Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

Why? We literally know NOTHING about the financial "crisis". All we know is we had some unpaid taxes, and that Wyness has been sacked. The press has had a field day for weeks now, yet most of it's pure speculation. To me this message board has always been the sound of reason, but I'm utterly staggered about the amount of conjecture and overreaction on here lately.

We don't actually know who owns the club, does that not bother you at all? Xia holds 20% (approx) in the "child" company that owns us and even less in the 'parent' company that owns that one. Scares the hell out of me and if that's an overreaction then so be it. We were discussed in the house of commons and the EFL are meeting with us nest week. Is that all conjecture too? 

There is certainly a lot unknown and a lot of misinformation, but I think it's fair people are worried and it's not purely down to the missed tax payments getting into the press. In fact it may be our saviour that it did. 

Some of the stuff I've seen horrifies me and no I can't expand on that and it's frustrating as hell and if people think I'm BS'ing then that's fair too. 

• Thanks 2

If he really does own buisnesses outside of China then sureley he can get loans from the outfits he owns outside China.Actually he has said that he is trying to raise a 30 mil loan,maybe he is trying to do just that.Its good to know that he does actually like Aston Villa and is trying to do the right thing by us ( I think )

I have never been really interested in the financial side of the club.....and FWIW have never really believed what any of the owners have said.

Its clear that the monies involved from the Premier league now have attracted a different kind of owner, compared with the past.

Also, We have never been particularly smart with big money buys always been more successful with prudent modest signings.....so the sugar daddy type has never interested me.

Equally, I am not interested in these front men, to whom we have no idea, who and what they are.

I have always had the impression that we were running the club on a sustainable basis where the club was self financing and that big transfers were perhaps supported by the owners own funds and that the club would pay that back to them on an incremental basis......at no time biting of more than the club could chew.

How Naive am I?

47 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Well if it's more debt, it just kicks the problem further down the road. 

true enough, but if £30m means we are in a stronger position this coming season then it buys us some time to sort our shit out. 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

true enough, but if £30m means we are in a stronger position this coming season then it buys us some time to sort our shit out. 

Sure, but that's all it will be doing is buying time with bigger problems down the road should we not go up again. I'm in favour of pressing the reset button with an owner that is hugely smart over hugely rich and if it takes a few years in the Championship to get to a sustainable model with mostly our own youth and an identity and playing style etc then I'm all for that. We currently are mortgaged to the hilt (unlike lerner who used his own cash to prop us up and didn't take out loans) and just plugging hole with the HOPE we somehow get out of this mess (like the hope we got promoted to get us out of a mess)

The owner has broken my trust (I was a little bit sceptical with all his talk to start with and dug about, asked questions) and I feel it's best if he sells ans there are a few interested buyers, I know this with a great deal of confidence, what all of their intentions are etc I have no idea, but I think it's best he sells. His business model of creating company after company to then move cash around, backed by probably over a dozen of unknowns, fills me with dread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

new Sponsors are 32red , unibet going to sponsor the training kit  , some of the big hitters contract wise have gone  ... are we going to pull this FFP lark off ?

Edited by tonyh29
right company name !!

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

new Sponsors are 32red , recon going to sponsor the training kit  , some of the big hitters contract wise have gone  ... are we going to pull this FFP lark off ?

Unibet are sponsoring the training kit

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

and that's why I always pay my Barclaycard bill with my Amex card which in turn I pay with my Barclaycard

and one day in the future I'll live sustainably

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

new Sponsors are 32red , unibet going to sponsor the training kit  , some of the big hitters contract wise have gone  ... are we going to pull this FFP lark off ?

If PSG can bypass it with Neymar and Mbappe then why can't we?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

A stupid owner and ex CEO? Just generally being shit. Smart people make smart decisions, add a knowledge of the chosen profession and you get even better decisions. Xia zero knowledge of football or Western business and a CEO who was appointed by the people who approached Xia about Villa. Who then went on to pay exorbitant amounts for people that didn't deserve it.  Can't possibly wonder why?? ?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Yeah, seems to me there is some dodginess there. I think eventually it will come out that there's been some huge bungs involved. Milan went apeshit at having the rules applied to them saying that every other big club got to make a deal and why did they have to suffer the letter of the law...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

If you are winning the league title literally every year and are the country's only hope in the champions league, then trust me, FFP is nothing to worry about.

It is like tax, it is always the poor people who are worrying about increasing tax. Rich people are not really affected.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

If you are winning the league title literally every year and are the country's only hope in the champions league, then trust me, FFP is nothing to worry about.

It is like tax, it is always the poor people who are worrying about increasing tax. Rich people are not really affected.

They are.....but in a far different position to deal with it.

Thats the world we live in.

I can't see him ever recovering from this.....I don't see fans seeing him in the same light.

The sooner he sells up and goes the better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

32Red and Unibet are owned by the same company I believe. 

This is what i've seen too.

However surely we will still be getting extra money from them for additional training kit sponsorship.

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44474415

Paris St-Germain need to sell 60m euros (£52.9m) worth of players by the end of June, to comply with financial fair play (FFP) rules.

They were cleared of breaching FFP rules, but the French club's transfer dealings from last summer onwards will remain "under close scrutiny".

Uefa opened an investigation into PSG's spending in September.

It came after PSG broke the world record transfer fee in August 2017 when they signed Neymar for £200m.

They also signed Kylian Mbappe on loan, and could pay £165.7m for him this summer.

"The financial impact of transfer activities as from the 2017 summer - up to and including the upcoming transfer window - and compliance with the break-even requirement for the 2018 financial year will remain under close scrutiny and will be thoroughly looked at in the coming weeks," Uefa said in statement.

European football's governing body introduced FFP 'break-even' rules in 2013, requiring clubs to balance their spending with their revenue.

Turkish champions Galatasaray have been fined six million euros (£5.3m) and need to reach full break-even compliance by 2021-2022. They could be fined a further nine million euros if they fail to meet the requirements of the agreement.

In closing the PSG investigation, Uefa said the "break-even result of the club remains within acceptable deviation" for the past three financial years.

But it is understood that in order to balance the books for the current financial year, which ends on 30 June, they need to raise money from player sales.

The seven-time French champions have been owned by the Gulf state of Qatar, via its Qatar Sports Investments fund, since 2011.

Marseille were fined 100,000 euros for a "minor breach" of the break-even policy, while Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv were found to be non-compliant and will enter "settlement agreements" to help them meet FFP rules.

Â