Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, TheEgo said:

There WERE stringent rules for a time, but they were relaxed around November/Dec last year. It's not a valid excuse now. I don'y think Xia is broke, but actual cash has gone. He isn't really actually our owner if you follow the trail (which is hard to do) THAT is what worries me more than the current plight. I hate not knowing who actually owns us and those of us who are worried have a good to be (if you're not, then fair enough, but at least go and do some research/or not) Xia's mystery 'partners' those that own the majority of the shares in the companies that own us, should be a concern for ALL fans despite the conjecture and speculation. 

1. We need to know who owns us

2. What specifically Xia is doing to stabilize our  finances and club

He has no actual cash. So any money at the moment is DEBT.

If you were told before the season (or 2 seasons ago) we can go for broke and try to get promoted in two years, HOWEVER the money will be gone OR we can slowly build and use a sustainable model, it will take a few years, but the club won't be put at risk. I refuse to believe any fan wold have chose the former. We weren't given a choice and it is solely down to Xia and Wyness. We would have moaned for sure, but we would never want the club's future played with. The least to blame in all this is the fans. 

I can see you're well up to speed on Chinese business regulations @TheEgo

Given what you know about xia's cash shortcomings, do you have anything concrete about potential takeovers happening or do you believe the  "ultimate" owner of our club has structured the position to make a sale difficult? For whatever reason that may be.

Don't want to put you on the spot but in the absence of anything from the club I'd like to know how "ITK" you or others actually are.

This isn't a challenge to what you've stated previously, just a desire to know if anyone knows WTF is actually going on.

4 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I dont think that's true at all. If people disagreeing with you upsets you enough to not post your view, that's your problem. VT is a well moderated platform where poor behaviour isn't tolerated. 

Just to clarify my position again, I don't want to ask questions of Xia, I want him gone. I want more fan representation in the club, a new owner that won't promise Champion's League domination, but will promise to forge a distinct Villa identity and a innovative long term approach that leverages our large fanbase, revenue potential and catchment for young players. 

And while the situation obviously isn't great, I'm not going to believe that the sky is falling in, just because it happened to Leeds. There's not clear evidence for that yet. 

Not talking about me or really just this site. Just a comment in general. Proof of this was when he purchased the club, fans on here, blogs elsewhere and some journalists all raised concerns and asked sensible questions and yet were absolutely shot down. @Richardwas someone who i remember it happening to and I feel guilty as i was someone who didn't want to hear it. I think that mindset in fans does make it difficult to raise concerns. Look how long it took before people really turned on lerner. Even then, those who organised protests were met with ridicule and negativity. 

Can see similar happening already. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheEgo said:

There WERE stringent rules for a time, but they were relaxed around November/Dec last year. It's not a valid excuse now. I don'y think Xia is broke, but actual cash has gone. He isn't really actually our owner if you follow the trail (which is hard to do) THAT is what worries me more than the current plight. I hate not knowing who actually owns us and those of us who are worried have a good to be (if you're not, then fair enough, but at least go and do some research/or not) Xia's mystery 'partners' those that own the majority of the shares in the companies that own us, should be a concern for ALL fans despite the conjecture and speculation. 

1. We need to know who owns us

2. What specifically Xia is doing to stabilize our  finances and club

He has no actual cash. So any money at the moment is DEBT.

If you were told before the season (or 2 seasons ago) we can go for broke and try to get promoted in two years, HOWEVER the money will be gone OR we can slowly build and use a sustainable model, it will take a few years, but the club won't be put at risk. I refuse to believe any fan wold have chose the former. We weren't given a choice and it is solely down to Xia and Wyness. We would have moaned for sure, but we would never want the club's future played with. The least to blame in all this is the fans. 

And this is why the argument put forward about fans complaining is weak. 

I remember before we had relegation confirmed but knew it was happening, a lot of fans were talking about this being an opportunity to rebuild and do things right. Yet we put far too much trust in the owner and he just ended up making things worse. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

If this viewpoint has felt muzzled it certainly hasn't prevented it from being aired, regularly and often without evidence. 

Well you choose to ignore evidence but hey that is up to you. And while the viewpoint has been aired on here it will be interesting to see the reaction if it continues and questions get harder to answer. Maybe others will be asked to apologise for their insults to others. 

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well you choose to ignore evidence but hey that is up to you. And while the viewpoint has been aired on here it will be interesting to see the reaction if it continues and questions get harder to answer. Maybe others will be asked to apologise for their insults to others. 

Last time we had this discussion I had no choice but to ignore the evidence behind your claims, because you either wouldn't, or dare I say couldn't, produce it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Last time we had this discussion I had no choice but to ignore the evidence behind your claims, because you either wouldn't, or dare I say couldn't, produce it.

No, you got annoyed and asked me to provide evidence for a statement i never made. 24 hours after insulting someone for asking questions. 

This is the kind of thing i was referring to in earlier posts. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

No, you got annoyed and asked me to provide evidence for a statement i never made. 24 hours after insulting someone for asking questions. 

This is the kind of thing i was referring to in earlier posts. 

