Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

49 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He had a plan. Get promoted at any cost and sell up  in the belief that a Premier League club is worth a fortune. He no more cared what happened to the club than I care about the price of fish in Beijing. 

I think you are rite about the get promoted at any cost part, but to say he would of put the club up for sale just to make profit no one knows that answer. The only thing that suggests he wouldn't of done and sell villa for profit on promotion, is how much tony tried to keep the club at the time we was about to go extinct. Yes maybe he was holding out for the rite deal to get his money back but I do think he wanted to be owner all the way and selling was a very last resort.

I do think Tony thought about it alot, money was his game and as I said back in some posts his gamble nearly paid off, but his gamble also nearly cost us the world. To as I said I do not hate the man, but I do not like him either for what happened under his ownership. I think any person who plays with there assets like tony did, deserves to lose them in the end, you have to play it safe always, gambling loses you everything in the end. 

Tony certainly had a backup plan for if he lost the promotion gamble, in a way he was smart, his back up plan was N.S.W.E. Tony knew if he gambled to get us back up, if he failed, he could guarentee one thing, that his gamble  wouldnt cost him anything down the line, he would have most or all his money back he paid for villa and extra because of what he spent on players, bills, staff and so on.

I do wonder what total Tony has managed to get back out of Nas+Wes, I bet he's had over a couple hundred million, what do you guys think on what he has managed to claw back total???

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think you are rite about the get promoted at any cost part, but to say he would of put the club up for sale just to make profit no one knows that answer. The only thing that suggests he wouldn't of done and sell villa for profit on promotion, is how much tony tried to keep the club at the time we was about to go extinct. Yes maybe he was holding out for the rite deal to get his money back but I do think he wanted to be owner all the way and selling was a very last resort.

I do think Tony thought about it alot, money was his game and as I said back in some posts his gamble nearly paid off, but his gamble also nearly cost us the world. To as I said I do not hate the man, but I do not like him either for what happened under his ownership. I think any person who plays with there assets like tony did, deserves to lose them in the end, you have to play it safe always, gambling loses you everything in the end. 

Tony certainly had a backup plan for if he lost the promotion gamble, in a way he was smart, his back up plan was N.S.W.E. Tony knew if he gambled to get us back up, if he failed, he could guarentee one thing, that his gamble  wouldnt cost him anything down the line, he would have most or all his money back he paid for villa and extra because of what he spent on players, bills, staff and so on.

I do wonder what total Tony has managed to get back out of Nas+Wes, I bet he's had over a couple hundred million, what do you guys think on what he has managed to claw back total???

We need a centre Half......that's all i care about.

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need a centre Half......that's all i care about.

Not If it puts us in FFP punishment, look at blues now facing up to a 21 point punishment because of there last signing. I find it funny how they laughed like crazy when we were in trouble, bet they are not finding that funny now are they now it's all hit them.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Not If it puts us in FFP punishment, look at blues now facing up to a 21 point punishment because of there last signing. I find it funny how they laughed like crazy when we were in trouble, bet they are not finding that funny now are they now it's all hit them.

But in fairness, the points deduction is not because they breached FFP rules, but because they ignored the sanctions imposed upon them because of the rules breach, so it is a different scenario, and any club that does what they did deserves zero sympathy. (They deserve zero by default).... 

18 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Not as exciting as everyone thinks. If you look back at the transfers back in July, it confirms that 30,000,000 ordinary shares are held by NSWE; 24,545,454 ordinary shares by Recon Group Limited and 49,133,436 deferred shares owned by Recon Group Limited. This share purchase is for the deferred shares only. When taking out the deferred shares, NSWE have a 55% share; whilst Recon Group Limited has a 45% share (that is of 54,545,454 total shares). This would suggest to me that this transfer is simply consequential to the takeover generally rather than Tony being quietly bought out after the takeover. 

You can look at it via the Companies House Records of Recon Group UK Limited. Also given he is still referred to as Co-Chairman on "Who's who" I would suggest this means nothing has changed from the summer.

The tweet from Tony remains as enigmatic as all his others though... perhaps something has happened but we won't know about it for a couple of weeks when it arrives at Companies House. 

This post didn’t get enough attention. Xia is still very much part of Villa. These filings are just realigning things after the takeover but Xia still owns almost half of the club. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

And "nice" Tony also bare faced lied to the fans by saying they had planned for failing to get promoted and also insulted in a quite vile manner those who called him out who had actually rumbled him for what he was. 

He was found to be lying at the very start, about the nature of Samuelson's involvement, which made some people wary about him.  It was also never possible to get verifiable information about his claimed wealth.  I didn't understand the adulation for him, and the willingness to take all his claims at face value.  Chancer.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-xia-not-sold-remaining-15181698

Tony Xia has NOT sold his remaining Aston Villa shares - here's what's happened

Tony Xia has written off £49million worth of shares, it can be revealed.

The former majority owner of Aston Villa released the huge amount to help the summer takeover go through smoothly.

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens were only prepared to invest £30million for a 55 per-cent share of the club.

And for that to happen, Xia had to write off a portion of the shares.

The Chinese businessman has NOT sold his remaining stake, though, and still retains a 45 per-cent control of the club.

The recent filings on Companies House were related to the paperwork from the summer takeover. It was simply a realigning of the shares.

Confusion followed in some quarters after the file arrived hot on the heels of a broken-hearted emoji-filled tweet from Xia which read: “No matter what happened, you cannot disappear from my world.”

But it related back to the summer rather than a recent change.

