Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

For all Xia faults I think Hollis should be another one never allowed near Villa Park again since he is held in high regard by some. He was the clearing in the woods that brought Xia to the club and approved the owner

His brief was to find a buyer - nothing more nothing less.  The fact that we were up for sales for two years and the best that could be found was Xia - should worry the hell out of villa fans.

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

His brief was to find a buyer - nothing more nothing less.  The fact that we were up for sales for two years and the best that could be found was Xia - should worry the hell out of villa fans.

At the time of the sale, Hollis stated that there were 2 or 3 interested parties but Tony was the preferred option as they (Randy & Hollis) liked his vision for the club.

I rewatched the interview Hollis gave recently to remind myself.

Edit - interview can be found here

Aston Villa chairman Steve Hollis tells BBC Midlands Today that he is impressed by prospective new owner Dr Tony Xia's ambitions for the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36331618

Whether Tony was the best, who knows? But it seems slightly strange that a few weeks later Wolves were bought by another Chinese group. Although I still don’t like the set up there, Fosun are clearly better owners.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Unpopular opinion.

However if things turn out the way we think they should.

He should get some credit for chucking everything at it for 2 years and passing us on to the "right" people.

IMO of course.

Meanwhile everyone has been having public meltdowns, perhaps he has been working on a deal like this, and secretly Wyness is seething because HE wanted to make a few mill off of us via a deal fit for himself?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unpopular opinion.

He should get some credit for chucking everything at it for 2 years and passing us on to the "right" people.

IMO of course.

Meanwhile everyone has been having public meltdowns, perhaps he has been working on a deal like this, and secretly Wyness is seething because HE wanted to make a few mill off of us via a deal fit for himself?

He has made us an embarrassment with his lack of any business basics

He might have got lucky here and can shove his emojis where sun dont shine

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The new guys are obviously letting him be the boardroom mascot like Randy allowed Doug to be.

Let's hope there's an immediate Twitter ban for him to go along with his new position.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unpopular opinion.

IMO of course.

I'm going to say that's a very unpopular opinion, there's a big difference between chucking everything he had at it and chucking everything the club had at it risking the future of the club.

• Like 2

Xia said he had problems because of The Chinese economy. The Brum Mail interpret this as the old argument that he couldn’t get money out of the country. That isn’t what he said, he blamed the economy and since his “empire”,  if ever there was one, has clearly crumbled, with reports of him being torn off a strip by their stock exchange, he is using the economy as an excuse for the mess he has created. 

Are the journalists at The Mail now incapable of understanding even basic English? Even the version used my Xia. It beggars belief that these people are the main voice for our great city. No wonder we get ignored! ?

• Like 1

Â