Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Interesting slant on Xia here - one of the more credible sources puts forward the strongest case yet that Xia has no real wealth

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/16/sky-sports-johnny-phillips-two-years-on-just-who-is-tony-xia/

Last week SupChina, a leading Chinese business analysis website, reported that Xia has been associated with three main companies – the Shanghai-listed Lotus, which manufactures food supplement MSG, Teamax, a smart city planning and construction firm, and cable manufacturer Recon.

“Lotus has been losing money consistently for the past 15 years, with those in charge blaming old equipment and too many employees,” they reported.

Xia sold his 18.8 per cent holding in Recon earlier this year, shortly before the stock went into freefall losing more than half its value in a number of weeks. The current boss is listed as Xia Jianjun, rumoured to be his brother, not Tony himself.

As for Teamax, Xia said he sold it for hundreds of millions of dollars prior to buying Aston Villa in May 2016. In true China fashion, however, it’s virtually impossible to check who Xia really is and how many companies he effectively controls.”

It would almost seem from that article that Xia is little more than an employee of Recon - real shades of Carson Yeaung ......if true of course. The case that Xia has no money appears to be growing stronger.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just listened to a podcast with neutrals and Villa fans. A Lot of valid points and similar to what I have intimated.

He/we took a huge gamble on players/wages over 2 years and failed, just as every fan would have wanted, in turn compounding financial implications - Fans "What a d*ckhead and sh*t business man, you think they would know how to run a club" (After promotion failure)

If he had come in and said "We are going to build slowly, reduce wages, and make a big push when we are self sustainable" FANS - "What a d*ckhead, should be spending 899 million of his 900 million pound fortune on us, Aston Villa deserve success now"

?

Again, quick to turn on the people who have sacrificed a sh*t load to try and get the club back where it wants to be, but not the clowns who were tasked with the mission, and pretty much given better resources than 90 percent of the clubs in the League.

Others keep saying "He is a liar, he's said he can't get money out of China" - When did he say this? (He didn't)

If the reports of him having had to invest 4 - 5 million per season just to cover losses, I genuinely can't see how people cannot get the math.

The very same people who call press talk bollox lap it up when it goes along with their feelings or subconscious agenda.

1) This has been mentioned a few times and it is just so weak I can't believe it continues to be used as some sort of defence. 

You genuinely believe a self made billionaire (alleged) should gamble the future of his business because people who don't know all the financial details he does, want him to.

And that's actually a defence of the man? Astonishing. 

2) do people say this? It has been suggested, again as a defence of him, and people have said it isn't the case. Don't think they have called him a liar. His honesty has been questioned regarding his true wealth. 

3) in that first paragraph are you not doing exactly what you are moaning about in the 2nd?

53 minutes ago, hippo said:

Interesting slant on Xia here - one of the more credible sources puts forward the strongest case yet that Xia has no real wealth

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/16/sky-sports-johnny-phillips-two-years-on-just-who-is-tony-xia/

Last week SupChina, a leading Chinese business analysis website, reported that Xia has been associated with three main companies – the Shanghai-listed Lotus, which manufactures food supplement MSG, Teamax, a smart city planning and construction firm, and cable manufacturer Recon.

“Lotus has been losing money consistently for the past 15 years, with those in charge blaming old equipment and too many employees,” they reported.

Xia sold his 18.8 per cent holding in Recon earlier this year, shortly before the stock went into freefall losing more than half its value in a number of weeks. The current boss is listed as Xia Jianjun, rumoured to be his brother, not Tony himself.

As for Teamax, Xia said he sold it for hundreds of millions of dollars prior to buying Aston Villa in May 2016. In true China fashion, however, it’s virtually impossible to check who Xia really is and how many companies he effectively controls.”

It would almost seem from that article that Xia is little more than an employee of Recon - real shades of Carson Yeaung ......if true of course. The case that Xia has no money appears to be growing stronger.

How could an "employee" sell 18.8 percent of a company? Unless he went to the recent Wyness school of business?

Don’t see how he can get back from this... even if it isn’t as bad financially as the press made out. I have zero faith in his abilities or anything he has to say, the guy is a fraud. I hope he is getting called out on Twitter!  Lerner was a turd of an owner but for me Xia tops him... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How could an "employee" sell 18.8 percent of a company? Unless he went to the recent Wyness school of business?

I wouldn't have thought it breaks any rules to hold shares in a company that employs you ?

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t see how he can get back from this... even if it isn’t as bad financially as the press made out. I have zero faith in his abilities or anything he has to say, the guy is a fraud. I hope he is getting called out on Twitter!  Lerner was a turd of an owner but for me Xia tops him... 

