Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So if the club is for sale or seeking investment, looks more like the claims of his wealth he originally stated are well off. 

Yep, knew he was full of hot air! It's usually the case when people gob off about doing this that and the other.

All talk, no trousers.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Quite frankly I would be amazed that any person would put a hefty minority stake into Villa and still let Dr Tony be in charge, as he clearly has not got a scooby doo.

I think he is stark raving bonkers - he might not speak english - but he doesn't understand how things work over here. You have a tax bill you pay or go to prison,  I think he is a bit more a wild west, bung here, shady deal there, pull the plug on a deal once you have the headline.

....and he is a downright liar as well !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks Terry

Done it.

An Airplane always flies against the wind to take off......might be an omen for us in there somewhere.

Or you could be just about to fly into a flock of birds and blow up all the engines :D

One of Tone's greatest crimes was to get our hopes up, we were all believing prior to the Fulham game - had we won then delirium, but we lost - utter gloom. If we become insolvent then frankly he's an awful and careless owner, if we remain solvent and restructure successfully then I see no crime at all, other than some ambition.  

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

One of Tone's greatest crimes was to get our hopes up, we were all believing prior to the Fulham game - had we won then delirium, but we lost - utter gloom. If we become insolvent then frankly he's an awful and careless owner, if we remain solvent and restructure successfully then I see no crime at all, other than some ambition.  

I know its not pleasant but I don't think you are seeing what is in front of you. The guy has consistently lied to the villa fans, he has deployed a very primitive dump and pump strategy, all to get his grubby hands on the sky TV money, this guys care nothing for Aston Villa - we wouldn't be in this situation if he did.

Just now, hippo said:

I know its not pleasant but I don't think you are seeing what is in front of you. The guy has consistently lied to the villa fans, he has deployed a very primitive dump and pump strategy, all to get his grubby hands on the sky TV money, this guys care nothing for Aston Villa - we wouldn't be in this situation if he did.

Fair enough mate, I'm not seeing any dishonesty as of yet, but that's in the eye of the beholder so we'll all see that different in some way or other. I think this place would be absolutely dead if there had not been a media sh*tstorm and I've my doubts over how and why that happened. We'll all hopefully know a bit more in the coming weeks so we can stop speculating on the outcome. Beats f*ckin Love Island which the wife insists on watching. 

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fair enough mate, I'm not seeing any dishonesty as of yet, but that's in the eye of the beholder so we'll all see that different in some way or other. I think this place would be absolutely dead if there had not been a media sh*tstorm and I've my doubts over how and why that happened. We'll all hopefully know a bit more in the coming weeks so we can stop speculating on the outcome. Beats f*ckin Love Island which the wife insists on watching. 

That's not much of a defence though is it. Bad things happening behind closed doors doesn't mean they aren't happening. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How can you not see dishonesty:-

He promised to come and live in the uk

He told us we hadn't even touched the parachute payments

He told at the time of the takeover he was buying a us logistic firm for £500m

The idea of the theme park is still on the recon website  (as is the purchase of millennium films) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Would you say the same about Lerner? 

Just now, hippo said:

How can you not see dishonesty:-

He promised to come and live in the uk

He told us we hadn't even touched the parachute payments

He told at the time of the takeover he was buying a us logistic firm for £500m

The idea of the theme park is still on the recon website  (as is the purchase of millennium films) 

Its the trump effect. Just ignore it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Its the trump effect. Just ignore it all. 

It could be argued that the Trump effect has people ignoring any positives he has done too.

"Trump is leading us into WW3, NK are going to Nuke us, IMPEACH"........ Reaches peace deal, NK agree to de-nuclearise "Trump is canoodling with the enemy, terrible deal, we got nothing out of it "

Social Media and other news networks have essentially just turned into FOX NEWS for liberals. The irony?

With this, as well as any other situation, including ours.

I prefer to disseminate all the information presented from all angles before I go feeding into anybody's dramatic angular reports.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It could be argued that the Trump effect has people ignoring any positives he has done too.

"Trump is leading us into WW3, NK are going to Nuke us, IMPEACH"........ Reaches peace deal, NK agree to de-nuclearise "Trump is canoodling with the enemy, terrible deal, we got nothing out of it "

Social Media and other news networks have essentially just turned into FOX NEWS for liberals. The irony?

With this, as well as any other situation, including ours.

I prefer to disseminate all the information presented from all angles before I go feeding into anybody's dramatic angular reports.

Sensible.

Those strongly defending xia don't seem to be doing that. That's my point. 

Also, what positives are people ignoring in regards to how the club is currently run?

If this is accurate - then what's the main problem now?

Bruce is understood to have received positive assurances on the troubled club’s future direction after board members held crunch talks on Tuesday.

Bruce was not present at the meeting, chaired by chief commercial officer Luke Organ, but was later informed of the surprisingly bright outlook by Steve Round, the club’s technical director.

Though the budget is reduced from last season, the cuts are not so severe as feared and both Bruce and Round are now more confident of being able to build a team that can be competitive in the Championship next term.

Some sources have even suggested Villa, who have been suffering from an acute cash crisis, are ready to fight to keep star man Jack Grealish.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/06/13/steve-bruce-encouraged-after-receiving-positive-news-on-aston-villas-playing-budget/

• Like 2

On 11/06/2018 at 22:38, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely stunned at how people are turning Keith Wyness suing for constructive dismissal into the 3rd phase of Villapocalypse.

People sue for constructive dismissal ALL the time, even Martin O'neill did.

He may or may not have done things which made the club feel they could dismiss him for foul play.

No one knows. 

It is nowhere near as dramatic as fans are making it out to be.

Not sure how this is another "Xia can't run a club" beating stick. lol

Bottom line is he wants money, what's the surprise?

You're making a lot of sense today mate...... although I haven't checked the gabby thread yet ?

• Haha 2

Â