Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

On 22/07/2018 at 08:55, villan-scott said:

Where’s @Deisler123 at I wonder? And his thoughts?

It is possibly the best deal that one can imagine for now, assuming the new owners have good intentions (I don't see why not).

Just hope the take over can be completed sooner. Don't want this to drag into the new season.

Just now, villan-scott said:

Welcome back Deisler! I hope you’ve enjoyed your sabbatical

What are your thoughts on the recent ongoings at Villa?

This is perhaps what most Villa fans want, myself included. 

Things have to move on. Let's hope it works out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

It is possibly the best deal that one can imagine for now, assuming the new owners have good intentions (I don't see why not).

Just hope the take over can be completed sooner. Don't want this to drag into the new season.

Agreed. On the face of it, it would be impossible to make up a better scenario for the club. Hopefully these guys have good intentions and can deliver for us. 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2018 at 09:44, mjmooney said:

It'll be good when this thread gets moved to Other Football (or, for the good of football, Off Topic).

I have a feeling it will only be dragged back into here within a month or so, so we may as well leave it here for the time being. ;)

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully the one good thing Tony has done (unlike his predecessor) is to sell to the right owners. Time will tell.

That's exactly what we said about Ellis. 

And Lerner. 

Lerner got scared and Xia got broke. These two chaps appear to have earned their wealth as opposed to inheriting it. I don't see them wasting money or making promises or wild judgements. Eden's has his own sports connections and must have worked with Sawiris previously so they trust each others judgement. The fact our other owner wasn't at the interview speaks volumes for me and I don't think we will see him again. Good riddance. I can't see the new guys doing a "Sit with Xia" competition every few weeks. But I fully expect at least one of them to be at every home game. If only to be able to judge Bruce first hand and not take someone else's word for it.

So all his cronies are removed as directors and he is very conspicuous by his absence. Clearly not involved any longer or why was he not involved in the talks yesterday that could have ended with the sacking of the manager. Surely as part of a 3 man board he would have had some say in that decision. Clock keeps ticking.

7 minutes ago, dukes said:

So all his cronies are removed as directors and he is very conspicuous by his absence. Clearly not involved any longer or why was he not involved in the talks yesterday that could have ended with the sacking of the manager. Surely as part of a 3 man board he would have had some say in that decision. Clock keeps ticking.

Don't be surprised to see him first home game of the season, doing a 3hr long lap of honour and romantically nourishing himself in the centre circle.

• Like 1

Â