Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mandaric is 80 years old in September. Not sure he the long term answer 

It's not what he does. He turns clubs around and then flogs them to long term owners for a profit. Seems pretty good at it and exactly what we need. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mandaric is 80 years old in September.

Give him a five year contract, Richards needs company. 

Seeeerizly tho, if Tone is turning down offers that match his demands he must be expecting better offers to follow.

I must be missing something, Lerner spent two years trying to sell the club and struggled. By the time Lerner sold there was no debt, but we’d been relegated. Xia reportedly paid £80M.

Now, two years later the club is leveraged to the hilt and he’s turning down offers that value the club at more than he paid for it.....how can that be ? 

Something doesn’t ring true here, if Xia carries on taking loans at the rate he has been his ‘investment’ will be worth zero...why would he reject bids out of hand without negotiation ? 

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Isn't he the guy that let Redknapp destroy Portsmouth for short term success?

Apparently him and Harry actually bumped heads because he wanted a long term sustainable model and Harry wanted large brown paper bags and instant success.

I've also read that he fixes clubs and leaves them debt free.

Please god no. Mandaric is a charlatan of the highest order, currently destroying my hometown Olimpija. True, we won the title last season but his promise 'homegrown talent and attacking style of play' is total bs. Its purely business for him, he sells every player he can and sacks managers for no good reason... patience of the fans is slowly running out, i don't want him anywhere near the Villa.

• Thanks 1

It makes me laugh that Meaning Evil completely fabricate a click bait story about Xia turning down a takeover and everyone believes it's true and start arguing about it. 

I am pretty sure that VT could debate if scotch mist is grey or blue. 

Still I am sure it's done its job and driven a few more people to digest some adverts on their website. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dukes said:

I must be missing something, Lerner spent two years trying to sell the club and struggled. By the time Lerner sold there was no debt, but we’d been relegated. Xia reportedly paid £80M.

Now, two years later the club is leveraged to the hilt and he’s turning down offers that value the club at more than he paid for it.....how can that be ? 

Something doesn’t ring true here, if Xia carries on taking loans at the rate he has been his ‘investment’ will be worth zero...why would he reject bids out of hand without negotiation ? 

Non of it makes sense which leads me to believe it’s all bollocks. I don’t think anybody is going to takeover Aston Villa anytime soon.

Would we be a more attractive proposition for potential buyers if we went in to administration? 

Â