Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

If what we are led to believe is true then we'll all have to wait quite a bit longer for European football.

Build one team to get out of the Championship. Another to stay in the Premier League and then yet another to be competitive for top six.

Indeed.?

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If this is accurate - then what's the main problem now?

Bruce is understood to have received positive assurances on the troubled club’s future direction after board members held crunch talks on Tuesday.

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/13/steve-bruce-encouraged-after-receiving-positive-news-on-aston-villas-playing-budget/

Well thats positive news - from a reasonable source as well.

But I thought somebody posted a brilliant quote yesterday "would you trust the guy who got us into this  mess to get us out of it" 

I hope the above is true - but I still hope Xia goes 

Just now, striker said:

If what we are led to believe is true then we'll all have to wait quite a bit longer for European football.

Build one team to get out of the Championship. Another to stay in the Premier League and then yet another to be competitive for top six.

Indeed.?

Let starts with just building one team 

(Hope you don't mind me asking - but are you a villa or everton supporter?) 

Just now, hippo said:

But I thought somebody posted a brilliant quote yesterday "would you trust the guy who got us into this  mess to get us out of it" 

I hope it is true too, he's a good source like you say. My main question is, if that is all true, then I don't see any difference between where we are right now and where we were an hour after we lost the play-off final - other than the Wyness generated media storm.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I hope it is true too, he's a good source like you say. My main question is, if that is all true, then I don't see any difference between where we are right now and where we were an hour after we lost the play-off final - other than the Wyness generated media storm.

An accurate assessment I think is we are going to get the season we should have had when first relegated next season - ie cost cutting and steadying the ship, with a few youngsters in the first 11 - after the last couple of weeks I would take that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That's not much of a defence though is it. Bad things happening behind closed doors doesn't mean they aren't happening. 

No, wasn't my point - my point is about what is shared publicly and why it is shared - if a Director of Chelsea was to go rogue and turn over the inner workings of their finances there'd be a commons select committe called to investigate. I would love a club that didn't need to use credit or structure deals in certain ways but that's idealistic.

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why? We literally know NOTHING about the financial "crisis". All we know is we had some unpaid taxes, and that Wyness has been sacked. The press has had a field day for weeks now, yet most of it's pure speculation. To me this message board has always been the sound of reason, but I'm utterly staggered about the amount of conjecture and overreaction on here lately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As always, even with that above positive article, I will reserve judgement and see what happens. If all of a sudden we sell Grealish for £20m, then the article is probably wrong, but if we fend off interest and start seeing regular, trusted sources talking about players we're interested in, then it may have more than a ring of truth to it.

I'm not going to sh*t the bed and use the bedsheet to smear "EVERYONE OUT" just because of a couple of articles and an unpaid tax bill, as alarming as that was. Let's just wait and see.

UTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Why? We literally know NOTHING about the financial "crisis". All we know is we had some unpaid taxes, and that Wyness has been sacked. The press has had a field day for weeks now, yet most of it's pure speculation. To me this message board has always been the sound of reason, but I'm utterly staggered about the amount of conjecture and overreaction on here lately.

Right... I’m thinking you maybe gave a different definition of “reason” to many people!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Right... I’m thinking you maybe gave a different definition of “reason” to many people!!!

Did I now... It's probably a good thing I have a selective memory...

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If this is accurate - then what's the main problem now?

Bruce is understood to have received positive assurances on the troubled club’s future direction after board members held crunch talks on Tuesday.

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/13/steve-bruce-encouraged-after-receiving-positive-news-on-aston-villas-playing-budget/

If that is accurate then things are looking a lot more positive than I had feared but I want to see things happening like bringing in a couple of free transfer/loan players and holding on to Jack, Kodjia and Chester (or at the very least not selling them for peanuts) before I believe the garden is looking a little more rosy than it did last week. :unsure: 

• Like 1

My take on Xia is, that he was one of a number of people chosen by the Chinese Government to step out into the brave new world of capitalism. So they sent him off to Harvard and backed him in various ventures. This backing was both financial and enabling. In other words they made it very easy for him to trade, using him along the way almost as a front for business strategies they wanted to push. 

At some point football came on to their radar and Xia, along with a number of others, was encouraged to invest in football. Now, for whatever reason, the Chinese Government aren’t as keen as they were on football and so are reining back. If Xia's star, for some reason, has fallen recently, then we are feeling the effects more acutely than most. His apparent naivety in business practices seems to have been exposed once he no longer had the Government smoothing the way. 

If the above is true, and I hasten to add that it’s purely conjecture, based on what is probably 90% press drivel, then our main hope could be that the Chinese Gov don’t want to allow one of their countrymen to be associated with the demise of an historic English football club. Therefore they do enough to keep us going and tell Xia to get the club sold, before hanging him out to dry. We then have to hope we win the new owner lottery. 

As I say this is all conjecture on my part. But if we waited for facts then the posts would be pretty sparse on here. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Let starts with just building one team 

(Hope you don't mind me asking - but are you a villa or everton supporter?) 

Think you've misunderstood my post. I was repeating previous statements from club under Xia with a rather large dollop of sarcasm.

No don't mind you asking at all. Now a Villa man with a previous interest in Everton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Think you've misunderstood my post. I was repeating previous statements from club under Xia with a rather large dollop of sarcasm.

No don't mind you asking at all. Now a Villa man with a previous interest in Everton.

More drama at villa. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

More drama at villa. 

Certainly is Jareth but hopefully things will work out for the best before new season starts?

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Nice, so when did you come aRound? ?

Edited by sne

Â