Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, Kingman said:

Just rename the North Stand for £50m and call it whatever the **** you want. 

For **** sake just please get on with it you incompetent cockwomble. 

Who do you think is paying more than a tenner to sponsor the stadium's shittest stand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Just rename the North Stand for £50m and call it whatever the **** you want. 

For **** sake just please get on with it you incompetent cockwomble. 

This is all the evidence for me that he has no money. 

If he did we would have sponsorship on each stand, on Villa Park and on every conceivable space in the stadium.

And we would have had this from day one. 

Instead we have a half arsed naming of the training ground after the horse has bolted. He hasn't got a penny. 

However I am sure someone would give us enough money to pay Micah Richards wages for one week to name the North Stand after their company for 5 years, so why the hell haven't we done it?  Every other club seems to do this. We are up the creek without a canoe and yet we haven't even seemingly started to check the back of the sofa! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kingman said:

One if the doc's 95 companies he's supposed to own.

Is anyone still pretending the guy is in any position to fund the club? 

Obviously it remains a mystery as to whether he's just broke, or whether there's anything to the claims he just can't get money out of China, but that's pretty inconsequential really. 

3 hours ago, Tony said:

But I thought “little bit more than dollar billionaires” were supposed to have there own jets. 

I think the bailiffs may have taken that.;)

• Haha 1

Sooo. where should he have spent less to protect the club ?

spent less on players. brought in less known advisors ?

Surely if he made less money available to spend on players. He would still be slated

If he brought in a manager and support team we had never heard of, We would be bemoaning That we wanted a big name  and that he was a cheap skate

But I see what you are saying @sidcow He did not carry out his duties as Chairman.

If we had won against Fulham we would all be saying different 

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is anyone still pretending the guy is in any position to fund the club? 

Obviously it remains a mystery as to whether he's just broke, or whether there's anything to the claims he just can't get money out of China, but that's pretty inconsequential really. 

I thought the latter point was settled some time ago?  China relaxed currency curbs nearly a year ago.  The excuse that he "can't get funds out of China" is bizarre invention.

He may have severe cashflow problems, given that the biggest of his Chinese companies (such as they are) have been losing money for years.  Indeed its questionable given his recent statements (and what you've suffered since he took over) whether he has any money at all in the conventional sense.  But if he had ready money, there is nothing that would stop him from bringing it from China to the UK to meet end of month financial deadlines (as opposed to - say - mortgaging future transfer income)

Still you have to admire Xia for his academic achievements, at least.  I'm sure as he struggles with funding crises in China and Birmingham, his degree in landscape architecture will come in super handily.

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

This is all the evidence for me that he has no money

If he did we would have sponsorship on each stand, on Villa Park and on every conceivable space in the stadium.

And we would have had this from day one. 

Instead we have a half arsed naming of the training ground after the horse has bolted. He hasn't got a penny. 

However I am sure someone would give us enough money to pay Micah Richards wages for one week to name the North Stand after their company for 5 years, so why the hell haven't we done it?  Every other club seems to do this. We are up the creek without a canoe and yet we haven't even seemingly started to check the back of the sofa! 

I'm not necessarily backing Xia, but by this logic all of the clubs in the Championship owners would be frauds with "no money" then.

Again I think people frustrations are making them throw reasonable thought out the window.

Does the "Recon Training " BMH Centre sponsorship mean he is a trillionaire then?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 hours ago, John said:

In this case he may have had little choice because I don't think there are any direct flights from China to Birmingham. ;)

I'm sorry - he is suppose to be a billionaire...... Where is his private jet? Randy had one.....

*edit* ah, beaten to it.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not necessarily backing Xia, but by this logic all of the clubs in the Championship owners would be frauds with "no money" then.

Again I think people frustrations are making them throw reasonable thought out the window.

Does the "Recon Training " BMH Centre sponsorship mean he is a trillionaire then?

No, it means that the other clubs in the Championship are not owned by Billionaires who have multiple businesses as Xia purports to be. 

Look at other clubs owned by Billionaires with lots of businesses interests and they plow money in from all sorts of angles. 

We don't even have The Lotus Health stand.  

Transfer fee's have been a part of all this losing money, but the wages have crucified us.

That's just irresponsible management of the highest order.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm sorry - he is suppose to be a billionaire...... Where is his private jet? Randy had one.....

*edit* ah, beaten to it.

He has probably just watched the box set and thought he was one.

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Sooo. where should he have spent less to protect the club ?

spent less on players. brought in less known advisors ?

Surely if he made less money available to spend on players. He would still be slated

If he brought in a manager and support team we had never heard of, We would be bemoaning That we wanted a big name  and that he was a cheap skate

But I see what you are saying @sidcow He did not carry out his duties as Chairman.

If we had won against Fulham we would all be saying different 

You make a good point when you say that he employed people to run the club. I believe they are also culpable. But when you own anything, the buck stops at you. When you employ people you still have a responsibility for their performance. You can’t just walk away from responsibility. You take the praise for the success, you have to take the flack for failure. 

As for if we had won the play off final everything would be fine, I’m not so sure. I believe that would have papered over the cracks. We may not be having this conversation now, but at some point in the future we probably would. Poor business is poor business no matter what level you’re at. With the money washing about the Premier League, I shudder to think the kind of debt the clowns running the club, Xia being at the head, would have got us into. We’re up to our necks in it now, we may have drowned without trace in a sea of debt in a year or two had we been promoted to “The Promised Land”. 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

You make a good point when you say that he employed people to run the club. I believe they are also culpable. But when you own anything, the buck stops at you. When you employ people you still have a responsibility for their performance. You can’t just walk away from responsibility. You take the praise for the success, you have to take the flack for failure. 

As for if we had won the play off final everything would be fine, I’m not so sure. I believe that would have papered over the cracks. We may not be having this conversation now, but at some point in the future we probably would. Poor business is poor business no matter what level you’re at. With the money washing about the Premier League, I shudder to think the kind of debt the clowns running the club, Xia being at the head, would have got us into. We’re up to our necks in it now, we may have drowned without trace in a sea of debt in a year or two had we been promoted to “The Promised Land”. 

The debt for share swap Xia did the day before the playoff finals suggests he was planning a quick flip to another owner had you gone up, netting Tony a good few quid in the process.  That’s what he was counting on, and in all likelihood it would all have turned out ok had the ball landed on the black not the red.  He isn’t/wasn’t into Villa for the long haul but as a short term gamble which has  - sadly for the fans more than anything - gone badly wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

*edit* ah, beaten to it.

It's probably true that if you can't afford a private jet, it's a very strong indication that you can't afford an historic football club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Let’s hope one of our illustrious journalists are trying to track him down and corner him 

Only if they can find him in their office, they never go outside and do any real journalism these days. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

What is going on and where did the money go then dick head? (NOTE: This is back in September of 2016)

To think we've made loads of money on player sales too. The whole situation is so ****. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 10.13.42.jpg

Tbf, the parachute payments aren't there so clubs can buy lots of players, it's there to cover wages due to the huge disparity between PL and Championship incomes. 

People seem to really struggle to comprehend this and everyone seems to assume all relegated teams have this huge advantage of parachute money where the vast majority will be spent covering the income shortfall due to inflated PL wages. The way to get the most benefit seems to be by being a yo yo club, where the overall club costs haven't had a chance to inflate so much but even then it's not a huge amount as now even clubs like Cardiff and Huddersfield will have to spend £20m and £50k a week on squad players because everyone in the world knows that they have the resources to do so 

• Like 3

Â