While the RECON chairman still retains his minority stake, he no longer has a deciding say on the day-to-day running of the club.

Xia no longer visits games and has been cast aside from making key decisions as Sawiris and Edens take the lead role.

It’s also understood that Xia could see his stake in the club reduced further if he fails to match the equity injections of NSWE.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, peterms said:

He was found to be lying at the very start, about the nature of Samuelson's involvement, which made some people wary about him.  It was also never possible to get verifiable information about his claimed wealth.  I didn't understand the adulation for him, and the willingness to take all his claims at face value.  Chancer.

Hope more than anything at the time I think. I'm certainly guilty of it. Hook, line and sinker me. Fresh and Crowd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I will never forgive him. This magnificent institution lasted 144 years through good years and bad years but whatever dark days there have been through that 144 years no one ever took this club to the very brink of extinction.  Tony did within just 2 years of his tenure through catastrophic negligence.

The board of 1968 says Hi

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I will never forgive him. This magnificent institution lasted 144 years through good years and bad years but whatever dark days there have been through that 144 years no one ever took this club to the very brink of extinction.  Tony did within just 2 years of his tenure through catastrophic negligence. That he was good intentioned and didn't mean it just doesn't wash. 

He had his eyes open the whole time and deliberately caused the scenario we found ourselves in.  He was like a gambling addict at the table throwing in the deeds to his house on the last hand. 

And "nice" Tony also bare faced lied to the fans by saying they had planned for failing to get promoted and also insulted in a quite vile manner those who called him out who had actually rumbled him for what he was. 

I will never look on him fondly and cannot understand any sentiment for the man who deliberately took reckless action which nearly destroyed this club. 

Absolutely not defending him - for the record.

But he inherited us in a unique position financially with respect to the other 144 years of existence.

Yes we've gone down before but never when finances have been so crazy, with such a high wage bill and such a high drop in revenue.

He obviously mismanaged the situation and again, I am not defending him but it may have been naivety more than something sinister - which doesn't make it any better for anyone involved but just thought I'd add my two penneth worth.

I will not look on him fondly but then I could say the same of any owner we've had during my lifetime so he's hardly standing out from the crowd in that respect.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hope more than anything at the time I think. I'm certainly guilty of it. Hook, line and sinker me. Fresh and Crowd.

Yep this for me too.

I believed him, because I wanted to that much. His enthusiasm was infectious, he said (mostly) all the right things, some nice PR stuff especially early on. 

We needed some feel good attitude and interaction after the years of the years of apparent cold indifference of Randy.

I had hoped he was the start of a new exciting chapter in Villa’s history. Now I just hope he’s the end of the previous, sorry chapter and that Sawiris & Edens are the beginning of better times.

I’m also stunned he gets any support on here. I think he could well have just duped us all from day one. All of his ridiculous studies etc. and I think basically every Chinese person I know or have ever spoken to speaks better English than this alleged billionaire businessman. There has been no evidence at any point as to his wealth and it’s sources. All we know is that he has leveraged the club to near-death and then sought a bail out from persons who now seemingly won’t give him the time of day. 

The sooner he is consigned to a small part of our ever expanding history book of hell, the better. 

He’s like that Southampton player that was essentially a pub player and somehow got a PL run out (I forget his name). 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

They weren’t great, for sure, but the gap between their ambition and their failure wasn’t quite so big.

For real ? Villa's lowest ebb, Division 3 football, and bankrupt. 

For one thing these are different times and fans DEMAND instant success, what was Xia supposed to come in and say ? "We just expect to stay in the Championship as that's about our level" ? New owners come into big clubs and make big claims. I'm sure Xia regrets his wild claims of Champions League football, but I suspect he had been badly guided and believed it was possible at the time.

Nobody really knows what would have happened had we got promoted in that first season. It doesn't matter whose money it was, we spent enough for us all to rightfully expect promotion at the first attempt. If he'd got it right perhaps he'd have bet again. Xia gambled, and lost. At the end of the day whether by luck or by judgement he secured new owners (who on the face of it seem to be serious) at the right time rather than pursue the line that would have seen us bankrupt with a point deduction, and facing extinction.

I'm no fan of his, this isn't a defence of him, Xia was a fool for sure, but not our worst owner by a long way.

21 minutes ago, dukes said:

For real ? Villa's lowest ebb, Division 3 football, and bankrupt. 

For one thing these are different times and fans DEMAND instant success, what was Xia supposed to come in and say ? "We just expect to stay in the Championship as that's about our level" ? New owners come into big clubs and make big claims. I'm sure Xia regrets his wild claims of Champions League football, but I suspect he had been badly guided and believed it was possible at the time.

Nobody really knows what would have happened had we got promoted in that first season. It doesn't matter whose money it was, we spent enough for us all to rightfully expect promotion at the first attempt. If he'd got it right perhaps he'd have bet again. Xia gambled, and lost. At the end of the day whether by luck or by judgement he secured new owners (who on the face of it seem to be serious) at the right time rather than pursue the line that would have seen us bankrupt with a point deduction, and facing extinction.

I'm no fan of his, this isn't a defence of him, Xia was a fool for sure, but not our worst owner by a long way.

Obviously I respect different opinions, even where we disagree.

I did just want to mention though that the old board in 1968 left us in Division Two not Division Three.  It was the new Board and Tommy Docherty who wasted the momentum of the second half of 1968-69, made some poor decisions in the summer of 1969 and ultimately took us down to our lowest ebb of relegation to Division Three.

Not that I remember any of it....13 years or so before I was born!

• Like 1

Â