Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would we be a more attractive proposition for potential buyers if we went in to administration? 

I'm not an accountant but I assume we would be. Going into Administration would mean that whoever owns the debt would have to take a write down on it to keep the club solvent.  

It's quite simple. Xia still believes in few years we can get to Premier League. Cardiff has shown spending next to nothing can mean promotion. 

If we go up to BPL the value of the team will increase tenfolds. 

To make it to the BLP the club needs to exist and the way this moron is going our club will not be around long enough to get promoted.  If we go into administration we lose points so no promotion that season either. 

1 hour ago, slovenian said:

Please god no. Mandaric is a charlatan of the highest order, currently destroying my hometown Olimpija. True, we won the title last season but his promise 'homegrown talent and attacking style of play' is total bs. Its purely business for him, he sells every player he can and sacks managers for no good reason... patience of the fans is slowly running out, i don't want him anywhere near the Villa.

You won the title and your saying he is no good??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Swear I've just seen the European Cup in the window of Cash Converters in Perry Barr.

I can confirm this, they were on the shelf between the deeds for Villa park and Micha Richards.

Edited by dounavilla

Seems to me Xia won't sell to anyone outside china. Perhaps he can lean on a few people in china to look the other way - where as if he sells elsewhere any sale will be scrutinised more closely ....all IMO of course.

20 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

He's a charlatan, and he needs to be nowhere our invaluable institution. He doesn't deserve it. 

Rubbish. Id have Mandric over Xia any day. Xia is the biggest fraud and liar ever to have been in charge of our club. 

• Like 1

Brum Mail reporting that Xia is now in the country. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-xia-jets-crunch-talks-14909673.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Tony Xia has jetted into London and is expected to meet with senior Aston Villa officials to discuss the times ahead.

The owner was last in the country for the play-off final defeat to Fulham - the catalyst for Villa’s summer of misery.

Since losing at Wembley, Villa have endured a worrying period of uncertainty, with Xia remaining in China.

He told his assistant, Ho, and chief commercial officer Luke Organ, to break the news to Steve Round about his sacking.

Edited by Sam3773

37 minutes ago, KHV said:

Rubbish. Id have Mandric over Xia any day. Xia is the biggest fraud and liar ever to have been in charge of our club. 

Not trying to be a snark but when it comes to the next owner, just cos they are not the current one does not mean they are better. 

42 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not trying to be a snark but when it comes to the next owner, just cos they are not the current one does not mean they are better. 

You make a good point. But doesn’t mean they’ll be worse either. In fact our current owner is setting the bar incredibly low. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You make a good point. But doesn’t mean they’ll be worse either. In fact our current owner is setting the bar incredibly low. 

An advantage is that Mandaric is a known entity. Xia and Lerner never owned football clubs before, Mandaric has.

Fans of the three English teams he's turned around before rave about him. So you are correct, @Jareth not all grass will be greener, but this grass isn't exactly unknown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree with you, I'm just reflecting on some gushing Randy comments of late, the whole but yeah at least it was his cash is a shocking argument, Randy put us here, Tony has completely screwed it up though. The next person in is vital, not sure Mandaric is the answer, nor some speculative American group. I think I'm coming around to the argument that we need someone motivated and loyal, my god Howard Hodgson just popped into my mind - and my god that makes me choke. But I see why. 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You won the title and your saying he is no good??

He sacked the manager (Igor Biščan) weeks after winning the title for no good reason and sold every player that he could. It's all about making quick profit for him.

36 minutes ago, slovenian said:

He sacked the manager (Igor Biščan) weeks after winning the title for no good reason and sold every player that he could. It's all about making quick profit for him.

To be fair based on what I have read, he is always honest in saying that "eventually he will leave, but your club will be debt free and on a better footing".

Surely he should get some credit for developing a team good enough to win the title in the first place?

I understand your sentiment though.

He still seems smarter than our current bunch though. lol

1 hour ago, slovenian said:

There is only one single possible way to make money out of Aston Villa for anyone who purchases us now. 

3 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

.......and I thought all those people protesting and marching in London was because of Trump?  How stupid was I. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â