Nor me -it just how low he takes us before dumping us and onto whom

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry chaps, and I would say this, but football is fickle. We beat Fulham and Tony gets lauded for gambling and winning, not one voice of dissent would be heard. Lose and he's the worst owner ever. I will not forget what this club was when we got relegated, or what has happened the last two years. And I thank Tony for that, regardless of how it has turned out. What matters most now is how we recover, and it looks like things are in place to achieve this. I will be gutted if we have to flog Grealish to pay for the Mcormack and Richards contracts etc, but it ain't all Tony's fault. Yes the buck stops with him, so I hope he knows that and makes sure that when he finally sells up, it is from a positive position, because he has stuck with us and turned it around. It is far to easy to point fingers when it doesn't go well. 

Sorry Jareth but i have to disagree. It is all his fault.

He promised us the earth, gave us false hope and ultimately despair.

Yes, football is fickle and if we were promoted we would not be in this position now. We would all be like a dog with 2 cocks....and who knows what would have happened after that, we can only guess.

But he purchased this club, he is the owner, he came in with we will be this we will be that. He led us on to a false dawn.... i am not naive enough to believe it all as i have seen and heard it so many times. But, as you say, the buck stops with him.

The biggest worry here is what does he do next because so far decision making is not turning out to be one of his strengths. So, given that it does not fill one with too much hope. 

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry chaps, and I would say this, but football is fickle. We beat Fulham and Tony gets lauded for gambling and winning, not one voice of dissent would be heard. Lose and he's the worst owner ever. I will not forget what this club was when we got relegated, or what has happened the last two years. And I thank Tony for that, regardless of how it has turned out. What matters most now is how we recover, and it looks like things are in place to achieve this. I will be gutted if we have to flog Grealish to pay for the Mcormack and Richards contracts etc, but it ain't all Tony's fault. Yes the buck stops with him, so I hope he knows that and makes sure that when he finally sells up, it is from a positive position, because he has stuck with us and turned it around. It is far to easy to point fingers when it doesn't go well. 

Fair point.....but its also fair to assume the money has run out and smart decision making becomes critical - Rightly or wrongly I am not confident that Xia can make those decisions. At the moment it could all prove to be hyperbole - however IMO there is a more than equal chance that we are in a bigger mess now than anything we experienced under Lerner.

So he supposedly  can’t get money out of China which has proven to be bollox so how did he propose to pay for his dream theme park ? Mute point now seem we will have to sell the land all around the stadium on the cheap to cover his **** up. With each passing day my bile for him grows. Lerner was shit but at least he had the $$$ to jay the bills without selling off the crown Jewell’s. Xia is a shady chancer who hid behind how hard it would be to verify his claims. Can’t share what I’ve heard but it ain’t pretty and his continued involvement with us could well be ruinous.. He  is a toxic bullshitter ! That’s from people from within the game btw 

Well, its hard to know who to believe....it wasn't so long ago, we was the "holier than thou" organisation and we was accusing others of skullduggery.....seems a bit rich now.

I have no idea what to believe....its seems like this business we are in has attracted more than one charlatan.

I guess we just have to wait and see what unfolds.

I just hope that in an effort to get out of the swamp, we don't inadvertently get deeper in it.

so far, it seems since HDE went that is precisely what we have done.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Mute point now 

$$$ to jay the bills

selling off the crown Jewell’s. 

Image result for mute point it crowd

...but yes, I do grow increasingly more worried about Xia by the day.  I'm not happy with the situation but won't be making final judgement until we see how it all pans out.  Although I'm pessimistic, we can't know anything for sure unless we have inside knowledge (and if you actually do, fair enough).

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Can’t share what I’ve heard but it ain’t pretty and his continued involvement with us could well be ruinous.. He  is a toxic bullshitter ! That’s from people from within the game btw 

It may very be the case that Xia isn't the rich, business savvy character that he tries to portray. But we are taking about a guy that barely speaks English, is hardly ever even in country, and who employed Wyness to take care of the day to day running of the club. 

Yet people from within the game all know he is a toxic bullshitter?

What a load of nonsense. 

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

It may very be the case that Xia isn't the rich, business savvy character that he tries to portray. But we are taking about a guy that barely speaks English, is hardly ever even in country, and who employed Wyness to take care of the day to day running of the club. 

Yet people from within the game all know he is a toxic bullshitter?

What a load of nonsense. 

He has told a fair few porkies though......

Sorry to continue to pop by.  But its fascinating seeing you guys go through pretty much all the stuff we've done multiple times in the last 12 years.  Bottom line is that you have - at best - a chancer of an owner who looks like he gambled more than you could afford to lose and now cant dig you out of it.  With a fair likelihood that the reality of the situation is far worse than what has yet been publicly revealed (in our experience it almost always is).  Given that, it seems laughable that any of you are sticking to defending your owner and suggesting blame doesn't ultimately lie with him for the state you are in.  He owns the club, chooses the senior employees, is responsible for your clubs financial health.  And has clearly messed it up so severely you're going to have to sell your best players, and probably half of your car parks just to get to the end of the year.  

