Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whether Tony shafted the club or not I think we have to realise what a financial mess the club was when he took over.  The club gambled on getting promoted rather than fixing the issues.  Had for example Newcastle not got promoted in the first or second year they would be in the same mess too.  I suspect if Boro don’t go up next season they could be in a spot of bother too.

Had the club tried to balance the books straight after relegation we most likely wouldn’t have been able to compete for promotion last season. We would have been in a Norwich style situation. 

No doubt fans would have been going mental about that too and saying he is ruining the club 

Im not defending Xia. He took a big chance but used he wrong footballing people to do it and blew it. 

Is that true? 

They might be in FFP trouble but our financial issues seem more than that.  

Maybe, but the big huge difference is he wouldn't have been. Gambling the clubs future because fans might have moaned is no excuse. He is meant to be a self made billionnaire.

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not a chance, there is a lot more prudence in the way both clubs were/are run. When Middlesbrough were relegated only Hull, Burnley and Bournemouth had lower wage bills and I can't imagine it has escalated since. Not much deadwood in their squad either.

Fair point. But does highlight how much of a mess Tony had taken over. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. But does highlight how much of s mess Tony had taken over. 

I don't think it does. The cash flow issues seem to be all from him. It highlights the new mess he created on top of what he inherited. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Is that true? 

Maybe, but the big huge difference is he wouldn't have been. Gambling the clubs future because fans might have moaned is no excuse. He is meant to be a self made billionnaire.

As I said I’m not defending him. He has messed the club up with his appointments in particular the CEO. 

26 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Ian Taylor tweeted that we far from out of the woods yet so I'd expect more bad news in the coming weeks.

Or news that we are out of the woods?

Or is this not possible in the age of Villacopalypse we are all certain is upon us?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As I said I’m not defending him. He has messed the club up with his appointments in particular the CEO. 

Not just his appointments. Its looking increasingly concerning that his lack of honesty is a major factor.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its looking increasingly concerning that his lack of honesty is a major factor.

As you demand others to answer your points, please point to evidence of dishonesty from Tony to back this up. There are a lot of smears at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

As you demand others to answer your points, please point to evidence of dishonesty from Tony to back this up. There are a lot of smears at the moment. 

Articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business. The fact we missed the tax payment and the fact we cashed in early on transfer fees when we knew ffp was an issue for this year. 

Its looking more likely that his wealth and the things he said when he arrived are not true. 

What evidence do you have to suggest he is being completely honest? Or is it like trump again, just assume the cult leader is great and the world is against him. #MVGA 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is that true? 

This, I said previously, if he had said, "the club has been hemorrhaging money so we are going to have to be sustainable and prudent for a couple of seasons to balance the books" to prevent an event if we failed promotion.

People equally would have lost their sh*t.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business. The fact we missed the tax payment and the fact we cashed in early on transfer fees when we knew ffp was an issue for this year. 

Its looking more likely that his wealth and the things he said when he arrived are not true. 

What evidence do you have to suggest he is being completely honest? Or is it like trump again, just assume the cult leader is great and the world is against him. #MVGA 

Articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business - please link to these, and highlight the factual evidence of Tony's dishonesty

Its looking more likely that his wealth and the things he said when he arrived are not true - this is not evidence

What evidence do you have to suggest he is being completely honest?  - like yourself, nada.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business - please link to these, and highlight the factual evidence of Tony's dishonesty

Its looking more likely that his wealth and the things he said when he arrived are not true - this is not evidence

What evidence do you have to suggest he is being completely honest?  - like yourself, nada.

Haha ok. 

You ignore it, i'm not surprised. If only there was a fox news version of VT. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This, I said previously, if he had said, "the club has been hemorrhaging money so we are going to have to be sustainable and prudent for a couple of seasons to balance the books" to prevent an event if we failed promotion.

People equally would have lost their sh*t.

But is that an excuse? So what if fans moaned? He is a self made billionnaire (so he claims) and he is going to gamble the existence of the club because fans might want him to spend more. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha ok. 

You ignore it, i'm not surprised. If only there was a fox news version of VT. 

I'm still interested in these articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business - get those posted with their incontrovertible evidence of Tony lying to everyone then the debate is settled - seems an easy win. 

This is what the co founder of millenium films said about the deal that ended up not happening. 

"They paid us $20 million and the deal is now dead. As far as we know, it’s dead. The deal was for a little over $200 million for 100% of the company. They gave us $20 million on the come and they were supposed to pay us and they gave us many reasons why they couldn’t. It was this, it was that. It’s very simple. It’s dead."

seems very similar in talking about having all this money and not coming through. Difference is he managed to get this club, probably due to the desperation of lerner and relegation. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

This is what the co founder of millenium films said about the deal that ended up not happening. 

"They paid us $20 million and the deal is now dead. As far as we know, it’s dead. The deal was for a little over $200 million for 100% of the company. They gave us $20 million on the come and they were supposed to pay us and they gave us many reasons why they couldn’t. It was this, it was that. It’s very simple. It’s dead."

seems very similar in talking about having all this money and not coming through. Difference is he managed to get this club, probably due to the desperation of lerner and relegation. 

And according to that he was able to put down and lose a £20 million deposit. Clearly a pauper. But that's by the bye, how does it prove Tony is dishonest? 

Just now, Jareth said:

I'm still interested in these articles and opinions by people with knowledge of chinese business - get those posted with their incontrovertible evidence of Tony lying to everyone then the debate is settled - seems an easy win. 

Posted one earlier today. A few days ago someone posted one from someone else who knew chinese business and sport. 

There is no incontrovertible evidence, hence i saids its becoming concerning, not its happened. 

Show me anything that points to him being 100% honest? There was no collusion!!! #MVGA

Just now, Jareth said:

And according to that he was able to put down and lose a £20 million deposit. Clearly a pauper. But that's by the bye, how does it prove Tony is dishonest? 

No one said he is broke. 

I think it is too early to judge Tony. The team that got relegated in 2016 was a disgrace if that team hadn't been rebuilt we would be where Sunderland are.Did we spend too much rebuilding ?Probably but if we were mid table this season everyone would be saying the owner should be doing more .Very few people at the time had a good word to say about Doug Ellis because he kept a tight control of transfer spending.When he sold everyone was rejoicing about having a new owner .That has turned into nightmare.Becareful about what you wish for.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Posted one earlier today. A few days ago someone posted one from someone else who knew chinese business and sport. 

I saw that, it's entirely speculative, and slanderous, raising the spectre that Tony is a money launderer - that's all fine to raise if there is a smoking gun or a whistle blower or in fact anything - it also has a high possibility of being a smear. I may be wrong, so again, please cut and paste the bit which proves Tony's dishonesty. 

Â