Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Not expecting anything.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Yer but you said the rest of the article was problematic - I thought it painted a picture of what this season should look like, with luck. If you think it's problematic, why?

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice, so when did you come aRound? ?

Some time ago sne. Had an interest in both teams but have plumped for the Villa. Never been in doubt since although I'm not sure about Lee Hendrie's dress sense. ?

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

All quiet around Villa Park

I wonder what today's bombshell or revelation is ?

Today’s bombshell revelation is that there is no bombshell revelation. How can a club the size of Villa have no bombshell revelation? What the hell is going on? I demand answers and action!! Surely at the very least Doris could have runout of semi skimmed??

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yer but you said the rest of the article was problematic - I thought it painted a picture of what this season should look like, with luck. If you think it's problematic, why?

I didn't say that.

You asked what was the main problem now and I said the other bits in the article, such as:

There remain many unanswered questions about Xia’s ability to effectively fund Villa, though sources have suggested the owner has enough resources to see the club through the next few weeks.

Keeping his promise on the playing budget will depend on Xia engineering a more dependable cashflow from China than in recent months. It has been claimed the owner, who is eager to remain in control of the club, has been seeking outside investment.

The article merely says that Bruce has received assurances (i.e. that cuts won't be as severe as feared) from a meeting at which he wasn't present. It then goes on to repeat that there are some uncertainties.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I didn't say that.

You asked what was the main problem now and I said the other bits in the article, such as:

The article merely says that Bruce has received assurances (i.e. that cuts won't be as severe as feared) from a meeting at which he wasn't present. It then goes on to repeat that there are some uncertainties.

Fair enough!

I remember when MON left, we had worries about finances, milner left and lerner started to face serious questions. Then a few months later we smashed our transfer record signing bent, lerner carried on being defended with this as proof and everything went great from then on....oh no wait. 

I hope the club isn't in a serious mess, however my questions regarding Xia will remain, if new investment has come in, why was it needed? Are we going to get any clear idea on the true wealth of xia and the claims he made when he arrived? How sustainable is it? And after failing twice I will question the decision to stick with bruce if we intend to try and be competitive on a lower spend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I remember when MON left, we had worries about finances, milner left and lerner started to face serious questions. Then a few months later we smashed our transfer record signing bent, lerner carried on being defended with this as proof and everything went great from then on....oh no wait. 

Was this a financial fair play issue, though, or more a poorly managed wage bill and lack of interest from the owner who wanted to sell?

The situations seem to be pretty far apart, even if the net result is the same (i.e: panic regarding finances at the club).

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Today’s bombshell revelation is that there is no bombshell revelation. How can a club the size of Villa have no bombshell revelation? What the hell is going on? I demand answers and action!! Surely at the very least Doris could have runout of semi skimmed??

I thought I'd read somewhere that Doris had gone and Barbara was now the tea lady,just shows how quickly things happen at Aston Villa.

Other than that, have I missed any news regarding the club since the play off? ?

2 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

I thought I'd read somewhere that Doris had gone and Barbara was now the tea lady,just shows how quickly things happen at Aston Villa.

Confirmed - Doris is now the Very Strong Coffee Lady at Juventus. We just couldn't stand in the way of her ambition. 

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

Other than that, have I missed any news regarding the club since the play off? ?

I think you are just stirring it?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Confirmed - Doris is now the Very Strong Coffee Lady at Juventus. We just couldn't stand in the way of her ambition. 

selfish.....just gone for more caffeine.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cudoz said:

Re. Your first point.

The alteration to share rights was a resolution by shareholders sought under the Companies Act and was made before the final.  This resolution would have been filed whether we were promoted or not, as legally it couldn’t simply disappear should we be promoted, it would still need to be filed with the Registrar.

The important date is always the date of the resolution, not the date it was filed.  It seems we were being prudent and planning for both eventualities, we don’t have to issue new shares because of these documents but we now have the power to seek external investment.

We will never see the documents referred to so of course this is all speculation.

We've seen the documents. there are all on here. Your point is exactly the same as mine. It was prepared pre play off, to use in the eventuality we didn't go up. Pointless debating semantics. 

As for the share resolution, I agree we DON'T have to issue shares, but it would be less than usual to apply to to remove the restriction and then not to and of course it's all speculation unless you're Tony Xia or I am. Should we just not speculate at all? may as well close the thread guys ?

23 hours ago, dukes said:

Yes, but the date of Dr Tony's signature is 25th May so it was decided before the playoff final as were the changes to Wyness role/control.

resolution.JPG

I know, where have I said otherwise? files were signed and you have 21 days to act upon them. Point is he DID and that ties in with what we 'know' Wyness was suspended after the PO most likely having refused an alter position. What's interesting to me is what they wanted to change and why. Which ties into something I heard, which I appreciate is all a bit of a nothing statement as I can't say what it was. 

20 hours ago, Jareth said:

Ta for all that, you're either clued up on this sort of thing or just very convincing. This all counters the idea that Tony waited to lose the final and had no plan B...

Doesn't have to be 'external' he could issues shares to one of his 'other' companies, in order to move funds around. 

16 hours ago, hippo said:

I think he is stark raving bonkers - he might not speak english - but he doesn't understand how things work over here. You have a tax bill you pay or go to prison,  I think he is a bit more a wild west, bung here, shady deal there, pull the plug on a deal once you have the headline.

....and he is a downright liar as well !

That is indeed my view *allegedly* ?

15 hours ago, hippo said:

How can you not see dishonesty:-

He promised to come and live in the uk

He told us we hadn't even touched the parachute payments

He told at the time of the takeover he was buying a us logistic firm for £500m

The idea of the theme park is still on the recon website  (as is the purchase of millennium films) 

AND had a 3.2 billion dollar deal only a few months away in the US. It's all out there if you look

Â