Unfortunately, for some fans its like stockholm syndrome with owners.  No matter how objectively terrible, crooked, incompetent or evil, a section of the fanbase (unfortunately for us quite a large one when we were dealing with the likes of Bates, Cellino and GFH) will continue to find excuses for them or even support them even when everything is falling at part.  At times seeming to value loyalty to the idiot wrecking owner than to club or fellow fans.  Making it harder for decent and sensible fans to push together to get them out and the club able to start to rebuild.

Of course from the outside its darkly funny to see others being lined up to suffer as badly as us (or even a fraction as badly as us).  But if you really love your team, you'll learn from all the crap we went through, and at least try to stay united as a fan base, and recognise that if there is blame for what is going wrong it sits fairly with the guy who made the decision to buy your club and who has for whatever reason (idiocy? criminality? walter mitty delusions? money laundering? utter incomptence) left you on the edge of what could be a very deep hole.

Oh yeah, and if your owner is lying to you about small things, it usually means he is lying to you about almost everything else, including the really important stuff.  If an owner starts lying to you about anything, however trivial, alarm bells ought be going off all over the place.

Edited by WaccoeOnline
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well, its hard to know who to believe....it wasn't so long ago, we was the "holier than thou" organisation and we was accusing others of skullduggery.....seems a bit rich now.

I have no idea what to believe....its seems like this business we are in has attracted more than one charlatan.

I guess we just have to wait and see what unfolds.

I just hope that in an effort to get out of the swamp, we don't inadvertently get deeper in it.

so far, it seems since HDE went that is precisely what we have done.

''Well, its hard to know who to believe'' 

I know what i believe and thats that he is an imposter, charlatan, wannabe. Sure he's probably got a load of money in relative terms, but no where near enough to run a football club.

HDE had his detractors and at time that included me. But at least he always had AVFC at heart....sorted out cash flow, profits instead of losses, gave funds to managers, paid tax bill on time.

I know the game has moved on since HDE was 'The Don' and I was never his number one fan, but he would never have put Aston Villa in this mess it is now. Never.

• Like 1

Everytime I see a regurgitation of the same nonsense on here I check to see if there has been a new negative story to intensify our impending doom.

ALAS... nothing but regurgitation.

I'm wondering if we should wait to see what happens or just continue the roundabout argument.

A few months ago Donald Trump was leading the World to nuclear war with North Korea according to social justice warriors and the media. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Everytime I see a regurgitation of the same nonsense on here I check to see if there has been a new negative story to intensify our impending doom.

ALAS... nothing but regurgitation.

I'm wondering if we should wait to see what happens or just continue the roundabout argument.

A few months ago Donald Trump was leading the World to nuclear war with North Korea according to social justice warriors and the media. lol

re this for the Steve Bruce thread.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WaccoeOnline said:

Sorry to continue to pop by.  But its fascinating seeing you guys go through pretty much all the stuff we've done multiple times in the last 12 years.  Bottom line is that you have - at best - a chancer of an owner who looks like he gambled more than you could afford to lose and now cant dig you out of it.  With a fair likelihood that the reality of the situation is far worse than what has yet been publicly revealed (in our experience it almost always is).  Given that, it seems laughable that any of you are sticking to defending your owner and suggesting blame doesn't ultimately lie with him for the state you are in.  He owns the club, chooses the senior employees, is responsible for your clubs financial health.  And has clearly messed it up so severely you're going to have to sell your best players, and probably half of your car parks just to get to the end of the year.  

Unfortunately, for some fans its like stockholm syndrome with owners.  No matter how objectively terrible, crooked, incompetent or evil, a section of the fanbase (unfortunately for us quite a large one when we were dealing with the likes of Bates, Cellino and GFH) will continue to find excuses for them or even support them even when everything is falling at part.  At times seeming to value loyalty to the idiot wrecking owner than to club or fellow fans.  Making it harder for decent and sensible fans to push together to get them out and the club able to start to rebuild.

Of course from the outside its darkly funny to see others being lined up to suffer as badly as us (or even a fraction as badly as us).  But if you really love your team, you'll learn from all the crap we went through, and at least try to stay united as a fan base, and recognise that if there is blame for what is going wrong it sits fairly with the guy who made the decision to buy your club and who has for whatever reason (idiocy? criminality? walter mitty delusions? money laundering? utter incomptence) left you on the edge of what could be a very deep hole.

Oh yeah, and if your owner is lying to you about small things, it usually means he is lying to you about almost everything else, including the really important stuff.  If an owner starts lying to you about anything, however trivial, alarm bells ought be going off all over the place.

no need to apologise....

most of us have got it.

he is an imposter and the crown jewels are more than likely going to end up here...

07London walks3.jpg

Edited by imavillan

Â