You're possibly taking it all too personally. If anybody wants to share some properly sourced information, call it a smoking gun, that backs up everything they are claiming, then who would not look at that seriously? To simply say, Tony is dishonest (your claim) or that he's borrowed the lot etc - then prove it. Saying 'trust me' is not going to cut the mustard.

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

So it seems Tony is just the front man for some unknown Chinese investors? 

I don't think it's as black and white as that, he's definitely not the main holder of shares in our parent company though

1 hour ago, Darth Villa said:

I can see you're well up to speed on Chinese business regulations @TheEgo

Given what you know about xia's cash shortcomings, do you have anything concrete about potential takeovers happening or do you believe the  "ultimate" owner of our club has structured the position to make a sale difficult? For whatever reason that may be.

Don't want to put you on the spot but in the absence of anything from the club I'd like to know how "ITK" you or others actually are.

This isn't a challenge to what you've stated previously, just a desire to know if anyone knows WTF is actually going on.

The only thing I do know is there is absolutely concrete interest from 2 different sources. One home and one abroad. I don't know any of the details though. Xia is very open to go though.

• Thanks 1

Im not itk per se however I used to work within the game from a commercial standpoint and I know a few peeps who are still involved in the game relatively high up in there respective food chains.

Now ever since Xia took control there had been whispers of his true wealth & intentions yet I chose to ignore it without any proof to the contrary. However I was speaking with a former owner of a club and he was saying that he has heard some very worrying things regarding us and  Xia over the past two years and that we should be worried about what Xia keeping control will mean to us long term. In  his words, if he stays for this season next summer will make this one look like a party in comparison. He will gut this club of all available assets to pay the bills as he Cannot and that Xia is hiding behind the fact his wealth cannot be easily verified due to the nature of Chinese business practises. What else he said would be difficult to put out there as without proof is borderline libellous. But let’s just say it ain’t pretty and we are **** with Xia staying in power. Also said Wyness was bad news from day one and that  he wouldn’t be surprised if we settled with Wyness quickly to stifle him from spilling some painful truths. Xia can’t come back from this and he expects us to be sold by Christmas 

Whatever the outcome of the meeting with Shaun Harvey at the EFL, I will 100% go with - that is the only authority that can ask the right questions and they say they are going to get to the bottom of it. I hope after that meeting we can all draw a line.

One shady character with a dubious past investigating a complex owner hiding in China. Yep I’m sure he will get to the bottom of it all so we can all sleep better and get back to hanging onto Xia twitter words. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

You're possibly taking it all too personally. If anybody wants to share some properly sourced information, call it a smoking gun, that backs up everything they are claiming, then who would not look at that seriously? To simply say, Tony is dishonest (your claim) or that he's borrowed the lot etc - then prove it. Saying 'trust me' is not going to cut the mustard.

Hilarious. 

I didn't claim he was dishonest. I said i was becoming increasingly concerned he was dishonest. 

And lots of things have been posted. Like i said you choose to ignore it. Good for you.  

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Whatever the outcome of the meeting with Shaun Harvey at the EFL, I will 100% go with - that is the only authority that can ask the right questions and they say they are going to get to the bottom of it. I hope after that meeting we can all draw a line.

Yeah, the EFL have never let someone dodgy own a club. 

100% go with them. Good lord. 

If we're as screwed as we all fear then it should become obvious very soon. It's one thing to give the Scottish Cafu a new contract but we need new players and if they're not forthcoming soon then i'm less bothered about Xia's alleged corruption than I will be by the big fecking holes in the team on our newly laid pitch.

My only rational conclusion is that we need clarity above everything else right now. Everything else is irrelevant until we know who owns us, what their real intent is and how that translates into a team on the pitch and cash in the bank.

For those amongst us who may have connections, please use them to encourage appropriate transparency, as that's the very least we all deserve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, the EFL have never let someone dodgy own a club. 

100% go with them. Good lord. 

The thing is, if you're going to dismiss what they say, before they've said it, then it's just another indication that your mind is made up, regardless of how this develops. I would hope you could indicate an authority that you would believe? (Other than yourself).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Im not itk per se however I used to work within the game from a commercial standpoint and I know a few peeps who are still involved in the game relatively high up in there respective food chains.

Now ever since Xia took control there had been whispers of his true wealth & intentions yet I chose to ignore it without any proof to the contrary. However I was speaking with a former owner of a club and he was saying that he has heard some very worrying things regarding us and  Xia over the past two years and that we should be worried about what Xia keeping control will mean to us long term. In  his words, if he stays for this season next summer will make this one look like a party in comparison. He will gut this club of all available assets to pay the bills as he Cannot and that Xia is hiding behind the fact his wealth cannot be easily verified due to the nature of Chinese business practises. What else he said would be difficult to put out there as without proof is borderline libellous. But let’s just say it ain’t pretty and we are **** with Xia staying in power. Also said Wyness was bad news from day one and that  he wouldn’t be surprised if we settled with Wyness quickly to stifle him from spilling some painful truths. Xia can’t come back from this and he expects us to be sold by Christmas 

What a load of nonsense. 

Â