

serious though if we are thinking of redeveloping the stadium, to the extent that we are thinking of knocking down and rebuilding the north that needs to be going through feasibility now, i would guess 6 months to a year for concept, basic design, planning, procurement and then 1 year to 18 months on site, so potentially 2 and half years away puts us at September 2021, if they wanted it open for that summer giving it a year of football before the games they have to be doing something right now

Â